You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
January 16, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Werewolves: New Blood  (Read 15198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Werewolves: New Blood
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »

The little village of Carter's Crossing was newly settled -- or newly resettled, to be precise.  It had stood empty for a generation or more, amid rumors that the forested hills around the little group of houses were haunted.  Not by any ghosts, but by humans -- humans touched by the ancient curse of lycanthropy.  Friends and loved ones by day, by night they became these terrible creatures, able to slay anyone in the blink of an eye.

Of course such things are impossible.  Or are they...?


The Players:

  • Aiden
  • Albedo
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • ScorpioQueen
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi





This image can be used as a link to the game in signatures!  Just select the code and paste it in.  Change floatright to floatleft if you prefer.  :)



Code: [Select]
[floatright][url=http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=70040.0][img]http://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c8/Wolf.png[/img][/url][/floatright]
*photo copyright 1996, David Miller
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:21:58 PM by Valerian »

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
OOC: Feel free to roleplay a little and settle into your new homes.  The killing will commence shortly.  *cue maniacal laugh*

For the record, there are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Have fun!

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
Beguile took the kettle and poured water into the teapot over the bag of loose herbs and tea and covered the pot to let the brew steep.  Later she took a cup of tea to the window and looked out at the rest of the little enclave.  The place was pretty in the daylight she admitted to herself.  It was only when night fell that an air of fear and danger permeated the very air. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:14:17 AM by Beguile's Mistress »

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
Xandi woke early and went about her morning duties. She kept looking out her door and windows for the man she had a secret crush on. She was waiting for him to walk by her little cottage on his way into the town square. Xandi had decided that she would invite him in for coffee and muffins. Spending a night in this lonely cabin by herself made her realize she would be more than happy to have a big strong man around to protect her.


Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »
Imogen enjoyed a cup of tea seated on the small, wooden bench in front of her cottage. A small group of chickens flocked nearby, picking at fresh yellow corn strewn over the grass carpet. Behind the cottage the clean laundry fluttered in the wind, suspended on wooden clothespins from lines that spanned a tinyl vegetable garden. A basket of freshly picket berries occupied the empty seat beside her, ready to be used for jams or preserves.. or just to eat. She loved the small enclave, and had been thankful for the inspiration that had her pack her belongings and find Shangri-La in Carter's Crossing. If not for the rumors of dangers stalking the night, she would have been perfectly happy, she thought, as she waved across the adjoining gardens to her neighbour, Beguile's Mistress when she spotted her by the window.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:30:50 AM »
The Retired General Lucius step out of his bench, he breath the fresh air of the morning and begin to walk around the town, he is happy , as when he left the army after ten years of service , he can now live in peace in the old town of his ancestors , he has arrive to the town short time ago, so he still look to all the people, really happy of this quiet village, of his lovely people, of the woman, one of the he would love to know much more.

His feet guide him in his usual walk, so soon his walking toward the town square, looking through the windows in an attempt of see her.

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
Xandi sees her secret crush walking along the roadway and dashes out her little cottage to stop him. (straightening her dress) she Say, * General, Oh General I was wondering if I might have a word with you? I have some coffee and muffins inside if you would care to join me.*

She motions the way to enter her small cottage where she had a place setting for two.

As she walks back toward her cottage she hopes the General does not think her to brazen. She speaks softly *I am a little afraid at night. I have heard all the horrible stories about this place.* shaking slightly as she remembers the story one of the other villagers told her.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
As he look through the window of HER house, she suddenly runs toward him, he stop and smile to her, he can't trust his luck, he always has been lucky in war, and seems that his luck is with him in peace, days of planning how to get closed to her and now she step out to speak with him

"oh my dame, but of course, i will be deleighted of speak with you, the coffee will be a pleasure , indeed"

he follow her toward her place and heard then, moved for her words "oh don't worry , my dame, .."His hands hold her pretty hand, slow caressing it, reassuring her "... there is nothing to worry about, and if there is any danger to the town, i still have my old sword in my bench"

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
As the general takes her hand to comfort her she smiles and invites him inside her little cottage.

She offers him a seat and sits down as well. As she pours the coffee she ask him shyly , "have you found an appropriate place to lodge yet? If not I have a spare room I would Gladly share with you. In fact I would be honored to have such a strong man around during the long lonely nights. I would feel much safer.*

She stops herself before she throws herself on the table and offers him herself as well.

Blushing she quietly hands him a muffin

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
Remiel had his own tiny cottage, set up at the periphery of the village.  His was not nearly so neat and well-kept as either Imogen's or Beguile's abodes; the thatch was untended, the hedges overgrown.  The reason for this was that he had not come to Carter's Crossing to settle and tend a homestead, as many others had; no, he had come for a singular purpose.  For Remiel was a scholar, and a keeper of lore; he had heard rumours and reports of a strange curse manifest in the surrounding countryside.  Frightened and panicked eyewitness accounts told of fearsome beasts in human form, able to walk the lands in disguise by day, but which reverted to their terrible lupine forms under the ghostly light of a waxing moon.  He had come to Carter's Crossing to research and observe this phenomena, and either put the myth to bed or discover some actual physical evidence of it.

