You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 06:10:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Any Wow-Heads out there?  (Read 27598 times)

Offline Wolfy

Re: Any Wow-Heads out there?
« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
Need a new computer? I bought one from Walmart. Yes that's right. Walmart. I bought an Emachines computers there for $400, then went to Tigerdirect and bought a new video card. I run WoW right now on almost Ultra settings, and I paid less than $500 for everything.

Well..considering I'm going to Best Buy(PRobably) I'll most likely do that, actually...just have them crack it open right there and put in a different video card. o3o I wonder how much ti would cost for Crossfire? Hmm...the MB has to be compatible with it, though..<_<>_>

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2010, 02:58:45 PM »
Well, seeing as I'm (finally) getting my Income Tax refund, sometime in the next couple of months, I'll swing a game card, and probably pre-order Cata.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
Well, seeing as I'm (finally) getting my Income Tax refund, sometime in the next couple of months, I'll swing a game card, and probably pre-order Cata.

Hmm..gonna try to get a computer that can play Wow On Medium or so..something for $500-600 at the most, hopefully. Then next time I get my money, I'll buy the video card and have it installed. o3o

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »
Anyone have any idea on how to get the FPS up in a new HP G60 notebook pc? I'm only getting around 7 - 18 on low setting.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
Hmm..No idea. :O Have you tried turning everything off? (Water Detail, Shadows, Etc, etc.)

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
Anyone have any idea on how to get the FPS up in a new HP G60 notebook pc? I'm only getting around 7 - 18 on low setting.

Depends on where you are at, as well. Places like Dalaran are renowned for their lag.
Where do you have 7 to 18?

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »
Right now i'm getting a lot in the undercity and hillsbrad foothils area. it's running an average of 16-17 fps

Offline Blitzy

• In a world full of color, I'll always be black and white.
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Howling's Baby
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 13
« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
*Does a dance with her Horseman's Reigns that just dropped.*

Woooo...

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »
Hmm..Thinking of making a Druid and then just race changing her into a Worgen...but then again..I kinda want to wait for Cata..D:...It's only like, 6-7 weeks away by now.

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #359 on: October 23, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »
I recommend level druid since level 1. It helps get familiar with the class and also get chance experience the new content in 1-60 leveling zones. The 61-79 levels would be the boring part.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
I would wait.. LOTS of new content coming. At all levels. There are at least some new quests in each newbie zone.

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
Not to mention if you re-roll to worgen in 80 you miss out the starting zone RP quests and events :P.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »
-Glares at Blitzy-

^ ^ I hate you.  Sin and I are trying for the Raven Lord.  So far 2-0, no dice. Sigh.

Offline Blitzy

• In a world full of color, I'll always be black and white.
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Howling's Baby
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 13
« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »
*Eyes TGT and giggles.*

My love NCIJade here has gotten the mount on two of his chars so far. Including one bag on his druid that held: The Hallowed Helm, the Squashling, AND the mount.

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn it!

This stupid thing keeps popping up every single time the updater runs; 

The file "C:\World Of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Documentation" could not be renamed to "C:\World Of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Documentation.Trash". If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3)

To check this installation for problems, click the "Repair" button. The Repair tool can automatically fix many update errors.

I want to play. It's been 12 damned days since that goddess damned patch screwed  everything up.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #365 on: October 23, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »
*Eyes TGT and giggles.*

My love NCIJade here has gotten the mount on two of his chars so far. Including one bag on his druid that held: The Hallowed Helm, the Squashling, AND the mount.

Booo.. I only need the helm now v.v

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
I'm getting nothing but Sinister Squashlings on both my characters. But today I saw someone in my group get a Horseman's Blade and Horseman's Reins in the same bag...

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
I got Sinister Calling a few days ago.  Now its sinister squashlings left and right. ><;  Give me the Reins damn it!

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »
I got Sinister Calling a few days ago.  Now its sinister squashlings left and right. ><;  Give me the Reins damn it!

Got on the very first HH run  ^-^

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2010, 10:27:24 PM »
  I hate you all...   *crawls under covers to sulk*

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #370 on: October 23, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
*Glare at people with the Reins.*

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #371 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
  I hate you all...   *crawls under covers to sulk*

Hmm, I had what you had before on another patch ages ago. Something in the tech forum helped me out, but I can't recall what it was. I take it you looked..?

*Glare at people with the Reins.*

*smiles sweetly*

After the ZG mounts now *dies a few times*

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »
Hmm, I had what you had before on another patch ages ago. Something in the tech forum helped me out, but I can't recall what it was. I take it you looked..?

I am looking, but the one thread I found isn't too helpful. I called Blizz tech support and someone gave me a few ideas. Which included deleting the game and reinstalling from the battlenet site*.   It took me 6 days to download the 4.76 gb  3.3 to 4.0 patch. Trying to download WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath and all of the patches and updates? If it's the same download speed, I could be a month downloading it.  /cry

Edit: I did not download the game from battlenet. I might have to do that if nothing else works.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:34:10 AM by Zakharra »

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
>.>
<.<

*Plays on an EU realm*

Might sound odd, but try the EU forums.

( wow-europe.com )

Offline The Golden Touch