Alright, here's a character for ye.Oren
The man the adventurers will meet will probably catch their attention right away, as it appears they're seeing a wood elf actually having a good time outside of the woods. Not only that, but he's a handsome swashbuckling womanizing boozehound. His name is Oren, and his mother was indeed a wood elf. His biological father however wasn't the fellow wood elf she was forced to marry but a satyr. A local church rising to power frowned on this and tried to use threats and local laws to enforce their narrow views of family on the surrounding populations including the wood elves.
From this Oren would begin his career as a Paladin of sorts. A Paladin of Freedom, by reputation at least, Oren battles oppression in all of it's forms and by this time is famous as a defender of the liberty of oppressed people's everywhere- if these tales are closely followed by stories of his womanizing, drinking, and partying.
Oren is almost the definition of Chaotic Good. His code of conduct only says "do not harm, and to the best of your ability do nothing to violate the freedom of others- save if not acting would violate freedom worse". While technically a wood elf - satyr hybrid, called a Piper, this appears to only express itself as an inability to father children, much to relief of the populations around him. His life he views as a great adventure, and he'll be the first with a quip, a smirk, and a dashing act of daring-do.Special Item
- The Piper's Pipes [Willing to adapt this as I have little idea what I'm doing
When it was discovered that Oren was the product of of his mother cheating on her arranged husband with a Satyr, the local church did what it could to make life miserable for her, her friends, and Oren. To the point where the local village of wood elves would come to side with her against the church- at their peril. Not all hope was lost however, with the return of Oren's biological father. The Satyr revealed that while he was gone more often then he was there he did in fact care deeply for his son- it was just a fault of the nature of a Satyr that he would wander off. He wanted to stay, but just couldn't hold his attention in one place long enough.
It was through this meeting that Oren would learn his legacy, that of the Piper. As the offspring of an elf and a satyr there was magic in his blood- magic that just needed the proper focus. Expressed as music and armed with the pipes, his career as a self described "Paladin of Freedom" would begin.
The Piper's Pipes appear to be standard Pan Pipes made of a light wood and are lacquered for a polished appearance. Like most magical items they are more durable then their mundane counterparts. On the front of the largest of the pipes is a small symbol like stylized ram horns. The Piper's Pipes have the following magical properties, activated by mental command of the performer. If the performer is a Piper, add the Piper's Charisma Modifier to all Save DCs. In the hands of a Piper the pipes also give the Piper's charisma bonus to all Perform (Wind) checks.
- All creatures with 6 or less HD within 30 feet must make a Will Save DC 13 or be frightened for 4 rounds. This ability can only be used twice per day and if the performer fails a Performance (Wind) check DC 15 the effect automatically fails.
- All creatures within 30 feet must make a DC 14 Will Save or be fascinated by the sound. As soon as the playing stops, these affected creatures become hypersensitive to sound. Unless the surrounding area is completely silent all affected creatures then take 1d4 damage for 2d4 rounds, damage form other sonic attacks is doubled, and after the character stops taking damage they become shaken at the least bit of noise. This effect is considered a curse. If the performer fails a Performance (Wind) check DC 15 this effect automatically fails. This ability can only be used once per day.
- With a DC 10 Perform (Wind) check the Piper may attract all rats within 400 feet up to the equivalent of 1d3 rat swarms. If the rats have to travel more then 50 feet there is a 1 round delay per 50 feet. Upon entering 50 feet of the performer the rats will obey telepathic commands as long as the performer continues to play. If the performer stops the rats leave and if he fails the check the rats turn on the performer. The performer may reassert control with a Perform (Wind) DC 15. If the rats are under the control of another creature, that creature's HD is added to the Perform Check DC and a check is made every round.
- A performer with ranks in the Preform (Wind) skill can, in effect, cast Ghost Sounds at will as a second level caster.
- After each 10 minutes of playing for the same audience, the performer may make a Perform (Wind) check DC 14. If successful the performer may work in one Suggestion effect as the spell. Will Save 14 negates, and if the save is made the creature is immune for 24 hours.
Cost: 24,000 GP. Aura: Moderate Enchantment.