You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:38:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Remake Trailer  (Read 450 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Mortal Kombat Remake Trailer
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »
Leaked, most likely, but still very, very awesome. I'm loving most of the reimagining.

MORTAL KOMBAT

Offline alxnjsh

Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »
Oy, Damn it....

Now there's going to be an increase in people googling "Harlequin Fetus" and getting squicked out, >_<

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
I want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it omgomgomgomg!

Offline DAv

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
It's actually more of a trailer not for a movie but something to grab the attention of a studio in order to make it a movie sadly. It is a great reimagining though. Could do with more Christopher Lambert to be totally honest.

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 03:18:53 AM »
That's actually pretty reassuring, as there's a few things in it I'm not too fussed over... Johny Cage dying, Johny Cage having dark hair, (yes, I'm annoyed at Johny not being a blondy but didn't bat a lash at Baraka being Jamaican :P) and, most worrying of all... Scorpion being the main character.

Scorpion is the Darth Vader of the franchise, the silent, unnerving henchmen who only steps in when the others fail, and when he does, he always lives up to the urban legend that follows him.

In a setting where everyone has a very long, messy backstory and very personal motives, and are all too ready to fly off into William Shatner style monologues, being silent and still being more impressive then them really speaks to Scorpions credit.

I've always seen Mortal Kombat as a soap opera for gamers. Golden Girls is for old women, Sex and the City is for the middle aged women, Pokemon is for the kidlettes, Wrestling is for the guys, and Mortal Kombat is the gamers Golden Girl's.

I like most of what their doing, but I'd rather have Lui Kang as the protagonist... Scorpion needs to be the white eyed, crossed arm guardian who stares you down for two thirds of the movie without a flinch or a grunt.

Offline Stan'

• The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • The Ultimate RP Warrior!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 04:27:25 AM »
I'd rather they didn't have Liu Kang as the main character.  The Asian Martial Artist is such an over-done character.  I think an already-dead Assassin would make things interesting.

But really guys.  There's no point getting worked up about this.  If it gets funded, it won't be anything like this.  And this is an eight minute clip.  I can guarantee you the rest of the film would bomb.  It's happened every time.  A promising trailer, makes you think "Ach, hang on a minute here", then it's completely ruined when they turn it in to a full 90 - 120 minute feature.

So don't get over-excited.  Approach with caution.