In a World of Vampires. (Open to all)

Started by Katrina, July 26, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discordantentity

Taking the Dossier Darien perused it and read carefully, it was enough to start searching and he himself would keep an ear out.  Still he headed over to and kicked an antiquated color photocopier so it would work as he made copies and a master copy for this task, the photo came out in color but it was a bit faded.  "Then do enjoy yourself, I have a lady to give company.  I also need to speak with my sire about this arrangement."  He then got up and offered his hand, so that the deal could formally be closed since a signed document was rather inciriminating.

Dunnuck

Chris approached Megan, standing next to her for a moment before speaking. "I am sorry about firing at you, ma'am." He apologized, more sincere this time. "But usually beautiful women are how my enemies get to me." He explained.

Starlequin

"Hello, Leroy Marsdale speaking." "Ah, Mr. Marsdale! This is Mr. Brentwood, calling about that contract assignment. I hope you're having a pleasant evening?" Leon said through clenched teeth, wishing silently he could find a way to burn that fat little toad to a crisp over the phone. "Oh, yes, yes, the job's done. Say, while we're talking, I don't suppose there was anything you perhaps neglected to mention? Any little tidbit or morsel of information that just, I don't know, slipped your mind? Like what? Oh, like, say, the fact that YOU SENT ME INTO A FULL GODDAMN SABBAT NEST FOR A ROLL OF FUCKING RECEIPTS?!?" He could feel the rage of the Beast welling up within him, and for several seconds he was so overcome with anger that his entire body tensed up and he imagined himself strangling the little Ventrue until his head popped off like a wine cork. As he throttled the phone, Neko watched patiently from the bar, scooping salsa onto some nachos from a little glass jar.

When he regained control of himself, he held the twisted phone back in place and listened to Leroy's panicky, static-filled voice trying desperately to smoothe things over with him. "Dat-dat-dat-dat-dat. Leroy. Leroy. Leroy, shut--dammit, shut up! Listen to me. Here is what you're going to do to keep me happy. And you want to keep me happy, don't you Leroy? Yes. Good. I'm going to bring you your damn ledger tomorrow night. No, not a damn minute sooner. And if you send a ghoul to pick it up, I'm going to send him back to you in pieces. When I bring you your little book, you're going to have my fee ready. Cash. Large bills. The usual, that's right. Except this time, you're going to pay me what the job was worth. By my count, I dusted 18 shovelheads in that damn coven, and every one of them died harder than the last. So you're going to pay me an extra $1000 for each one I killed. And then, just to top things off, you're going to throw in an additional $5000 as an apology for sending me in with such shitty intel. Are we clear?...Leroy? I said, are we--ah. Good. Then I'll see you tomorrow night. Good night, Mr. Marsdale."

Leon jammed the 'End Call' button so hard, the abused handset finally shattered. He dropped the ruined phone to the floor and moved to take a seat at the bar near Neko. He watched enviously as she spooned an ungodly amount of salsa on a chip and scarfed it down, her eyes on him.

"Don't look at me like that. Marsdale's an asshole, and he deserved every second of it. And more." Silence. "I mean it! He nearly got me killed! Again!" More silence. "I don't care. I'm not apologizing." Still more silence. "Oh, shut up. Eat your chips." Neko merely shrugged and re-focused on her snack as Leon pushed away from the bar and headed back to his study. "Let me know if you need anything, kiddo," he called before he shut the door. Of course, if she needed anything she would get it herself without a word to him; it was just something he always said, mostly because he felt like something should be said.

He wished he could have snagged a sample of the new drug the Sabbat were pushing; he would have loved to find out its base chemistry. But sadly the coven he'd hit tonight had not been involved in its production; only its financing. There were other ways he could pick up a sample, of course; if he felt like dredging through the ledger again, he probably could have determined shipping patterns, ingredient deliveries, enough information to give him a bare-bones picture of the drug's life span from cook to dealer. Or he could go out and hit the clubs, see if anyone was talking about some new slush on the street. But he didn't feel like it. The evening had taken more out of him than he cared to admit, and he just wanted to sleep. It was still pretty early, only about 3:30 am, but there was really nothing else to be done. He kicked his feet up on his desk, staring at the myriad maps that papered the wall over his desk. There were maps from dozens of countries, some modern, some out of date, some so ancient they depicted the world as a small, flat disc with the oceans pouring endlessly over the sides. On each were brightly colored thumb tacks, push pins, stickers and marker stains, color-coded according to a deeply complex personal system. The accumulation of over sixty years of searching; Leon's own private quest.