The village contained some familiar faces, some whom he had seen before, in his various worldly travels; but there were also some new faces as well, strangers that he had not yet met.  The inside of his cottage was filled with books, queer and curious laboratory equipment, and tools of a mysterious nature, taking up all available surface space: tabletops, bookcase shelves, the floor, even part of his bed was taken up by dusty tomes of strange and mysterious lore.  He blew the dust off of a leather-bound volume entitled Maleficarum: Ars Lycanthropos, and gingerly turned the time-worn pages, reading voraciously, his glasses gleaming with the reflection of the tiny candle's flame.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
After finishing her tea and tidying her house Beguile collected a basket and a small pair of scissors.  She left her cottage and began walking along the road searching for the herbs and roots, the barks and berries, the ingredients she used to concoct the various ointments, salves and medicines she kept on hand.  Many of the herbs would find their way into sachets for a lady's pocket.  There were also many flowers to be found, that when dried would fill other packets made of silk to be put between sheets in linen closets and the like.  Of course, she kept a sharp eye out for particular items that would be more beneficial to herself and the people in the village come nightfall and the rising of the moon.

Her search over, she found herself quite a way from her home and with the sun high in the sky she began her steady walk back toward the small enclave to arrive well before the setting of the sun.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:22:00 AM by Beguile's Mistress »

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
Ryven set the first of his confectionery goods out to cool after a long morning before his brick oven.  Tarts, cookies, breads, and more all lined the tables and shelves beside the window where the breeze carried the aroma of his concoctions out into the village streets.  The others could be heard stirring, and he wondered if anything had gone amiss in the evening before.  There had been rumors of unnatural beasts which lurked near their new beloved village, but were they true?

He idly thought to himself while plucking a muffin from a nearby shelf and beginning to devour it slowly.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »
Aiden had been a new arrival to the town, leaving him the poorest choices of dilapidated homes to choose from. Seeing it as an opportunity to test his abilities of his trade he spent the days shoveling and bringing in clay to form into bricks. The work was strenuous and backbreaking but it would pay off with a sturdy home that would last longer than thatch and reed homes. As he walked down the main road with his work horse pulling a cart full of clay filled baskets, he waved at those he passed with a smile.

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
Albedo is the town hunter gatherer, catching food so he can help feed this small developing town. He usually does most of my hunting early in the morning, and can be found dragging a deer carcass from the woods to his small shop to prepare the meat for everyone to eat. It's a pretty nasty job, but people do need their meat. He used to go hunting at night to catch nocturnal animals, but after finding some deer with their throats bitten out he realized that there might be a wolve infestation in the woods, so he decided to play it safe and hunt in the early morning. Meat can be found daily at his shack everyday for a small price of course.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
Softly Moirae hummed as she diligently tended her herb and flower garden, pleased with what progress she'd been able to make since settling in the town with the majority of others.  Her cottage was small though room enough for two, each window and open ground space used to appeal to her green thumb; the spare room she used to house lotions and perfumes, all of the ingredients naturally coming from the vast gardens.  Well, they would -- once the gardens really began to flourish. 

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »
The strange, grimy little man dug determinedly in the tough, sun-baked earth of his fields at the edge of town. A full four acres of hard, unrelenting dirt, and he did it all by himself, refusing every offer of aid. And then there were the potatoes. Though just now beginning to become individually recognizable, it had been clear since the beginning of the season that he had at least fifteen different sorts of potatoes scattered madly in dozens of tiny patches between the long, orderly rows of peas, wheat, oats carrots and cabbages. He even called himself "Potato" when asked!

He did not head back to his crudely constructed wooden hut until the sun had started to dip towards the horizon, having reached some private goal for the day's work. The small shack was somewhat separated from the rest of the huddled mass of buildings, and he had made no secret of the fact that he planned to build a large house out of stone or brick as soon as a mason arrived in town. He made it back just a half-hour before the sun was down, and, seeing the bricks laid out to dry, he attempted to seek out the man responsible.

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
If the other dwellings were cottages, the Lord’s house was a true Manor. Built on the hill overlooking the village, the Lord’s Manor was built of stone, and surrounded by modest land holdings. The home was two levels, and an open, pillared portico overlooked both the village and the sweeping bend in the river below. The Lord Mayerling was well-known in the village as a gracious, generous man whose form cut a most elegant masculine silhouette when he topped a horse. Lord Mayerling frequented the village often most days, always on the back on one of his many horses. He cared about the village and its denizens. He did not consider himself morally superior to them, though he did wish to protect them from the evil night. He scoffed at the rumors that the village was haunted, yet he could offer no explanation for the various mysterious occurrences he had heard from the village, and experienced within his own home.

