First things first...
1. I like historical settings.
2. I like to write and have fun.
3. I do prefer a standard of grammatical correctness.
This generally means make it understandable and readable as my brain gets really confused if its not, and am liable to call an RP if I can't understand you.
4. I am willing to give almost anything a shot once.
5. I do the best playing the lady, since I have the most experience in my life of being a lady...
6. I request at all times a writer that will be patient with me, as I have an odd posting schedule due to work and planning my wedding.Historical Settings I Enjoy:
Tudor England, Renaissance Italy, Crusades (England, France, Holy Land), Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, Regency England/Empire France/Revolution era (Colonial) America, Romantic era, Victorian era, 1920s-1930s AmericaThemes I Enjoy:
Lost/Forbidden love, Ghost stories, War, "Alternative" history, Reincarnation, Adultery, Incest, varying degrees of BDSMPlease reply in PMs, and not here, as this will be where I update my musings.
Now the plots...
1. The Lion and the Rose
- Rating: Up for grabs
- Plot: The king is dead. Long live the king. The kingdom in chaos in the wake of the old king's death, the heir to the throne must find a queen to bear his heir, and keep political ties secure. Possible incest (negotiable).
- Setting: 1500s England (stylistically), fantasy
- Looking for: a male character (the new king)
2. I Will Find You
- Rating: Light
- Plot: A shameless romance. Looking for a very stylistic feel and the star crossed lovers feel of Romeo and Juliet, though I am no Shakespeare, or a bit of a Cinderella story.
A young woman of no great means (perhaps an orphan or a maid) is thrust into the strange world of the London (or Paris) scene--larger than life balls and parties, chivalrous young men and beautiful young ladies--out of her element as she is told at the last minute that she must try and fit into the world of satin and crystal. Terrified, she is dressed in finery and set loose at a ball where she knows no one and certainly nothing of the finer points of city living. There, while trying to stay out of the way, she befriends a man who seems to be as out of place as she. At the end of the night, she leaves him to return to the life she normally leads, and he to his.
The story would take place a few years later, when she is a little older and wiser.
- Setting: Romantic era England or France
- Looking for: a male character
3. Firelight...is Just a Memory
- Rating: Light to NC
- Plot: Life is difficult in times of great distress, especially for those who haven't the means to survive on their own. Such is the lot of a young woman, the only child of a man not so frugal with his money. The man, landed in debtor's prison, cannot work the land surrounding the farm, and the parcel is being foreclosed. A gentleman of great means is in want of an heir, which he is willing to contract for. Arranged by solicitors, they meet at a secluded, secret place to protect their privacy and his social standing (for she has none). Her convalescence is arranged once she is known to be pregnant, and a proctor hired by the gentleman assigned to the girl. It was a simple trade--the child for a living, and a promise to never come looking for the man or child.
Six years as a governess to the same family, and the girl has been notified the child she has been tutoring has had an offer of marriage and that her services will no longer be needed. They arrange for her references to be distributed, and she is hired by a household on the rough shores of Wales to care for a rather difficult child while her father tends to business. It is not said what the father does, or of the whereabouts of the mother, which scarcely made a difference. It was a situation, and she would be well provided for.
- Setting: Romantic era to Victorian era
- Extra Notes: I plan to insert diary entries into this story, to give insight to the young woman's feelings. I would love to see someone willing to let the Lord share his own in a similar manner, but it is not required for the story, just something different.
- Looking for: a male character; a long term, literate writer who is familiar with the flow of period romances and is willing to stick with me
Some Characters (and what characters they are....)Name:Gender:Race:Orientation:Age:Appearance:Bio:Setting:Name:Gender:Race:Orientation:Age:Appearance:Bio:Setting:Name:Gender:Race:Orientation:Age:Appearance:Bio:Setting: