You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 05:54:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: LFG (New to Shadowrun)  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Ryuka TanaTopic starter

LFG (New to Shadowrun)
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »
"I have been really wanting to get into a system other than DnD, for some reason, and I love modern fantasy. Since I can't stand the tweaks to nWoD, and oWoD is just too disorganized for my tastes (I'm really OCD about that sort of thing). I decided to try something with fewer books, but I have no interest in GMing."

"I don't mind being the person who organizes the forums, I enjoy doing that a lot as well. So I can work with a GM to get things organized and stuff, if someone is willing to run the game, and of course, there are people to play."

"I am a very experienced RPer, with at least 8 years (I'm bad at remembering time, it could be 10 or 12 even) of DnD under my belt and having run at least 10 campaigns (3 of which I was able to complete) in a myriad of settings. I will not be a slow learner, but a little nudge of help here and there would be nice."

Offline Latooni Subota

Re: LFG (New to Shadowrun)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:14 PM »
Expanding out and learning new systems is always fun. I wouldn't mind helping to round out your group, if you find a GM. I have moderate experience with Shadowrun (I assume 4th Edition?) and tend to play Fixers/Technomancers/etc. Technology is cool. :)

I'd suggest a Street Samurai or Special Ops type of character for your first if you want to get into the meat and potatoes of the system without too many extra rules. I find that playing a Mage leads a bit too much worry over physical things, managing your magic, and the occasional random spirit trying to eat you. :3

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
"I like to be complex, I don't mind complicating my character, if it makes a character I want to play, even if I'm a beginner. I'll learn quickly, it just helps to be pointed in the right direction. Either way, it's good to have someone else on board."

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 03:43:52 AM »
"As is my usual, I won't technically be around for the weekend, so drop a line if you're interested."

Offline Chazy

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
Is this Shadowrun game moving and is it 4th Ed?? I hope so. Been looking for a Shadowrun game that won't die on me.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:20:43 AM »
"Haven't seen a good a deal of interest, but I'll still play if I have time, someone to help teach me, and a GM. The former shouldn't be a problem, but I have found myself visiting Elliquiy less recently."

Offline Brandon

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 02:47:47 AM »
I havnt played shadowrun in a very long time and never acctually got to play 4th edition (let alone read the whole book) but consider me interested, but just as a player

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »
I like SR4E a great deal, but haven't had the benefit of actually getting to play it.  If anyone shows up to GM and looks sufficiently sharp, I'll be very interested.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
*smiles* 

I would love too play, but the only way I could hope to GM another Shadowrun game right now is if I could find an Earthdawn GM too run where Aeval and I could play. 

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »
And I've certainly got plenty of Shadowrun characters just laying around on my computer that I would love to get the chance to play some time, but I'm afraid I can't really do the GM thing either, myself. ^^;

Offline Hunter

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
I can GM 3rd (I won't touch 4th) if people don't mind home brew campaign.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
"I continuously wane in my desire to look at system stuff, because a lot of it is overcomplex and restricting. If a 3E Shadowrun were to be played, I'd need a mentor willing to teach me everything from the ground up."

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »
I can GM 3rd (I won't touch 4th) if people don't mind home brew campaign.

Sadly, the time I played 3rd has completely turned me off the game.  I totally get system-loyalty on the part of those who became attached to the earlier versions, but 4th is sufficiently cleaner, and the technology (to me) more interesting, that I just can't see myself going through the effort to relearn 3rd.

There are things in 4E that need house-ruling out...some of the social-bonus granting items are pretty absurd.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »
No problem.  Just offering.

Offline Chazy

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »
I aggree. The earlier versions of Shadowrun was way to complex. I like 4th better. It is alot cleaner and more interesting to play. Especially the new character archtype: Technomancers.