"Where are you...where are you hiding, Cruor Perussi?" Leon's last words drifted into nothing, as he fell into the sleep of the dead.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dunnuck

"I don't typically feed." He said to the woman, sounding as if he was making an excuse. "I can't do it without killing the person." What he meant by that was he couldn't let them live. That and he didn't want to be tracked. His teeth marks were unique. Hell, his teeth were unique. Most vampires had the typical fangs, but not he. Most vampires have four puncture points, he has a unique eight. Behind each biting tooth was another, and all eight teeth were razor sharp and close together. Also, after the feeding the part of the victim's neck would turn black. He couldn't let people live because he couldn't risk them surviving the transformation process, which wasn't likely. It could potentially make them like him, and the world didn't need that.

Chris changed locations every couple of years. He would move from country to country, town to town, or state to state. He was forced to be a nomad.

Katrina

(OOC: Gotta head to work, but I will post when I return)

Katrina

Megan gazed up as Chris spoke to her.  She tilted her head some and offered him a small smile.  "You're forgiven. I understand.  Really, I do.  I know how the Sabbat operate."

If he looked close enough he'd see her eyes held a certain sadness revealing just how much humanity she still had.  Had he told her of his feeding issues, she could have helped.  Perhaps he didn't know, he could heal his bite mark with a simple swipe of his tongue and that it took more than a bite to make one like them.

Dunnuck

Florence, Italy, During te Renessaince...

David had decided to directly feed again tonight, though he was weary because the last few times he did it, things seemed different. He had not tried to turn someone into something like him in hundreds of years, yet the last time he fed, they acted as though they were beginning the process.

He stalked the woman, like a lion and it's prey. She was isolated, alone. He took her from behind, holding her mouth closed with his hand as he bit into her, bringing her to the ground. He kept it as clean as he could as he slurped the blood from her neck. His eyes rolled into the back of his head. He was sent into a frenzy, breathing heavily. His eyes turned black and blue, no white present at all. Then it happened. For him, the rules changed. Her body arched back and she let out a scream against his hand. Her eyes began to darken and her body twitched. The screams grew more intense and he clamped his hand down farther
Then, she chomped down on his hand, her vampric teeth already grown in. He let out a surprised shriek and drew away, looking at his finger that she had bit. 8 marks. He looked up and she was gone.

"Fuck!" David shouted, sucking the blood off of his hand and spitting it out. "Impossible." He said to himself.

The entire night he hunted what could be considered his kin. A bite isn't suppose to turn them. It never has in the past and he didn't understand how it was possible, just that it was. She had plenty of blood left within her and as far as he knew, none of his blood ever entered her body. Was this an advancement? Or a curse? Eventually he found her, prowling in the streets. He had to kill her. Someone like him was too dangerous.

Present Day...

"Thanks for your forgiveness, darling." He said in his suave voice.

EDIT: Added something at the end of flashback

Katrina

Megan nodded some as she sipped from her glass and gazed about.  A part of her wondered if the haven she had here at one time was still here.  She'd have to check it out and see.  She had to find somewhere to stay, that was for sure.

"Think nothing of it."

Dunnuck

"So how did it happen?" He asked. "How did you become a vampire?" He specified. "If...it isn't inappropriate to ask." He added at the end.

He needed to contact Leon god damn Brentwood. Maybe he would be willing to help Chris. He needed to feed. The urge was insane. Blood packs didn't give the same satisfaction. But it was too dangerous for Chris. His safeguards were almost all gone. Was it from his age? Licking the wound worked, but only to a certain degree. A small blacl patch of skin still remained. And he could no longer keep his victims alive because he didn't need to go through the entire process to turn someone. It seems like he was bred for war, but he had always chosen to stay out of those things.

"Do you know somewhere discreet...private, where I can get some tests done?" He asked.

Katrina

She gazed to him.  Tilting her head some. 

"Well, I met my sire while at a bus stop.  We became friends and he gave me a ride home. I don't think he ever intended to change me but it was one of those life or death choices.  Several weeks after meeting him, he happened to drop by my place during a break in.

