You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:22:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup  (Read 32619 times)

Offline NicholasTopic starter

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: FIFA World Cup
« Reply #375 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
*snickers* I can so imagine it, Nic! You'll be like a lost puppy: 'GO GERMANY! WAIT! NO! GOOO ENGLAND! WAIT! NO! ;w;'
Something like this!  XD

On the other hand.. one of them WILL go up!

If there are any Aussies reading this -- even though you guys didn't advance, the Socceroos battled like warriors.  You were handed a couple of bullshit red cards and some other unlucky breaks.  You deserve to hold your heads up high.

Ditto for New Zealand.
+1

Offline Izu

« Reply #376 on: June 24, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
xD

But before that! Cameroon x Holland :3

Offline Izu

« Reply #377 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:26 PM »
*blinks* Oh... they're gonna air Denmark x Japan...
Well.. GOOO JAPAN!

Offline Ridcully

« Reply #378 on: June 24, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
Ehm, here, Australia: The first match vs. Germany was horrible, and the red card for Cahill was after the standing of 2-0 for Germany. Good morale though to come back like this versus Ghana and Serbia. Have a nice summer, Vidic!

But New Zealand - KUDOS on all levels. Also, KUDOS to Slovakia. To win against Italy with guys like Vittek is just a great achievement to be proud of.

Denmark - Japan. Only during a World Cup, a match like this could be interesting ^^

Offline Remiel

« Reply #379 on: June 24, 2010, 01:32:58 PM »
Ehm, here, Australia: The first match vs. Germany was horrible,..

Come on, it's Germany, what do you expect?   It's like North Korea vs. Brazil: you're only surprised because you were expecting it to be more of a massacre than it was.

Offline Ridcully

« Reply #380 on: June 24, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
Come on, it's Germany, what do you expect?   It's like North Korea vs. Brazil: you're only surprised because you were expecting it to be more of a massacre than it was.

Not at all! Australia made it to the round of 16 in the World Cup 2006. There, they lost to Italy with 1-0 in the last minute, because Luca Toni made a diver. Australia was better than Italy in the match. Germany had a whole lot of respect for Australia, and we expected it to come out as a 1-0 or 2-1.

*EDIT* Mental note: Avoid freekicks against Japan.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:01:24 PM by Ridcully »

Offline Izu

« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
NIPPON! NIPPON! NIPPON!

Offline Phobetor

« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »
Can I just say...that Honda's kick was...PHENOMENAL!!! That was a beautiful kick! And so was the second goal!!!

Offline Izu

« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
And Endo's too!!! I bet they've been practicing like crazy to aim at the high far corner above the wall. :3 I love Japan <3

Offline Kitsunetsuki

• ~I am the yummy pie~ <3
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • cute little heartbreaker sweet little lovemaker
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
I realize this is slightly OT for this thread, but a friend sent me this link earlier and...well, I just had to share!

The Non-Football Fan's Guide to the World Cup or What to do When You're Just Here for the Hot Men

Holy Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....My brain stopped functioning by the time I got to Group C...

My only complaint is the inclusion of Arne Friedrich...NOT because he isn't hot...oh, he's hot...but he also disturbingly looks a lot like my dad (when he was young, of course)...damn German heritage! lol

Oh, and they could've included the entire Spanish line up, imho...but I'm happy w/their choices ;)

In the end, can I just say...Carlos Bocanegra *faints, then melts into a puddle of lust*

Ok, ok, back to the serious futebol talk now ;) hehehe...

Offline Lord Drake

« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »
Italy ended up bottom of their group?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm beginning to think there is a God after all, or at least one with a highly developed sense of humor.

Thanks. I love you too.

;D

What can I say... we deserved to lose. Lippi did all the wrong choices and Montolivo (our last hope) played a really crappy game.

Deserved loss, nothing to add.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Sorry, Drake.  It's just that the Italians are known for being notorious divers, which is the same reason I hate Ronaldo. 

I know everybody does it these days, but still.  There's winning, and then there's winning with honor.

Offline Lord Drake

« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2010, 06:07:38 PM »
I beg to differ, but this kind of discussion is a bit complex so better avoid it... and anyway, as I said, the loss is more than earned in this case.

* Lord Drake scuttles away from the thread.

Offline Kitsunetsuki

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
* Lord Drake scuttles away from the thread.
* Kit drags Drake back, since he's better looking than any of the soccer players previously mentioned
;D

It was a bit of a shock to see them go, but yes, their game play was not up to par...It happens...Looking forward to this next round of play :D

Offline Stan'

• The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • The Ultimate RP Warrior!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Sorry, Drake.  It's just that the Italians are known for being notorious divers, which is the same reason I hate Ronaldo. 

I know everybody does it these days, but still.  There's winning, and then there's winning with honor.
I beg to differ, but this kind of discussion is a bit complex so better avoid it... and anyway, as I said, the loss is more than earned in this case.

You're saying the Italians aren't known for diving?  I think everyone in this thread can give many, many examples.

Offline Phobetor

« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
The Non-Football Fan's Guide to the World Cup or What to do When You're Just Here for the Hot Men

Holy Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....My brain stopped functioning by the time I got to Group C...
In the end, can I just say...Carlos Bocanegra *faints, then melts into a puddle of lust*

Um. First off. I <3 you for posting that link.
And two: on Bocanegra: +1. Seriously. lol

Offline Pixilicious

« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »
Um. First off. I <3 you for posting that link.
And two: on Bocanegra: +1. Seriously. lol

EWWWW!  If we're talking hot men, can we talk we talk about the Spainards, please?  Or the Brits?  Hell even some of those Slovenians...

Offline Phobetor

« Reply #392 on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:30 AM »

EWWWW!  If we're talking hot men, can we talk we talk about the Spainards, please?  Or the Brits?  Hell even some of those Slovenians...

I don't see myself going over there anytime soon. Lol And Bocanegra is from the US! So...Bocanegra it is.

GAH! I cannot wait for the Portugal vs Brazil game!!!! Even though Kaka is out =/ But it's okay cause Maicon is still there! And he's magical when he plays! :D

Offline Ridcully

« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2010, 08:18:09 AM »
Don't expect too much. A draw is well enough for both teams, and Brazil will test one or two things. I fear it's not going to be magical.

2 days till penalty shootout.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
Tiago carded for taking a dive.  I think Portugal is the new Italy.  :D

Go Brazil!

Offline Phobetor

« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »
Buh. Why am I even surprised that they ended in a draw? Both of them already had it easy. Ivory Coast did bad ass, though. Good for them going out with a bang. =)

Offline Kitsunetsuki

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »
Don't expect too much. A draw is well enough for both teams, and Brazil will test one or two things. I fear it's not going to be magical.
And it wasn't...magical, that is...but it was a good game & I think both teams are more than happy with the draw.

Personally, I had no expectations for this game, so I know I'm happy ;D Of course, now I'm curious to see who Brazil will play next!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:34:17 AM by Kit »

Offline Remiel

« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
Spain better win if they hope to advance...

Offline Ridcully

« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
I cross my fingers for Switzerland. Ottmar Hitzfeld! Go go go!

Offline Remiel

« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »
Those four people who voted for Italy to win the whole thing must be feeling pretty silly right about now.