Boots and saber polished, Mayerling rose atop his mount and began dressage down the slope from the Manor into the village on a horse of flawless dark brown. He wore a ridiculous cockaded hat with red and gold feather, unquestionably signaling his arrival in town. He lifted his hat to all he greeted, smiling and gracious, lover of this perfect little village.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
Coming out from round the back of the crude hut were the exhausted man had washed up before he fix supper for the night, he noticed the local farmer approaching as the sun began to set.
"What can I do for ya Tup?"
The mason and brick maker had only met the towns folk at the last town meeting and had yet to establish any true connections and friendships. A friendly smiled crossed his face as he pulled up a barrel turned into a chair for them to sit and enjoy the cooling day.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
After shaking Aiden's hand politely, Potato gestured for the man to sit, and remained standing (if his odd, hunched posture could truly be called such). "I have need ... or desire to have, anyway, a house built. Those bricks are yours, yes? I would like to make a deal with you, if such could be arranged," the funny little man explained quickly. "This place appears more dangerous than it seemed when I arrived, and I think that a bit stronger ... fortifications, shall we say, might be useful."

He paused for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing his face, and then added, "And I realize that you are likely not wanting for most of what I could supply, but I think that we can come to some sort of agreement."

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »
Various folk were out and about as Beguile entered the town center with her basket over her arm.  Most of them were little more than strangers to her but she had a friendly smile and greeting for any who wished to spend a moment getting acquainted.

The jingle of harnes and bridle caught her attention and she look up to see Lord Mayerling approaching on his magnificient steed.  He was somewhat outlandish she thought but gracious in his attentions as he tipped his hat and smiled to all he encountered.  Beguile stopped a short distance from the farmer and his companion to watch the horse and rider approach.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 01:39:11 AM »
As the general takes her hand to comfort her she smiles and invites him inside her little cottage.

She offers him a seat and sits down as well. As she pours the coffee she ask him shyly , "have you found an appropriate place to lodge yet? If not I have a spare room I would Gladly share with you. In fact I would be honored to have such a strong man around during the long lonely nights. I would feel much safer.*

She stops herself before she throws herself on the table and offers him herself as well.

Blushing she quietly hands him a muffin


Holding her har, he take her hands to his mouth and soft kiss her " oh don't worry my lovely, i m sure that there is no danger at all.." he blushes a little thinking about her offer "true is that i have decorated my own bench , and i don't want that the all the town begin gossip about us"  he stand up, her hands in his own hands, and leaning kiss her cheeck "if you really need it, i would be more than happy in sleep here with you " he tell her, really hoping that his cheek don't goes to red, he was always so shy with beatiful woman like her.

"i better move to the town square, i need to check the news of the town... did you mind if i.... if i came i little later, i would love to see you soon"

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 05:18:33 AM »
Xandi thought it was a good idea to go into the town square to meet everyone anyway. She spoke up and said, "Do you mind if I walk with you. I would love to buy some meat and fresh herbs and maybe some bread in town if there is anything left."

She slipped her sweater around her shoulders and walked behind the General as he walked toward town. The first shop she saw was Albedo hunters shack. Xandi walked up and yelled out *Kind Sir Kind Sir* and when she saw the man walk out she gasp but then remembered she probably had interupted him butchering an animal. *Sir I was wondering if you have a 2 or 3 pound roast I could buy from you this fine morning? *

As she waited for his answer she watched as the General continued down into the town.

Next she would visit the potato man. His cottage was just across the way a bit but she saw him at the masons house so she walked over to where he stood and said, *Hello Gentlemen, I was wondering Mr. Potato if you have any fingerlings ready to sell? I would love a couple of pounds if they are available.*

While he answered her she watched as The General Disappeared down into the towns center. She sighed slightly and the ask the men if they new where she could buy some fresh Herbs?

Once her Business was complete she walked closer into town and the smell of fresh baked bread floated out of Ryven's cottage where he was sure to have the most delicious breads and pies and cakes. She walked her way to his place and knock slightly saying, "Ryven are you home, I was hoping to purchase some of your wonderful baked goods? " She had decided to buy a nice crusty loaf of bread an a pretty pie for dinner so she could invite the General over.

After Xandi had collected all she needed in town she headed back toward her cottage with just one more stop to make. She would stop off at Moirae's cottage to see if she could buy some Rosemary and Thyme from her.  She knocked on the door lightly and ask out  *Miss Moirae are you home my dear? I have come to see if you have the herbs I am looking for.* After her business was complete with the other villagers and she had introduced herself to as many as possible Xandi headed back to her little cottage.

Xandi place her items in the chest for safe keeping. She went out into her back yard to pick a few vegtables for the evening meal. Once all was well on it was to being prepared for the evening meal Xandi relaxed on her front porch in her rocking chair, drinking iced tea. As she sat relaxing she saw Lord Mayerling riding his horse her way. She stood and as he tipped his hat she curtsied and said "nice day don't you think Lord Mayerling. If you would care for some tea I have made some fresh."

She lifted her glass for him to see just in case he could not hear what she said up on that horse.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
Said potato man gave Xandi a polite, if somewhat crooked smile and nodded at her. "I do have a first batch, or should by tomorrow, anyway. I have some other vegetables that I could offer you now, but I don't have any fingerlings ready, yet. I'll do my best to remember, but remind me later and I'll be sure that I get them out of the ground for you."

His piece said, he waved politely at her as she walked off and then turned his attention back to the mason. "Nice girl, isn't she?" he mused idly, partially to Aiden, but mostly to the world at large.

