You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:11:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Language use  (Read 578 times)

Offline VictorTopic starter

Language use
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:53:48 AM »
I have a list of story ideas I want to most in the "One on One / Solo Roleplays Wanted" forum. I did not attempt to be vulgar but I did what to describe them to make clear what I felt to be necessary details.

Before I post I would like to know if there are restrictions on language use or something like that (being a new member I don't want to get banned after less than a day).

Thanks.

Online Lilias

Re: Language use
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:19 AM »
The civility rule applies when you address other members OOC. Within your stories, though, it's all up to yourself and your partner(s). As long as you do them the courtesy of making sure they're okay with (X, Y or Z) beforehand, feel free to make troopers blush! ;)

Offline Ket

• Electroslut Extraordinaire
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • The Onion Queen - crispy fried goodness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:04:23 AM »
Remember that request threads are in the public area of the site, so they must stay PG-13. If you want to get into major detail about certain kinks, a good place to do so would be in your Ons/Offs thread, which you can link in your signature.

As for curse words, we ask that you use them sparingly.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »
Alright thanks... that's what I wanted to know. =)

Would the best thing to do then is ask people to check my O/Os (since it is restricted to forum members).

Online Lilias

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »
It's a good idea to link your O/Os in your signature and point people there. You don't want to waste time with incompatible lists, do you?

Offline Caeli

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »
Also, for the sake of your own peace of mind, using "strong language" in and of itself is not a bannable offense. As Lilias stated, where language comes afoul of rules would be if they were being directed at another individual or group of individuals.

Even then, most people are merely warned, especially for a first offense. :-)

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 05:21:34 AM »
That's good to know... this forum is AWESOME!!!... so I'd like to stick around.