So! I tried this on another forum and it nosedived early on due to relatively few players.
The basic gist of it is the southernmost city of a country called Tanperi. The city itself is called Ende, and is based on an island. The general population live on the mainland and bridges connect it to the castle and upper class district.
And where's the mature part to it? That really depends on us. There's a great deal of possibility for darker themes in this, both sexually and in torture and murder. Politics is an ugly game, after all! :3
The idea is that we'd be playing out a scenario where the Empress has gone missing. All characters are playable and entirely your decision - bear in mind that if you decide to play a townsman, you need to find some way to connect yourself to the aristocracy (by friendship, distant relation or some other personal interaction). The following slots are available:
- The Emperor (Speaks for itself) [Taken: Vostroya]
- The Crown Prince (Emperor's firstborn son)
- The Crown Princess (by marriage, not birth) [Taken: LimitlessNikkie]
- Related Royalty (I'll limit this to two, since we don't want everyone being Royal brats :P The Emperor's aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, etc.)
- The Nobility (In order of rank: Duke/Duchess, Margrave/Margravine, Earl/Count/Landgrave, Viscount/Viscountess, Baron/Baroness, Baronet/Baronetess - When it comes to what differentiates those ranks, it's pretty simple; the further down the ranking you go, you own less land, and you also report to the next rank above you. So, a Baron has less land than a Viscount, and the Viscount is the man in charge) [Currently Played: Travaius, Viscount]
- Diplomats (Emissaries from foreign countries) [Currently Played: Coastal Cities Diplomat, Hayley; Avantier Diplomat, Lyrus]
- Knights/Dames (Typically commoners or lower gentry given land and title by the Emperor for service)
- Reeves/Squires (Attend Knights and Gentry)
- The Military [Currently Played: Captain of the Guard, Elfguy; Captain of the Imperial Knights, Silk]
- Yeoman (Peasant who owns his own land - usually farmers)
- Peasant (Paid land worker)
Serf (Bound to a Noble, unpaid - much like a slave)[/list]
So, basically, you can be anyone you like. Tanperi is a xenophobic nation and it is highly unlikely your character would hail from anywhere else, unless you decide on a diplomat. You can feel free to post up a CS for anyone I mention in my character's history, and if you'd like others to be able to play some from yours, do say so. I will allow two characters each for variance, but if you select two, they must be at least three ranks apart.
My character is responsible for the Empress being missing, but nobody knows this as yet. If you'd like to be a conspirator in this, I don't mind discussing it - it could be rather fun. CS is below with my character details there. And yes, you can just use a picture if you can't be arsed with a description, just no anime stuff pleeease.
If you have any questions on rank or society, give me a poke via PM.
See if we can get any action on this, this time. :3CS
Full Character Name: Mereavus Atalanta Vorserkeine.
Given Name/Title: Eave (To friends), Your Excellence/Your Grace.
Desired Role: The Empress' Advisor, Duchess.
Build: Athletic, slightly curvaceous
Eye Color: Brown, near black
Hair Color: Red/mahogany
Sexuality: Bisexual, female preference
Character Background: Mereavus was born into a Baronial family as the only child. Her mother died in childbirth and her father never remarried. She grew up with the nickname Gremlin, purely because she refused to dress in girls' clothing. She had a habit of stealing the stable boy's clothes and going out to climb and play in the mud. At the age of sixteen she was engaged to marry Duke Vorserkeine, who had never met the girl, but went on her father's good reputation. The court laughed at the idea, until Mereavus turned up perfectly presentable and married him at seventeen. He reached great political success largely owing to her mind, and the Empress recognised this early on. They became fast friends and by the time Mereavus was twenty-five, she'd taken up the post as her Advisor. Her husband, Remus, and their two children (William, 18, and Roselyn, 16) live in a Ducal manor on the mainland to ensure they can properly administrate their Duchy. The pair have an open marriage and as a result, don't appear to mind the other's work-ethic.