Offline Esoteric Myobi

  • ~:|| Teasing Seductress ♡ Lil Chipmunk ♡ Saffron's Rabid Fairy ||:~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Location: Tease me, please me, bind me, then take me~
  • Gender: Female
  • Let go of your inhibitions...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 15
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »
Myobi could be found along with many of the rest in the village's town square. Bartering, buying, selling...her little basket swinging on her arm was slowly filling with carefully selected morsels. Everyone was rather friendly, although also somewhat hesitant and careful of the others. Perhaps it was due to their all being strangers at the moment, though she certainly wouldn't mind making a few new acquaintances. She smiled and greeted all with a small wave. Sometimes she even stopped for a short chat if the other had the time to spare.

While most of the humble little abodes could be found circling around the center of the town, many others followed suit though stood at farther distances. Even these homes warranted brief visits from her for many were on her way home, located with a few others at the edge of the town.

Her home greeted visitors with the lovely smell of fresh fruit, or at times the scent of pies and tarts baking. A lovely orchard that had already been growing when she came upon it, it had needed quite a bit of tending to but still produced sweet and delicious selections. After placing her basket of newly bought groceries inside, Myobi could be found somewhere in the orchard, picking fruit or with her back bent over stubborn weeds.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
"In deed she is"
Aiden nodded his head and returned to the subject before their gazes had been distracted by the various townsfolk enjoying the evening.
"I am sure we can work something out, once I am able to bring in clay faster I will be able to produce more bricks...in my best day I can make over three thousand bricks but that is with a constant supply of clay and labors to bring in the materials I need. As it is I am averaging about seven hundred or so and almost have enough to finish my home. As you farm I am sure you can pick out the soil from the clay, give me a week or so and I'll head out over there and begin making your bricks on site...It would be a great help if you can start collecting a pile of clay for me to use...that would cut my work down by unimaginable amounts."
The man stretched his back and leaned into his seat lazily.
"I need to find me a wife soon...be nice to end the day with a back massage and a warm meal."
He jested with the farmer and continued to eye the ladies as they walked along with their business.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
He graciously smiled at Xandi who was one of his regular customers.  Ryven chose a fresh artisan loaf, still warm and fragrant from the oven.  He wrapped it in light cloth with the care only a maker could give to his creation before handing it over.  His variety of pie was most astounding as well, but suggested the strawberry with lattice crust as the berries were in season and quite delicious.  He wrapped the confection up with just as much care as his bread, and before their business had ended, he handed the beautiful lady a complimentary muffin for her walk home. 

"On the house, my lady Xandi."  He spoke with a smile and nod before turning to tidy up his shop.

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
Mayerling dismounted his horse at a far enough distance to be sure he didn’t muddy the hem of Beguile’s flattering dress with the landing of his boots on the mud street. Subsequent to tying his horse, he removed his hat, placing it in the crook of his arm as his aristocratic strut closed the last of significant distance between them. His lips disappeared behind his ostentatiously groomed mustache as they curled into a greeting smile. “Is it possible you’re even more radiant than last we met?” he asked. Seeing the basket of local flora hanging from her arm, he enquired further about the availability of tobacco leaves for smoking in his pipe. 
 
In a potentially more disturbing observation, Mayerling noted the phases of the moon had reached mid-cycle, meaning the night’s moon would be full.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
Barely had Moirae finished her morning cuttings and trimmings when the lovely Miss Xandi stopped by.  After a few idle minutes of chat -- mostly remarking on how well the weather had been these past few days -- and sending the dear woman off with her requested herbs, she got ready to take her own small trip into the village center.  Aside from having other herbs and tonics ready for sale, it'd be nice to meet some of the town folk and perhaps establish a couple more connections.  Besides, she rather thought the ladies alone could maybe form a weekly tea party.

Warmly she was smiling as she made her way toward the village green, her hair hastily swept up into a mostly neat bun secured at the nape of her neck, and a basket full of herbs dangling down from the crook of her elbow.  As it happened she had to pass the mason's home on the way, and she glanced over to see him and the other gentleman.  "Good day, gentlemen!" Moirae called out to Aiden and Potato as she lifted a hand in a friendly wave, and then paused to see if any had interest in fresh herbs or tonics. 

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 02:17:39 AM »
Lord Mayerling's approach brought a smile to Beguile's lips as she dipped a little curtsey and a pretty blush warmed her cheeks at his compliment.

"Thank you, m'lord.  I have been out gathering plants and roots for my lotions and ointments and flowers for sachets and perfumes.  It is possible that the exercise has brought a 'glow' to my complexion and put me in such good looks."  The lady watched him examine the contents of her basket and wondered if he noticed the distinctive leaves of the particular plant she had gathered.  The rumors of brutalized animals had disturbed her and the nature of the wounds had heightened her suspicions.  However, his lordship inquired after tobacco for his pipe which left Beguile wondering.

"I don't have tobacco in my basket today, m'lord, but if you'll step over to my cottage I have a few blends I've concocted from recently cured and dried leaves and containing the essence of apples and cherry." 

