Time warp to Samurai era interes check.

Started by Bloody Rose, June 07, 2010, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

Japan, a place where technology rules and they are thought as the wizards of this era. Technology made in Japan is always better than any other technology. The world is run by Japan, and Japan is enjoying the power they have over other places, including united states.

But what happens when there is rumors of a cursed forest. A forest where people died over a great war. Rumors go that whoever end up on that forest are never seen again. They have no idea what really is happen, the forest is a time warp, whoever enters the forest dissappear from this time, nobody remembers them, not even their parents.

What will happen when a tour buss of people get damaged. They end up near the forest. Deciding to get some help they go inside the forest and have no idea what just happened. They been teleported to the times of the Samurai, and now there are no going back. What will happen to these people discover that they are in a time where technology was non existent.

1- No god mod or power play
2- You can be either Samurai or one of the buss people.
3- In real history woman were not supposed to be Samurai's. But in this rp Woman will be able to be Samurai as well.
4-  Don't be insulting to other members, respect each other
5- Please post at least one paragraph, I understand errors so as long as a person understand what you meant is fine by me.
6- I will play the leader of the Samurai and npcs as needed. I will also serve as a ST in this freeform rp.

Name:
Role: (visitant or Samurai)
Personality:
Bio:
Picture: (or description)

luphawk

Interesting idea, I might be willing to give it a go if enough people get in on it (not sure which side I’d play).
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

undisclosedtoyou

I am definitely interested in this game, I do have a few questions though.

1. Do you intend the bus people to be Japanese as well, or is it more of a touristy bus?
2. Will the people going through the time warp be working towards a certain goal together?  Such as finding a way back home, or will they just focus instead on integrating themselves into the time they have been thrust into? 
3. Also how much interaction will said time warpers have with the samurai? 

That should be it for now; I'll have a character drawn up soon.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloody Rose

do you intend the buss people to be Japanese as well, or is it more of a tourist bus? tourist buss. Japanese or otherwise

Will the people going through the time warp be working towards a certain goal together?: up to the players

Also how much interaction will said time warpers have with the samurai? a lot, since they will be captured. (more or less the Last Samurai, where the people learn about the samurai culture)

undisclosedtoyou

Sweet, thanks. 

Also, what time period/era where you thinking for as the setting?  Oh and did you have a specific territory of Japan in mind?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloody Rose

I am not sure yet the era, I need to research more about it. Any suggestions will be heard if you have one. Also is on a kinda made up part in japan, they were on a road to a small and quiet village to rest and the buss broke down on the way besides a forest.

undisclosedtoyou

Well I'm not an expert on the Samurai, but a friend of mine suggested that the Edo Period would work well for this game.  Oooohhh I was just wondering if when they went through the time warp, did they come back out in the same location just in a different time or in another part of Japan.  But I'm all good with a made up location, it means less research for me lmao. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloody Rose

undisclosedtoyou

I hope you don't mind that I changed the layout of your character sheet for my Reon.  Let me know if something needs to be changed to better suit this game.

Reon Kumada

Role: visitant
Personality: Outgoing, friendly, and studious are all words that can describe Reon.  She's usually up to making friends and being polite, up until the point where she can't hold it in anymore and she snaps; she can have quiet a temper on her when provoked.  She knows from experience that she is hard working, and not squeamish about getting her hands dirty, since she's worked her ass off to pay for her own college fee's.  But she's stubborn, and won't take on others work willingly. 

Self conscious, there are times when she thinks that if only one or two things about her could be changed, she'd be happy.  But she'd never really consider going out and changing anything, at least not surgically.  Something she's really embarrassed about is her shoddy Japanese, she's hates that her English is better than her native tongue.

Bio: Born to a large family in Okinawa, she moved to America with her mother when she was four, leaving behind her father, and six brothers.  It wasn't until Reon was 16, when her mother met and remarried a man named Deidrich Peterson, a U.S Navy Admiral, that spoke with a southern accent.  Up until that point, her parents hadn't bothered with an actual divorce, preferring to by pass that and just stay separated.  Deidrich was the one that actually pushed her mother into legally severing her bonds to Japan and the family she had left behind there.  When her mother, and new step father had their own baby, Reon was ecstatic, even if she didn't get a lot of time to spend with him before going of to university. 

When the chance to study abroad came up, she scooped it up and prepared to spend a semester in her homeland.  Everything was going fine until her roommate Miranda talked her into going on a small tour that would take them quiet a ways away from the school they where learning at.  The ride wasn't too bad, or too tedious, until they where forced to stop and look for help.  Who knew that walking into the woods could lead to such a disaster? 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

I hope others get interested in this game, because it really does sound like a fun idea to me.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloody Rose

Drake Valentine

Guns? ;3

I mean, what tourist doesn't 'pack?'

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Muse

*smiles*  Let's see what I can come up with. 

I wonder which one is the Edo period... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Oh, okay, the Edo period is the Tokegawa period! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

So, how will the newcomers interact with the caste system?  Are they automaticly gaijin (outsiders) or eta (non-person citizents with sucky jobs, like janitor, or cool jobs like geisha?)  Or do the mystical properties of the forest give them some chances too intigrate? 

Or is this setting not that historical? 

Bloody Rose

Keijin and is not that historical. And if you have gun when you enter will disappear from you since guns like the new ones did not existed