I'm looking for a partner or partners to play with me in a paranormal setting. The idea is that my character is a modern-day Catholic priest/inquisitor sent to investigate supernatural and paranormal occurrences throughout the world. Some of these encounters would have sexual or even romantic overtones, and I am looking for someone to play the part of the "other" for the priest. Right now, that "other" isn't strictly defined, but things that I'd be looking to touch on in the storylines would be strong, character-driven roleplaying in which his values, faith, and vows are tested by the other party. Here are some ideas I've had, but let me know if you have any others.
- An Innocent Attacked: The priest is called upon to investigate the case of a young girl who is being sexually assaulted by a supernatural force. This storyline would likely focus on the reasons that the demon has chosen to assault that particular girl, possibly due to some dirty secrets she's kept from her family.
- Dreams in the Dungeon: A hotel stands on the ruins of a site where one of the Marquis de Sade's castles once stood, and anyone who stays in certain rooms is haunted by terrible, vivid dreams. Before an exorcism can take place, Father has to stay there for many nights, discovering the cause of the dreams and the stories behind them. In this plot, I'd like to experiment with roleplaying in the logic of dreams--everything from very "grounded" historical dreams to totally abstract versions of reality.
- Succubus Alley: Every city has its share of prostitutes, but it seems that the ones that have been frequenting a certain alley have been more "aggressive" than most, leaving their "customers" extremely drained, sick, or even stark raving insane the next morning. The cops have turned a blind eye to the whole incident--it makes their job a whole lot easier--but the Church wonders if more sinister forces are at work.
- Cry Witch: Modern accusations of witchcraft are less serious than those of older ages, as the highest punishment the Church can impose is excommunication, and most such accusations are dismissed outright. When the daughter of a prominent political is accused however, the Church, citing some strange happenings surrounding her father's ascent to power (and a marked lack of donations), sends the priest to investigate. The relationship between the priest and the girl, along with the veracity of the accusations, is up for discussion, but could be anywhere from animosity to an eventual romance. Partner: writersmelody (http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74868.0)--variants welcome.
- Vampire Confidential: The Church has long known of the existence of vampires, and has instructed its inquisitors in dealing with them, but how does the priest deal with it when a vampire shows up at Confession? Is she attracted to him? Genuinely contrite? Or simply trying to use him as a pawn in a game of larger forces?
Hopefully you will find at least some of these interesting. Feel free to PM me or post here if you do!