The modest cottage she indicated was a whitewashed dwelling with a low roof and many windows.  A small garden surrounded by a hedge decorated the front and behind, if one chose to look, extensive acreage was devoted to herbs and flowers as well as a vegetable garden all laid out in neat rows and appearing to thrive very well from Beguile's tender care.

"Please come in and have a seat while i bring out the pipe tobacco, and let me offer you something to drink.  I have tea or you might like a drop of sherry and I've several bottles of wine of my own making that I've been told rivals the best vintages of Europe."

The two entered the modest abode and immediately the young woman went to a cupboard which opened to reveal shelves stocked with many bottles, bags and crocks.  It was two of these crocks she removed and brought to the table after carefully closing and latching the cupboard doors.  Her earlier blush still painted her soft cheeks for she was very much aware of his lordship's masculine presence as he stood across the table from her.

"These are the blends I hope you'll like," she said looking up to meet his eyes with a gentle smile.

Offline ScorpioQueen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »
Scorpio finished baking her warm cherry pie that she looked forward to eating later in the afternoon. That is, if one of the little children didn't steal it from her window as it was left out to cool. She began her daily chores around her home cleaning here and there, making sure things were tidy and put to order; a messy home wasn't ideal for someone with her obsessive compulsive habits. If anyone was to step foot into her little cottage they would wonder if it was just a model type home or if someone actually lived there.

Although she longed for friendship, she was very much alone after her husband had passed a few years prior in a horrible fishing accident, leaving Scorpio a widow. They were in fact soulmates and newlyweds with a fate that was cut too short. Still young, she sought out for a little town to live peacefully and just to gather her mind and become at ease without all of the "norm". Her family and friends would never be able to fill the void that had come after the death of her beloved husband. Maybe with all of the new villagers moving in she would be able to make some new friends rather than just visitors or people who only gave her sympathy.

For some reason, lately the town has been experiencing many troubles in the night, the mention of werewolves. Our poor hunter can't even go out to help the town out because of the darkness that lurks in the woods at night. Many of the towns people are limited to what they can do with fear of being hunted at night. Just when Scorpio thought she'd have peace..


The day was just beginning as the villagers began to mingle with one another, Scorpio was shy and would smile, wave and nod as a few people had past her little cottage. She grabbed her basket and headed down to the market to get a few odds and ends, hoping to meet a few new faces.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
"I will comply as best I can, Aiden, but I cannot promise you much clay. The majority of the ground I have is very dry and difficult to work without trying to dig down and unearth something more. Though, if it takes you a week, as you say, I should be able to do some work in that direction," Potato explained quickly.

"And, yes, a wife would be a delightful luxury. I wish you the best of luck in that field," he agreed with a grin. He spent a few moments more chatting with the man before nodding and bidding him farewell, with the excuse that he needed to be to bed early in order to return to his fields in time to greet the sun.

However, with Moirae's greeting, he paused for a moment to inspect her stock. After a moment of running his eyes over the assorted greenery cluelessly, he asked, "Might you have anything to soothe muscles after a particularly tiring day? An overly optimistic hope, I might suppose, but I thought it worth inquiring, nonetheless."

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 06:47:28 AM »
Mayerling entered Beguile’s cottage, holding his right hand behind his back in his relaxed, gallant stance. His head was only a few inches below the ceiling, but he didn’t seem bothered by it. There was little to detract from the place. It was a lovely home of whitewashed walls, and the stone flooring was quarried from the same that built The Manor. There was something wonderfully feminine about the amount of vibrant flora strewn about the place. He couldn’t help but wonder if she was able to cultivate cannabis, and whether she would try to offer him the magical herb.

When she offered a seat, Mayerling took it, placing his hat on the table next to him. He chose wine, and was happy with the instinct: the bouquet of the vintage mixed with that of the flora was blissfully intoxicating.

He pulled his pipe from his riding coat, looking across the table to his hostess. “May I sample them?” he asked politely, though knowing a man of his buying power wouldn’t likely be refused.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
Aiden nodded at the farmer and almost saw him off before Moirae approached the two. He remained silent as TUP spoke with her, his own question would wait but he made a motion with his arms that his back was sore and perhaps she could prescribe or apply a tonic or salve from her herbs that would help. He smiled at her, sending her a wink before he said good bye to the farmer and stood to walk back into his hut which would soon be replaced by brick.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 01:25:55 AM »
Pleased that Lord Mayerling accepted the offer of her homemade wine Beguile took out a pair of fine crystal goblets and poured a generaous amount in one for his lordship and a smaller amount for herself.  The first taste is always the test she believed and smiled in pleasure at the look of enjoyment on the aristocrat's face.

She hoped he would find as much enjoyment in the pipe blends she had created and moved the two canisters toward him in response to his request for a sample.  "Of course, I have tobacco that is unadulterated, m'lord, but these blends produce a taste and aroma that is light and pleasing.  If you would like, sample one of them now and I'll prepare a packet with a sample of the other for you to try later this evening."  The canisters were clearly marked with their contents of apple and cherry blended tobacco and Beguile watched as the gentleman expertly packed and tamped the tobacco in the bowl of a superbly handcrafted pipe before lighting it and letting the aroma fill the room.

