You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:51:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi  (Read 23371 times)

Offline Captain Maltese

Re: Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi
« Reply #400 on: October 04, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »

Simple cooking, but extremely traditional autumn food here in Norway: mutton-and cabbage stew.

And that's all there is in it, except for salt and pepper. I usually cook potatoes on the side. Basically you have a kettle with a lid, and put wooden sticks in the bottom. Over them you put a layer of chopped mutton (not ground; I am not sure how to translate it; pieces of meat?) and have salt and pepper on the layer. The most traditional is to use black pepper corns, loose or in a pepper tube; I make do with pepper powder. Then you add a layer of pieces of cabbage. Another layer of meat, and so on. When you are at the top of the kettle, add water to fill up all the remaining space. Let simmer for about two hours.

This is excellent leftover food; many say that it is the tastiest the third time it is warmed up. Obviously the cabbage turns to soup and the meat to broth.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:30:22 AM by Captain Maltese »

Offline The Lioness

• ♥ Boi Crush ♥ BustyGermanGirl ♥ Baby Doll ♥ Lass ♥ Kitten ♥
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #401 on: October 04, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »

Simple cooking, but extremely traditional autumn food here in Norway: mutton-and cabbage stew.

And that's all there is in it, except for salt and pepper. I usually cook potatoes on the side. Basically you have a kettle with a lid, and put wooden sticks in the bottom. Over them you put a layer of chopped mutton (not ground; I am not sure how to translate it; pieces of meat?) and have salt and pepper on the layer. The most traditional is to use black pepper corns, loose or in a pepper tube; I make do with pepper powder. Then you add a layer of pieces of cabbage. Another layer of meat, and so on. When you are at the top of the kettle, add water to fill up all the remaining space. Let simmer for about two hours.

This is excellent leftover food; many say that it is the tastiest the third time it is warmed up. Obviously the cabbage turns to soup and the meat to broth.

That's a lot like what we in the North East USA call Boiled Dinner. Typically we use corned beef or a tough cut of beef and simmer it with cabbage, carrots, onions, and potatoes (covered with water or a stock with salt, pepper, and a bay leaf or two) for a few hours. At least....that's how I make it. Nom.

With the leftover veg and meat, I like making a hash with some fresh cabbage (I like the freshness of cabbage) for breakfast the next day with a bit of butter and some eggs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:28:04 PM by The Lioness »

Offline Trevino

« Reply #402 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:46 PM »
Hard Boiled Eggs

1 Dozen Eggs

Fill a pot with water, and then set on stove until it boils. After that, carefully place the eggs in the boiling water. Wait about 15 minutes before draining the water. Peel off the shell, and feel free to add them to a salad, or eat them whole!

Offline Captain Maltese

« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »
Bachelor's stew

1 glass of water
1 pound or so of ground meat
1 can of red beans
1 can of chickpeas
1 cube of broth

Instead of frying the ground meat, you cook it in water with a pinch of salt. Which results in juicier meat and absolute zero frying fats. Once the meats's no longer red you add in a bit more water, the broth and the two cans of vegs. I will some times also put in onion and garlic, and I serve it with a tablespoon of sourcream. Yummy and simple and you won't believe how healthy it is.

Offline XandiTopic starter

• HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: In Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »
Bachelor's stew

1 glass of water
1 pound or so of ground meat
1 can of red beans
1 can of chickpeas
1 cube of broth

Instead of frying the ground meat, you cook it in water with a pinch of salt. Which results in juicier meat and absolute zero frying fats. Once the meats's no longer red you add in a bit more water, the broth and the two cans of vegs. I will some times also put in onion and garlic, and I serve it with a tablespoon of sourcream. Yummy and simple and you won't believe how healthy it is.

I'm glad you are eating so good. You are venturing into a lot more stews and soups and that is great for you. Yay you. Thank you for the recipe too, I always like to try new soups and stews. Have a great day.

Thank you to everyone else for all the recipes. I love to try new things and I am having a blast trying all the great ideas. *hugs to all*

Keep those recipes coming y'all. *hugs*

Online despickable

• I'm A Sex Object Whenever I Ask For Sex They Object
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2016, 06:13:15 AM »
Thought I would share this video as there are some wicked hints here and was wondering if anyone else had used these or what you thought of them

I really want to try a baked potato that way