The two men had left me for dead and I don't know what happened until I woke in Vincent's arms with a hunger I'd never felt before.  I...I killed one of the men, sating my thirst on his blood.

Vincent is no longer around anymore.  I haven't seen him in...well, years.

What kind of tests are you needing done?"

She spoke in hushed tones and left out the part about her once being a sabbat.  She'd tell him that later once she was sure she could trust him and that he wouldn't hear it and kill her without her explaining especially since he was being chased by them earlier.

Dunnuck

Chris smiled at her. "Just some stuff I want to get checked out is all." He responded. "It's nothing terribly serious." He said with a gesture of his hand. "You seemed interested in the world. Want me to tell you about it?" He asked

Kraven Trollsbane

i left Darien upstairs and went to the bar downstairs. i ordered a drink, vodka on the rocks. and proceeded to look for the girl.
 A&A

Katrina

She gazed to Chris.

"I'd like that very much.  Someday, I'd like to see other places besides what's here in the states."

Kraven Trollsbane

i scanned the room and saw megan talking to chris. i made my way over to them. "this job looks like easy money, well information"
 A&A

Katrina

Megan gazed over.

"If I can help in any way, please let me know. I'd be happy to help, though I've only recently returned to town."

Dunnuck

"I suggest Iceland. Scenery there is unparalleled. Japan is very cultured if you go to the actual japanese parts of Japan. Tokyo and Okinawa dont have much native culture; those areas of Japan cater to tourist. Russia's citizens are very interesting; always have good stories to tell. Their dedication to their country is astounding. Italy is has beautiful towns, the architecture is amazing. Australia and Africa both have amazing wildlife. The world has a lot to explore, Darling." He said. His gaze turned to the man from earlier, who approached them. He silently hissed under his breathe. "Anyways..." He said, ignoring the mage. "World is crazy. If you do plan on travelling the world one day, you will not be disappointed."

Katrina

She smiled some to Chris and heard the hiss.

"Perhaps someday I shall.  Someday when I find someone to travel with.  This life is getting old when you have no one to share it with."

Despite the sabbat driving her and her sire apart, it was after all the pack priest who cause her sire to go off in a jealous rage killing innocents and turning cold to her which ultimately led to her saying screw you to the sabbat, she still believed in love and all those human emotions.

Kraven Trollsbane

i ignored the hiss that Chris gave me. "i'd be more than happy to show you the world Megan, and you wouldnt even have to pay for plane tickets."
 A&A

Katrina

She offered the mage a soft smile.

"perhaps...though, my travels are strictly night travels.  The sunlight and I, we get along worse than you and Chris here do."

Kraven Trollsbane

"thats ok people dont tend to take well to a man flying with magic so i tend to travel at night too." i smile and wing at her
 A&A

Katrina

*She chuckled a bit.  "true enough"

Yes, I think the world might panic if they knew even a fraction of what's really out there.  That the things that go bump in the night aren't their imagination, but something much more.  And much more dangerous.

Dunnuck

Chris let a small laugh escape him. "It's pretty bad what people are capable of when in fear." He said, his memory lingering on Iceland. "For a vampire, a love life is different." He said, his vpice dark. "Love of any kind is. Especially when its shared with someone who ages." He sighed slightly. "Watching your partner grow old and die while you haven't aged a day can be hard. Friends, family..." He stared off for a moment. "Kids." He cleared his throat. "Just a hint of reality for you. Be careful who you care about."

Katrina

She looked to Chris. 

"Oh, I am...its why since my sire I haven't allowed myself to fall for a mortal.  Its too painful to let someone go.  Though on the other hand, being alone is even worse I think.  After all, a wise man once said, it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Dunnuck

"Was that wise man a vampire?" He asked. "Losing a love is different than watching them whither away and die. Completely different." He ordered a drink and took a sip of the liquor. "I'm heading out in the morning, but I will be back. Want anything?" He asked. "And before you ask, they call me Daybreaker for a reason. You don't get as old as me without a few perks." He said with a smile.

Katrina

She gazed to him and nodded some.

"I see what you're saying.  I'll be fine.  I'm going to head out and see if my old haven is still around.  If not....I guess I'll find someplace to sleep for the day."