A much needed explanation

Started by Lilac, April 28, 2005, 02:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilac

So there are two kinds of people coming here.  People that were invited and people that came from one of my games on rpol.  Both need some introduction, so let me explain the nature of this forum to the visitors from RPoL first.

These styles of forums are geared less towards roleplaying and more towards community building.  People come here to chat about whatever they feel like within the rules, with a general focus on what the forum is about.  This forum happens to be about 'Adult Roleplaying' and works likewise ^_^  The moderators on rpol have asked if other games in the situation I had may be diverted here, and I agreed - it's really the only way to keep a good supply of fresh blood, anyway.  I want to make this site a haven for people who want to roleplay out adult situations of varying degrees.  And, of course, general roleplaying is allowed as well.

For those who have come from elsewhere and not heard the story of what happenned, here it is.

Over the past year and some I have been running a couple of adult games on Role-Play On-Line, with a largely nonconsentual focus and a generally freeform style.  This was fine for awhile - a lot of these games were on rpol - but then someone did something stupid.

In the Player's Wanted forum, someone decided to advertise for a female player to play a daughter of his character, who would rape her.

This did not go over well.

In response to this, rpol built an adult games policy prohibiting such things and other depictions of illegal acts.  The wording about rape was slightly vague, so I merely tightened a few loose rules and let things be.

Apparantly the games did indeed fall outside the rules, and eventually someone chose to complain.  I have no idea who, nor do I particularly care, but the message was "Please remove the unsavory content in order to continue your games' activity on rpol".  As much of a focus as they had, that just wasn't possible.

The moderators there have been gracious enough to give us the time we need to let players know of the move, and to archive the several megabytes of posting activity that went on over there.

BlackWombat

I might be the only new one here, might not be alone in being confused, or just plane dull. But I have a question.

Where do we post? The log locations spesify places, but they're already quite busy and long and then you might get more than one location going at once. But they seem spesific enough that those seem 'Yes, these are the locations'.

So... Do we post in a existing, or new, thread?
I think we're going somewhere, we're onto something good here.

Lilac

In rpol, players couldn't make their own threads, so...  things will be awkward on both sides as people get used to eachother.

I've left Prodigy and Dreamshard in charge of Maiden and Monsters, for instance.  So they set the rules (be easy on them ^_^)  -

Basically, I figure you can just ask one of them to move your deleted thread (posts don't get 'deleted', they get moved to a hidden forum - it bites to lose posts in accidents) back into one of the subforums.

shadai

so since some of us Rpolers are here (I am not sure if I was in one of your games or vice versa...) but how do i find the games in here? just trying to figure this place out. :)

Shadai

Hunter

Games tend to be filed by type.  Usually the "ordinary" (is any erotic roleplay really ordinary?  ;) ) comes under "Light", which is consentual and fairly vanilla.  "Heavy" covers bondage, rape, tentacles, and that sort of thing.   :-X