The Haunting of Westhaven Inn

Started by Hera, July 03, 2010, 09:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hera

Found a partner!  Thanks for all the interest :)

The Haunting of Westhaven Inn

The 19th-Century mansion was the upstate retreat of a prestigious New York family for a hundred years, an imposing, elegant monument on several acres of untouched woodland, craggy rock and rolling grass.  For the past ten years a developer has been rehabilitating the place from crumbling shabbiness after years of neglect into an upscale inn and restaurant, a getaway for a new generation of the wealthy and prestigious.

And yet, just as the Inn at Westhaven was completed, it was hastily put up for sale. The price was decent, considering the vast amount of work that had been put in to it.  Maybe more than decent.  It was a turn-key business, ready for a grand opening and for people to fill it once again with the sounds of silver clinking on china, of laughter and music, ready for light to spill from its gracefully arched windows onto its famed antique roses

Now, six months after purchasing the Westhaven, the new owner has started to make sense of it all: the quick, easy sale, the lack of haggling over his quite insanely low purchase offer.  Strange things are happening.  Oh, it's been subtle: noises, sightings of a woman in white, all easily explained away.  Until tonight.  Tonight, she enters his dreams.  Tonight, he can no longer ignore her.  What does she want from him?

The Haunting of Westhaven Inn will be a modern, darkly romantic, supernaturally erotic ghost story.  I'd like someone to play either the inn's owner or a paranormal investigator/psychic called in to quietly look into the strange incidents guests have been reporting, before the rumors start spreading and the bookings start to fall off.

I'd like for this to be a plot-driven story, with a long, slow buildup.  Eventually, there will be romance and, yes, sex with the female ghost (written by me, of course!), but I'd also like the mystery of the haunting and the reason for it to slowly unfold.  I'd really like for my partner to not know all the details of the mystery at the outset, to try to figure them out from his dreams and to have the story go with the flow of how each of us reacts to the other's actions and words. 

I won't be choosing a partner on a first-come basis, because I really need to find someone whose writing style will work with mine.  I like to write with someone who's literate, with a decent command of spelling and grammar, and with a creative mind.  There will be a dark history to the mansion, so if you don't like a little darkness with your ghost sex, you might want to give this one a pass :D

Please PM me for details or if you're interested.