"Perhaps you would like to stroll through my garden a little while you enjoy your pipe, m'lord," Beguile said as she stood and gestured toward the back door of the cottage.  "You might find other plants and herbs that interest you.  I have an eclectic collection of flora from around the world.  My father was a renowned scientist and herbalist and my mother practiced holistic medicine.  They traveled extensively and my garden and small green house are their legacy to me as well as the education I received at their hands."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:12:17 PM by Beguile's Mistress »

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
The day passed pleasantly and quietly, as days seemed to do here.  The nights, however, were rapidly becoming another matter.  While the night before, several people had been woken by the distant howls of wolves, no one had been seriously disturbed.  This night was a different story.

Those who slept lightly were convinced that there were strange sounds during the night, furtive noises and the rushing of movement, far faster than anyone should have been able to run.  And the next morning, worse was discovered.  Susannah, the young widow of a man who had served as a soldier and died in battle, was now sent to join her husband.  Given the savagery with which she had been attacked, it was clear that the stories were true.  There were indeed wolves like no other here -- wolves which were, even now, masquerading as worried villagers.  They had to be found, and stopped.


  • Aiden
  • Albedo
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • ScorpioQueen
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »
Mayerling knelt over the body of the deceased, observing how she had died. He had seen saber gashes before, but nothing like this. The young woman’s jugular had been severed, but the wound wasn’t clean. “Remiel,” Mayerling summoned the scholar over, “take a look at this. These wounds…too rough and random for a blade, correct?”

Mayerling rose from his kneel, deciding the wounds were caused by an animal, but became further disturbed as the body showed no signs of being eaten, the way an animal kill should look.

So I wasn’t dreaming…

[clarification: Remiel is NOT LM's vote, just seeking his expert opinion on the event]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:08:10 PM by Lord Mayerling »

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
Beguile stepped out of Susannah's cottage, blue-gray eyes huge in her ashen face, and looked at the gathered townsfolk.

"She's gone,"  Beguile gasped, "she's been killed by some sort of animal."  She looked from face to face knowing in her heart of hearts that someone facing her was responsible for this horrific tragedy.  Lord Mayerling had utter a name and it rang in her head but stuck in her throat as she tried to say it.  She wasn't sure why but she looked beyond Remiel to Ryven and that was the name on her lips a moment later.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
Remiel had been dozing in his cottage, slumped back in his chair, his glasses tilted at an askew angle, the Maleficarum: Ars Lycanthropos opened and tented upside-down on his lap, his knee the place-holder.  He snored loudly, dreaming of fighting ghostly hounds upon a desolate and forsaken moor.

The scream woke him abruptly from his slumber;  he blinked blearily, still rising through the fogs of semi-consciousness, that twilight state in which it is impossible to tell what is real from what is imagined.   He realized that all of the candles had burnt themselves out; he must have fallen asleep while reading. 

He wondered whether the scream, too, was a product of his overworked imagination, but morbid curiosity bade him button up his shirt and don his coat.  He arrived in time to see Lord Mayerling and Beguile's Mistress gathered around the garden of the widow Susannah, their faces pale and drawn.   The cause of their dismay soon became apparent as he discovered the woman's corpse upon the ground, her throat torn out. 

"Oh my," said Remiel, kneeling at the late Susannah's side. "Oh dear."  He fumbled in his coat-pocket for a small vial, and, using an eyedropper, collected some of the blood in the vial and held it up to his eye.   "Yas, yas, it iz az bad az I sot.  Zese bites vere not made by any ordinary animal, I am afraid.  Yu see ze vhite foam here? I am afraid zat zer cause vas a creature zat haz not been seeink in zome time, zat wuz previously sot to be extinct."

He pushed the bridge of his glasses further up his nose.  "I am referrink, uv course, to ze verevolf.  A creature zat iz like a volf, but zat iz able to dizguize itself in human form.  For all we know, ze creature zat did zis could even be one uv uz."

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
With the rise of another day, Aiden was hard at work stacking bricks and demolishing his old hut to prepare the land for the foundation that would soon be his new home. He grumbles as he realized he would not have a place to sleep the next few nights but kept on working. A crowd was starting to form but he thought nothing of it at first.

(Gonna delay my vote want to see how others react to the news)

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
As Xandi began her walk into the town square to gather needed items for the day she noticed that a group of people were gathering in front of Susannah cottage.

She went to see what was going on, in hopes to see The General. Once she heard Beguiles announcement she gasp and went pale. As she listened to Remiel's assessment of events she felt sick. The thought that one of their own would do such a thing made her feel dizzy and faint.

Xandi finally said in a soft voice, "Who....Who would do such a thing? Werewolves? I thought those were all just tales to scare people, but now you are saying it is real. We have to make a defense against these things. The General he will know what to do, or Lord Mayerling, they could plan a defense perhaps they can help us."

