About referrals

Started by Wolfrin, July 23, 2010, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfrin

I wanted to know... does this referrals thing can do me harm if the person had some issues with me outside the forum?
Just for example, we are not friends anymore and stuff.

I only have one referral, but I don't talk to this person anymore. Can the ref be taken down somehow, or it will not affect anything in the future?

And on an other note, NobodyAfterDark was referred by me, but I don't think it can do anything from me I guess ^^; .

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oniya

I'm pretty sure nobody judges you on the quality of your 'referrals'.  If someone follows your referral link (like, if you have it in your sig on another site), and they end up being underage, or a jerk, or whatever, then they just wash out during the intro process.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfrin

Okay, but even if the person was accepted?
Anyway, if there is no harm then I don't mind ;).

Oniya

Well, if they can comport themselves like mature adults, which they would have to do in order to avoid washing out, then no harm, no foul.  If they do get in and then start harassing you, then by all means report them to staff.  (This actually goes for anyone who harasses you, whether they came via your referral link or not.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfrin

Ah okay thanks.

And what happen to the one I asked to come, but didn't know to tell about the referral?

Haibane

Quote from: Oniya on July 23, 2010, 01:49:52 PM
Well, if they can comport themselves like mature adults, which they would have to do in order to avoid washing out.
Hm, well this opens a whole new discussion.

Neroon

I don't see that it needs to, thanks.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Trieste

Quote from: SerinaKiyamie on July 23, 2010, 01:55:04 PM
Ah okay thanks.

And what happen to the one I asked to come, but didn't know to tell about the referral?

There isn't a way to add them to your referral profile, but in the future you can hand people your referral link (found in your profile). :)

Paradox

Quote from: Oniya on July 23, 2010, 01:29:30 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody judges you on the quality of your 'referrals'.  If someone follows your referral link (like, if you have it in your sig on another site), and they end up being underage, or a jerk, or whatever, then they just wash out during the intro process.

Yeah. From the drop-down list on his profile, even Vekseid referred someone who ended up being denied, and another who turned out to be underage.  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Caeli

I have referrals who I have no clue how they were referred here in relation to me. :P

But no, we don't judge anybody on the quality of their referrals.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Wolfrin

Thanks so much for your reply. It was a great help :).