28 Days Later/Resident Evil/Forbidden Siren Hybrid

Started by Stan', May 27, 2010, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Quote from: Stan' on June 01, 2010, 08:05:50 AM
Intro post will be up in the next few days.  New players can join when they like, using the old excuse of bringing a background NPC in to the main character role.

P.S.

Has anyone watched John Carpenter's The Thing?  Or even played the game?

Yes... and hell yes. Loved them both and the second is best played in the dark.... with full surround sound. :D the Same can be said for any Aliens based game, Like Alien Ressurection.

Michael Corvus

This sounds like my kind of game. If there is room for more I'll throw together a character profile. If not, good luck and have fun everyone!  8-)
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Stan'

Michael Corvus

If the game is in a cold war setting, shouldn't we all choose cold war era weapons for our characters or is that of no concern?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Stan'

It's the 1990s.  Regardless if the Cold War was still going or not, the weapons would still be moreorless the same.

Yes, you can play a zombie.

There are going to be two types of common enemies.

The standard zombies, that are roaming the halls and posing danger to the crew.

And what I like to call "burst-out" zombies, which are inspired by The Thing.  These zombies pretend to be normal human beings that are in need of help, then when they manage to gain the group's trust or isolate a couple of people, they suddenly become a zombie, using surprise to their advantage.

Stan'

Name: Danny "Morris" Anderson
Origin: "Nowhere", Scotland

Affiliation: Clyde Engineering Team
Role: Engineer
Weapon(s): M9 Handgun

Things to Know: Morris has a long history with the underwater base on top of the submarine.  The main design came from Caledonian University in Glasgow, and a large majority of the important parts were constructed at the shipyards along the Clyde, where he was employed.  And when it was transported to the wreck, he went along with it.  Here, Morris was voluntarily assigned as an Engineer to maintain certain elements of the radiation, to prevent it from spilling.  Having transferred himself out days before the accident, he returns as the only person with first-hand knowledge of how things work down there, and whereabouts to go.  The only question is: was it a coincidence that his departure and the radiation spill happened around the same time?

In homage to the classic... just had to use him.

Stan'

sinoraa

Im gonna have to pull out of this one, but I wish you all a good time.

Stan'

Alright.  The opening post is up.  Check the link in the first message.

The Moon Pool is the starting location, although if you'd like to write a little bit about what your character was doing during the Briefing/Fishing Ship, you can.  For the next couple of posts, we'll just be getting all the shit together.  So fire away.  And for the Briefing segment, interaction and control with the Government Official is allowed.  So if you want to have your character talk with him, or have him explain your character's role to the others, then you're more than welcome.

Paladin

I guess since Stan posted a Lieutenant, that my guy is not needed. Let me know if this is true and I shall gracefully bow out.

Dashenka

One small thing,

I think my character should be in the research team not the Special Forces. Although she can fight and all, she is deployed there by the US Marine life institute to research the impact of the sub on the wildlife. That is her cover. I will be posting today... hopefully.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Stan'

Stan'

And Paladin.  You can still have a Lieutenant.  I imagined that they'd be split up in to teams, similar to "Alpha" and "Bravo" set-ups.  Mine's can be Bravo Team's leader, I don't mind.  I just wasn't sure if you were still playing, because your character is incomplete.

Paladin

Quote from: Stan' on June 05, 2010, 07:11:04 AM
And Paladin.  You can still have a Lieutenant.  I imagined that they'd be split up in to teams, similar to "Alpha" and "Bravo" set-ups.  Mine's can be Bravo Team's leader, I don't mind.  I just wasn't sure if you were still playing, because your character is incomplete.

My life is very rough right now. I have a summer job at a plastics factory and they work me 3rd shift EVERY DAY. I have yet to have a day off so While I'm not completely out of it I AM SLOW. Please bear with me. I'll finish him sometime within the next 3 days.

Kotah

The zombie Menace!

WOOT!!

I'll prolly be add/subtracting from this as I get more warmed up. If you have any ideas, shoot me a page.

I'm arranging the zombies into a kind of hive, think like bee's. I'll pic up pictures and the like as I can find them.

Hive leaders:  There are various 'heads' of the hive. The main one I am going to play as my 'main' char:

Name: Zhari
Image:
Breed: Mix

Abilities:
Night vision
Heightened intelligence (affects her ability to use a fire arm, and such)
Flexible
Berserker
Stealth
Infectious

Some "breeds" of the zombies:

Plant Zombies (leafers)-- Members of the Engineering Station that worked closely with the plants in the west wing.  These monsters have adapted to the environment, and are discolored as well as being more stealthy than other creatures... hiding in the overgrowth to attack their victims by surprise

Abilities:
Stealth
Ranged weapons (throwing things)
Use of poisons
Night vision

Appearance: Greenish skin, very thing almost bony looking. Elongated limbs. Stand an average of 6ft m/f

Albino Zombies (blinds)-- These were the lower level engineers. They worked the closest with the reactor, and were sealed off. They escaped in recent years, clawing their way out of the bowels of the ship. The have evolved like cave animals due to the lack of lighting. They are blind.

Abilities:
Ultrasound hearing (they make sharp screeching noises)
Claws for hands
Most volatile (attack everything, even each other)
Berserker

Appearance: Colorless, many are bald. No eyes on their faces. Claws. very pale, elongated almost 'lizard' look to their bodies. They move very serpent like.

'Human Zombies' (bombers)- They look like normal people, the least affected by the radiation. They are most like humans, and will be the ones 'infiltrating' the group, and attacking. The seem like normal people, except the eat each other.

Abilities:
Weapon use
Con- artists
berserker
sharp teeth
-Infectious- (if they bite you, you go crazy after a period of incubation. Causes extreme rage.)
These are the base for most of the mixed breeds of zombies. The only type to have sex with other "breeds". Normally by force.

Appearance: They look just like you!

Let me think more, and I will add more "breeds".

Also note that these can inter-breed, and there are "zombie young".
Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

LIAR

>_>

Is this dead or am I missing something important?

Kotah

I do belive people are supposed to be poseing in...

Paladin

Ok, I am going to finish my guy tonight... right after I get noms.

Paladin

Actually I'm sorry I made you guys wait. Just do this thing without me. Much as I want to play, my life is saying no to me being able to do that.

Drake Valentine

I'm tempted, if there is still room of course.

But alas, I must head to work at moment, so any questions will be saved till I get back if there are some spots still around.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Stan'

I don't really see the point in folk posting up characters, then just going dark.

Kotah

I don't either. I thought I would wait for some of the /people/ to pose in before I started doing the Zombie thing.

Zillah

Wow ... I guess I missed the notification that this RP had started! :( My apologies!

I'll try to get something posted later today on the main RP thread.

-Z