Xandi was in shock and wanted to find comfort in the thought that someone, anyone, could save them for this horrible evil.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
Current voting:

Aiden(2) - Xandi, Imogen
Beguile's Mistress(1) - Ryven
Ryven(1) - Beguile's Mistress
Albedo(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lord Mayerling(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
ScorpioQueen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Albedo, Esoteric Myobi, Lord Mayerling, Lucius Cornelius, Moirae, Remiel, ScorpioQueen, The Unholy Potato

There are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:07:23 AM by Valerian »

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
He joined the others who had begun to flock around Susannah's small cottage, and as he approached, the worst was what he found.

"My god!  What sort of...monster would do this?"

Ryven looked up to find Beguile's casting a rather odd look in his direction to which he could only assume was accusatory.  Very well then.  He could play this sort of game as well.  He had nothing to hide beneath his flour and soot marred apron.  He was just a simple baker.

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
Xandi was surprised by the accusations that had been made. Ryven? He was such a nice man, and wonderful baker. He couldn't possibly be involved in this horror.

And Beguile she was the nicest woman ever. She was such a good herbalist, she would never be involved. Plus her face when she made the announcement, she looked as sick as Xandi felt. No Beguile would never be involved.

Who could it be? Who would do such a thing? Xandi had no clues but she had to place a vote.

She spoke up softly and said, "I don't know who could be involved and I don't know anything about this sort of thing. I would imagine that the persons involved would need to be very strong. The strongest man I know in the village is, Aiden so for now I place my vote there. But not that I really wish to do so."

Xandi could not imagine that anyone she knew would be involved but Aiden was so big and strong that he would be capable of doing a lot of damage to someone if he wished it. She had eyed his muscles just the day before.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 06:16:20 AM »
The news hit Moirae with a shock that morning, the simple normalcy of yesterday ripped away when she joined the others, taking in the ghastly sight.  Oh, dear heavens... Moirae couldn't stay within sight of the body, feeling all too queasy, and so kept herself tucked around the corner, though within clear earshot.  Who could have done such a horrible thing...? 

"Why would any of us do this?  Perhaps it was someone not in the village?"  One could hope!

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2010, 06:42:41 AM »
Imogen had rushed from the small cottage when the news came. Skirts flaring, she came running over, carrying a basket with bandages and small, labeled bottles. When she arrived however, there was nothing that could be done for Susannah, except finding the one responsible for this heinous crime. She looked around her and nodded quietly when Xandi pointed out Aiden's strength. Still, she wasn't too certain. Remiel seemed to know quite a bit about of the murder and this verevolf. Was he just that learned, or was his knowledge more 'natural'? And Lord Mayerling, one of the first to arrive at the murdered woman's side?

Her gaze flitted from one to the other and she bit her lip, unwilling to choose between these people who she considered friends, and allies in building a new, safe home here. Perhaps Beguile's had been right, or perhaps Ryven. Each of them looked kind and friendly as she studied each of them in the early morning light. "Perhaps Aiden can tell us more?" She said, avoiding his gaze. Guilty or innocent, she really didn't want the strong stone mason angry at her.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »
Finally curious at the gathering of people the sweaty mason took a break and went to see what was the commotion. His eyebrows furrowed as people looked at him for explanation.
"Lord Mayerling is the longest resident of this area...by the looks of his home he had been here long before all of us...surely he must know something."
He made small blessing for the dead woman but returned to his duties, it would do no good for him to grieve when there was work to do and a home of his to secure from whatever was out there.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:54 AM »
Lucius is in shock after the news that he heard in is daily walk
"i can belive what is happening , i remember Susannah's husband we serve together some years ago, first him and now her ... oh  gods!"

he look to the other people gathering, looking for xandi, wonder if she is ok , then all begin to speak about who can be the killer, Lucius hear about Beguile's words of Ryven as the responsible, he know that she know a lot of news of what happened in town.


"Yes i think so, perhaps Ryven has a lot of things to explain"

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
Current voting:

Aiden(2) - Xandi, Imogen
Ryven(2) - Beguile's Mistress, Lucius Cornelius
Beguile's Mistress(1) - Ryven
Lord Mayerling(1) - Aiden
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Albedo(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Moirae(0)
ScorpioQueen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Albedo, Esoteric Myobi, Lord Mayerling, Remiel, ScorpioQueen, The Unholy Potato

There are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:03:16 AM by Valerian »

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:11 AM »
Torn, Moirae surveyed the group until her eyes settled on Remiel.  "I am sorry, but... it's far too suspicious you knowing so much."

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »
Remiel blinked.  "Suspiciouz? Me? Mhy dear, iff I wuz ein verevolf, ze clever sink to do vould be to keep ein low profile, to blend in wis ze crowd.   Only ein total eediot vould stick out like ein sore thumb in ein square hole." 

He shook his head.  "Zere iz a vay to tell...iff I could haff ze blood samples from every-vun, I could test for ze verevolf disease...unfortunately, zat vould take several dayz. By zat time, ze verevolf, or verevolves, could haff killed us all." 

