You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:14:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o  (Read 20461 times)

Offline Xillen

Re: WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o
« Reply #300 on: January 06, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »
If a crappy healer is all that induces CC for you I envy your battlegroup. Clearly your DPS has a better grasp on how and when to use interrupt/stun/silence mechanics than my own.

Outgearing heroics as a tank helps a lot. I have almost twice the hit points now than when I first set foot in HCs. In addition, I have more avoidance and armor. I still pop CDs at the start of pulling big groups, to help out the healer as 5-6 mobs bash at me. If there is a healer in the pack, I nuke that one first. Admittedly, if there is more than one healer, I do ask for a CC on the second healer.

As for DPS, if I'm taking randoms, I'm often on top of the DPS meters (which is not that hard when you go full AoE on trash packs and do 14k DPS as a tank). If someone has really low DPS or is basically acting like a moron, I do votekick them out of the group.

Offline Vincent

« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
I swear you should meet my warlock. Only one person in guild is willing to tank for me anymore because i fear yo yo two mobs as affliction to alarming results.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
How are you out gearing heroics at this point in time? Are you in full epic gear already? I am not doing to bad myself but, I seriously doubt anyone is at the point they make Heroics a breeze. I have been in some very good groups, but those mobs are still hitting for a shit ton without CC.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/brutalhoof/simple

Offline Xillen

« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:26 PM »
Well, Heroics drop 346 gear. Ergo, you go there to farm 346 gear. Once you are fully 346 geared or higher, you basically outgear the instance.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/zoe/advanced
My gear's a little better than yours, having a few raid epics where you're still in heroic blues, but it's not that much of a difference. You have slightly more hit points, while I have slightly more parry and mastery. I do have 3200 more armor than you, though, which is quite a difference, in part due to the 2k armor trinket I'm still using from WotLK.

I wonder what causes you to struggle as much. Unless my healer's crap, I have no problems pulling pack after pack without using CC.

Then again, perhaps paladins have more utility. I got 20% DR on 1 minute, 20% DR + Cheat Death on 3 minutes and 50% DR on 3 minutes, which I use alternating at the bigger pulls. My Shield silences casters for 3 seconds, which makes it easier for me to gather all the mobs up, which might help. I also often stun one of the harder hitting mobs early in the pull, to reduce the amount of incoming damage. If someone else receives aggro from the wrong type of mob, a Hand of Protection quickly solves that. If there's incoming partywide damage, my Divine Guardian reduces that by 20%. Finally, if things go out of hand, I got the Lay on Hands lifesaver available every 7 minutes, either on myself or on the healer.

A "breeze" is perhaps too much said, but I can confidently keep pulling packs without requiring to assign CC beforehand, unless either the Healer or the sum of DPS is really too low.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:34:07 PM by Xillen »

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »
I'm single handedly doing the 'Set the Oven to "Cataclysmic"' - Achievement. Quite doable. Especially if you AFK while cooking. *laughs* Small guild, but still.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
*Loves his Worgen Protection Warrior*

Cataclysm is seriously awesome, even though my main is only level 72.

Yeah, I've been playing since December of '08 and still don't have a level capped character.  '

I'm a semi-casual player and have many alts.

I play on Thunderhorn.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »
Officially awesome.  Went in to get my Alliance t-shirt at Hot Topic today and got into a discussion about WoW with one of the female employees. >> <<;; Whoo!

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #307 on: January 07, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
Officially awesome.  Went in to get my Alliance t-shirt at Hot Topic today and got into a discussion about WoW with one of the female employees. >> <<;; Whoo!

That's what I like to hear...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »
-Raises the Alliance flag high-

Offline Vincent

« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »
*beats it down in the name of the horde* Goldie, technicallly, aren`t youu betrying your patron sinnaage?

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »
For the Horde... *growls and sucks the magical energy out of a random passerby*

Offline DobbyDevotchka

« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »
GO ALLIANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Horde can suck it..

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »
-is hoping for civil wars within the factions-

Offline Lyell

« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
I used to be Alliance. Rerolled Horde. Trust no one who says otherwise, the communities are the same.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
I've played Alliance as well. Horde and Alliance don't really differ all too much, like Ly says. It's more a feeling for me ;)

Offline Vincent

« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
I dunoo, t he servers i played on.. rather different.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
There are wonderful people and absolute jerks on both sides... though in my experience the jerks seem to be more noticeable on PvP servers.  Nothing against PvP in general, but I tried a PvP server once and no one would let me level.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »
-Puts her Alliance Flag back up-

Mmm, I've played both but I prefer Alliance to Horde.

Offline Vincent

« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »
*steals and burries the  flag* Horde are just cooler.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
*steals and burries the  flag* Horde are just cooler.

I'll admit, I like playing pretty characters.  Horde are (what I consider) ugly monsters for the most part... and they are allied with the one "race" in the game who I feel are actually evil; the Forsaken.  I have a hard time playing evil.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »
-Giggle/snort-

Evil is easy. Being good is harder.  Though I seem to have a soft spot for Orcs and Tauren.

-Skull bashes Vincent and replaces her Alliance Flag-

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
Horde all the way.  Undead will always have a spot in my heart.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »
Sin'dorei here.
*looks innocent*

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
Sin'dorei here also. Re-rolled from alliance nelf to belf because of the lore and that time blood knigths were badass.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Sorry, reading through the Forsaken's backstory they seem to have one goal in mind. The genocide of all things living. (It is their self proclaimed goal).

That and the undead on my server are mostly jerks. (honestly!)

Between them and the new warchief, I can't get into the fun Goblin zones long term. :-(