Promethean:The created.

Started by Celestial Goblin, September 12, 2006, 02:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

The newest World of Darkness game, in which you play a being of magically created life, a 'Frankenstein moster' of sorts. You progress to triumph over your imperfectness and reach the goal of humanity. Do not look back on what's on the opposite side.

We need one more player at least. It's all set up. Just open your eyes and awaken to this grim existance.

RubySlippers

Does this one have rules or is it freeform? If rules based I'm in but don't have the rules so will need help.

Celestial Goblin

I really think you should contact ZK for the rules, myself i'm just in the process of figuring them out.
Anyway, it's the new world of darkness + Promethean suplement. Good, elastic set of rules.

ZK

It's a more hands on, easy to play system compaired to the others. It suggests 1-3 players max since I have to get involved. I can start small games much easier then large ones [say like how I wanted Chicago. I was stupid thinking I could handle that many genres by myself without aid.]
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

I'm still game for this game then if Z.K. can help me.

And Z.K. if you ever want to do the vampire game only I really want to play my vampire in the nWoD I spent alot of time of her and she's just sitting there. What is wrong with a Vampire game set in Chicago you have one eager player and can likely get one or two others? (pouting) Its sounded like a fun place ans situation to play in.  ::)

ZK

Well, it was originally meant to be a multi-venue game like the book is. As for Promethean. It's made for the ST to walk with the PC throughout the entire game. As you get set goals and such to complete.

Not to sound linear, as the majority of your adjectives are in fact hidden from you.

The summary of P:TC is that you're a monster, you was born a monster and ocstrasized from humanity and nature itself.

Your major goal is to obtain Mortality and become mortal. To be accepted. Key themes are alienation and grotesque circumstances.

Now this game is designed to make the final goal obtainable [as it has actual rules for becoming Mortal] so it doesn't make it feel pointless.

And yes, you do not have to stop playing if your character obtained mortality. In fact, they could either do three things. Stay a Mortal, Awaken as a Mage or be Embraced as a Kindred. When worse comes to worse, they die as a mortal and another Promethean brings them back as a Promethean [woowee, way to start from the beginning all over again.]

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Ummmm, I don't get it. I thought it was more like the other games just your ,well, Created. I get Vampires and the like but I'm not sure about this seems rather complicated. I don't do complicated that well. Like my vampire character was basically food with potential to gain some assets and all I never intended her to be more than a favored vassal to her Sire. A lover also maybe but not all that ambitious. At least not a role that would make me think or take undue risks too much. This seems more than I can handle. I was thinking ok Frankenstein cool could be a vampires bodyguard or a hit woman like that big guy in the Sin City movie. You know a henchwoman or something kind of easy to play.

ZK

It's no more complicated then the political courts of the Kindred's Invictus and Carthian Movement. The game is roughly the same on complexity as it is for another WoD Game. Just this one has a set goal in the end that is obtainable, instead of it being and incurable curse. As for Prometheans, they emit a type of negative energy called 'Disquiet" which effects life itself. It causes Kindred to frenzy, Uratha to suffer Death Rage and mortals to hate them in all due time. Sofar Spirits and Ghosts are not effected and with Mages, it's a whole another story.

As stated before, the only real big difference in this storytelling game is that's it's suitable for a small group and it is more involved on the ST's area then the others.

RubySlippers

My character was food and an attractive companion for her Elder, besides getting more mortal retainers for food for her and maybe getting some foothold running a charity or two behind the scenes I never intended to worry about politics. Just staying off every Elders radar and being useful but not a threat to the established Invictus. Hell just BEING in the Invictus gave her advantages even if otherwise not all that useful looking for leadership roles. In for role-playing it was mainly her relationship to her Sire not the macro-political level. Think the Hunger with the mistress and her lover that was kind of the level I was happy with.

So you see not all that complicated.

This just seems alot more complicated to me.

RubySlippers

Oh more about the game do you have to look like a Freankenstein sort of golem or can you be a sexy clone or a construct that looks normal but isn't?

ZK

Clones are shortlived and NPCs. Every type of Promethean has a disfigurement. I think a Galatea [Muse] would be more suitable. Their Disfigurement is alien beauty. They're beautiful, but so perfect, they're not human.

RubySlippers

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And if I become Mortal she can be vamped so she would an ungodly beautiful vampire?

Ok now I'm interested how do we do the character?

;D

ZK

If you achieve becoming Mortal, that is. Not ungodly beautiful, once you become Mortal you lose your Promethean abilities unless you gained a stat above 5. And if you become another supernatural, you lose the abilities and such you have learned as a "boon". 95% of the time if you don't die, you'll be a Promethean until the end of the story or you complete a lot of milestones.

You'd create the character like you would a mortal, then add the Promethean template with the speical attributes and such.

As for the Attributes and Skills, some are learned after awakening on the slab/in the ground and such, the others are memories left in the corpse(s) that was used to make the Promethean.  Promethean questions are real simple.

"What do you look like?"

"Do you know any other Prometheans yet?"

"What motivates you?"

As for the type you want to be, the Common Virtues are Charity and Hope and the Common Vices are Lust and Gluttony.

RubySlippers

I don't have the rules so have no idea exactly how to do this.

What do you look like? Hummmm let me work on that.

Do you know any Promethans yet? No

What motivates you? Well to gain all sort of experiences through sensations and that can be good or bad. Made from the body parts outside and inside of many whores she is prone to try anything the fetishist sides of her will tend to maschocism, the violent aspect would love raping a woman or serial killing and the parts that get off on sex will fuck a football team and keep going. Drugs, sex, pain. pleasure, doing good deeds and bad deeds all are part of her.

Virtue: Hope
Vice: Gluttony (for sensations of all sorts psysical, emotional and spiritual)

I take it not all roads to Mortality require the gal be good one can learn much of the nature of humanity from the dark aspects.

ZK

Well, there is no rape in this game...and sex isn't commonplace unless it was with another supernatural creatures but mainly amongst each other.

Disquiet plagues Prometheans. So, they tend to take solace mainly amongst their own kind during their Pilgrimage. Your character would have to try hard to have sex with mortals and be convincing and not infect them with Disquiet. You'd end up having a lot of one night stands compaired to having a relationship.

ZK

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=275.0

Page is up.

As well, sex would be concidered an award for a Promethean and the story. Not the means to it.

RubySlippers

Well I don't have the rules and frankly this doesn't appeal to me that much. So I'm bowing out. Again you ever want to run a vampire game I have a character ready to go. Good luck on this game however if you get any other players.