Retrieving deleted post!

Started by Aeval, July 22, 2010, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeval

Ok.I am NOT computer savvy at all! And I had just finished writing quite a long post when it was deleted as has happened to me so many times in the past! THIS time I decided to google how to retrieve these things and it said to use 'control Z'. Well..I had nothing to lose..I tried it and it worked! Here is the link that explains it!
http://www.ehow.com/how_4456280_retrieve-files-after-delete-them.html
Hopefully that means I won't ever lose another post! Or at least not many!!  ;D

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, I am so going to try that!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

WyldRanger

Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind, though I often times just type my posts up in Works (yeah, too poor/cheap/lazy to get Word) and saving often before posting a reply.

Oniya

Quote from: Xana on July 22, 2010, 09:04:41 PM
Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind, though I often times just type my posts up in Works (yeah, too poor/cheap/lazy to get Word) and saving often before posting a reply.

Psst - Open Office.  All the functionality, none of the Bills.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WyldRanger

Quote from: Oniya on July 22, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
Psst - Open Office.  All the functionality, none of the Bills.

I've heard of that, just haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

Oniya

I've got Mr. Oniya using it (I have a legit copy of 2000 for work) and we can trade documents back and forth as long as he remembers to save it with the right extension.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WyldRanger

I'm actually quite happy with Works as it does everything that I've needed it to do thus far, but as I am returning to school it might be nice to have the added functionality that would provide.

Kitsunetsuki

Just wanted to pop in & offer a quick note to anyone who types their posts into the form box on E (instead of using a text editor)...If you happen to use Firefox, you can use the Lazarus Add-on which saves anything entered into a "form"...So, if you happen to accidentally surf away from the page, or lose your connection, your post can be retrieved.

Also, if you happen to Ctrl-Z (Undo) one too many times, remember that you can Ctrl-Y (Redo) to undo your "undo". ;)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Ket

Quote from: Xana on July 22, 2010, 09:25:25 PM
I'm actually quite happy with Works as it does everything that I've needed it to do thus far, but as I am returning to school it might be nice to have the added functionality that would provide.

You can purchase Microsoft Office for a substantial student discount if you have a school e-mail address. Plus, if you get Office 2007 now, as soon as 2010 comes out you get a free upgrade.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Haibane

Quote from: Ket on July 22, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
You can purchase Microsoft Office for a substantial student discount if you have a school e-mail address. Plus, if you get Office 2007 now, as soon as 2010 comes out you get a free upgrade.
That would depend on which country you live in, of course.

Trieste

Quote from: Xana on July 22, 2010, 09:25:25 PM

You are only happy with Works because you have not yet tried OneNote. ;)

Haibane

LOL. Very true. Its like the 'this-browser/that-browser' argument or the PC vs Mac discussion. You are always happy with what you know best.

IIRC there were peasants quite happy in Soviet Russia in the 1930s...

Also Trieste, I love you new Dita avatar. She's so incredibly sexy.

Trieste