You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 08:07:05 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Guess I'm going to bed now  (Read 703 times)

Offline ElisaRoldanTopic starter

Guess I'm going to bed now
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »
I keep throwing myself to people for role plays and don't get responses. I'm gonna just go to bed. And you know what? If I don't get any replies by tomorrow I will be very upset.  :-( I don't know what more I can do. I keep trying and trying T.T I won't give up though ^.^

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Guess I'm going to bed now
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:23:18 AM »
I wouldn't give up so soon. It can take weeks for a particular idea to find someone that thinks it's as great as you do. Sometimes people and ideas match, sometimes they don't. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things in more detail, maybe I can offer you a few tips.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »
I wouldn't give up so soon. It can take weeks for a particular idea to find someone that thinks it's as great as you do. Sometimes people and ideas match, sometimes they don't. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things in more detail, maybe I can offer you a few tips.
Heck I have role plays that have been sitting in my thread for months. Actually I'm going to go check I think one has been up for a year. Don't get discouraged.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »
It's just a matter of patience.  I've had ideas out there for three or so years and no one has nibbled on them yet.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »
Well that's the thing. I'm actually one of those people trying to PM the people who are actually looking for role plays with their own idea's and what not and none have got to me yet. I mean I even see them online.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
I would just be patient and give it time. Roleplays don't come instantly for anybody, and it might just be that you're having some bad luck with the people you're contacting.

Online HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »
True. Do you have an ideas thread of your own up yet?

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »
Well I have posted them up and maybe I'll be a little more patient

Offline Lady Annabelle

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
This is just something tiny, but it might help you.

I noticed that you don't have any links in your signature.  A good idea is to put the link to your ideas, your On/Offs(both of them) and even your A.A when you get one in your signature.  It really is simple and easy to do.  Caeli just created a very easy tutorial right here that makes it so simple to put the important links into your signature.

What that does is it makes it easier for other users to find your likes and ideas.  For example, let's say you are goofing off in the Forum Games section.  Some guy sees your posts, clicks on one of your links, notices something he likes about your On/Offs, PM's you and there you have a potential story.

The system of Elliquiy allows for more variety than just people posting their ideas and others responding to them.  You can play with friends, you can message other people you find interesting or just random people you meet.  It can happen at any time, so don't give up hope!  :D

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Well yeah I was gonna try to do that but I'm still fixing up the ONs/OFFs stuff and I'm really having a hard time figuring it out T.T So much things to go through now. I did it before without realizing what I was doing and then my turn on's were my turn offs. Lmfao

Online HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 07:21:29 AM »
You can always create an Ons and Offs page, and list your main preferences, and story ideas and what have you. A lot of people do, and put that in their sig.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
Agreed.
You can always create an Ons and Offs page, and list your main preferences, and story ideas and what have you. A lot of people do, and put that in their sig.

Agreed.  Some people won't respond until they know what your preferences are.  And there's always plenty of free ideas floating around.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
I realized that now. I've been working on it now and still looking for more things to do lol but yeah. Thanks alot I think this answers everything