You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:35:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: I Write Like  (Read 360 times)

Offline GryphonCompanionTopic starter

I Write Like
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
Not sure if this is where this goes, as it has to do with writing, and internet. If it is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it ^_^

So I found this site in the past few minutes. http://iwl.me

I took ten different posts I have made in my time to see who I actually wrote like. Well, I got eight different results, as two authors came up twice. In no order, they were Anne Rice, Margaret Mitchell, H.P. Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Jack London, David Foster Wallace (twice), and Dan Brown (twice).

So my question is: Do you guys think this site is legit? If so, am I really that sporadic in my style of writing? Or is that a good thing to be compared to so many different authors? If not, is this site really just bs? Or is this there to just tease people?

Let me know what you think!

GC

Offline Will

Re: I Write Like
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:23 AM »
*chuckles* This has already been linked twice, once in On Topic and again in this board.  You're not really erratic; the site is hilariously bad at what it does.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »
Oh crap o.o; I did not even think to look around for it >.< Though I should have realized it since this is a writing site after all lol.

Thanks Will. I was hoping it wasn't me. And wow you replied quickly!!

I still welcome others' opinions even though the site is silly. =)

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
It told me I write like Jane Austen, ffs. XD  It's good for laughs.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
LOL! I kind of balked when it said J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown. I thought it was for classic writers? I'm a bit surprised that Robert Jordan and Terry Brooks are not in there, as they are both, arguably, the heirs to Tolkien's throne.

Offline KatieSparks

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »
Mine told me I write like Margaret Atwood. I've only read one of her books, but I thought I was going to throw up.  :-(