Reaching beneath his coat, he produced a Prussian cavalry-issue single-shot pistol and a bullet that gleamed unusually brightly in the sunlight.  "Zere iz anotter vay...iff ze verevolf is shot wis a bullet uv pure silver, ze purest of all metalz...it vill undo ze curse.  Unfortunately, it vill alzo rezult in ze death of ze afflicted."

He dropped the bullet in the gun's chamber and cocked the gun.  "I haf no idea who it might be.  But perhapz, ze creature iz wun who hazn't spoken yet, who iz hidink in ze background.  Somevun like...Esoteric Myobi...."


Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
There was something about this whole situation that tipped Mayerling's scale...something about a dream.

"Beguile is correct," Mayerling confirmed, "Ryven is a dangerous creature among us."

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
"Your dreams are, in fact, just that...dreams.  You'll see once I'm dead though.  Enjoy being food for whatever beast did this to dear Susannah."  He said quite confidently.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »
Current voting:

Aiden(3) - Xandi, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Ryven(3) - Beguile's Mistress, Lucius Cornelius, Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress(2) - Ryven, Moirae
Lord Mayerling(2) - Aiden, Albedo
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Remiel
Remiel(1) - The Unholy Potato
Albedo(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Moirae(0)
ScorpioQueen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: ScorpioQueen

There are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:30:19 PM by Valerian »

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 06:49:13 PM »
Softly Moirae sighed, fought the urge to rub her temples.  Why had she left her gardens this morning?  "With further consideration, and placing hope in Remiel's innocence, I think Beguile's Mistress was involved."

Offline Esoteric Myobi

  • ~:|| Teasing Seductress ♡ Lil Chipmunk ♡ Saffron's Rabid Fairy ||:~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Location: Tease me, please me, bind me, then take me~
  • Gender: Female
  • Let go of your inhibitions...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 15
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »
Myobi had rose with the sun and busied herself around the house before stepping out to tend to the orchard. Ah~ Another fine day it seemed, as the scent of ripe fruit greeted her upon opening the door.

With a large wicker basket on hand, her daily routine of selecting fruit that were ready to be enjoyed seemed more of a treat to her than a chore. Leftover goods that she hadn't managed to trade or sell, she always ended up baking or jarring.

When her basket was full, assorted fruits and a few carefully wrapped pastries beneath, she stepped out and slowly made her way from the outskirts of the village to the town center. By this time she usually spotted a few of the other villagers at work, or at times even passed by a few as they went about their own tasks, however today seemed strangely quiet. The unusualness didn't truly settle in and grab at her attention until she saw Samantha's cottage down the road, a cluster of concerned townsfolk gathered around the front.

Curious at the commotion, she walked over to take a peek, edging into the crowd for a better look. Although she didn't see the entire gruesome sight (thankfully) due to so many others standing in front of her and blocking her view, the odd angle that Samantha's body was in seemed distorted and...impossible. It wasn't until she heard the whispers of 'death' and 'werewolf' that her basket fell from her grasp in shock.

Her own eyes only widened further, not completely registering Remiel's accusation yet, but instead only staring blankly down the barrel of his gun. "What...?" Through the mixture of horror, fear, and grief her eyes flitted to Ryven - a fellow baker and a short twinge of regret passed in the back of her mind as the fruits she had brought for his confections were now bruised around her feet. Next to him, Aiden stood quietly and she wondered if perhaps Samantha had been overpowered physically before being brutally mauled by the beast lurking through their precious village at night.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
As was not unusual for him, the potato-man was slow to become embroiled with the village's affairs. He had left well before the sun rose to begin his work, and only now returned, covered in dirt and grime and carrying a large, coarse sack full of various tubers. Imagine his surprise to find his fellow villagers gathered around a mauled corpse and throwing accusations upon one another!

A quick overview of the situation (and a temporary removal of the starchy load over his shoulder) revealed that the victim was little more than a passing acquaintance – Simone or Sally or something of that sort – and that no-one seemed to really know anything about what had occurred. There was nothing surprising about the fact that this had not stopped the accusations, of course. The Potato knew all about fear, but despite this, he could not help but be swayed by it, as well.

Most disturbing was the man with the pistol. Silver might "cure" werewolves, but then again, what wouldn't, when shot through someone at high speed? After a moment of internal fumbling as he searched for the forgotten name, he said, "Remiel, I demand that you put that away this instant! Someone will get hurt!"

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »
Albedo the hunter emerged from the forest early in the morning dragging todays succesful hunt with him when he saw the huddled mass of people standing in a section of town. He put the dead deer down and walked up to the group of people surprised to see Susannah's remains lying there. It didn't look like she just died on the spot though, it looked like she was attacked by an animal.
"Oh no the wolves are attacking people now! Before I was finding dead deer in the woods, but I never thought they would attack humans." When he heard mention of werewolves, he didn't know if he believed that. But if he had to suspect someone it would definitely be Lord Mayerling He for some reason never trusted that rich man.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
I change my vote to Lord Mayerling.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »
With a glance to the mason and then a few quick thoughts as she glanced around, she didn't think he or Ryven to be guilty, much more so than she thought Beguile's Mistress to be involved.  "I too change my vote to Lady Mayerling."

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »
"I too change my vote to Lady Mayerling."

Mayerling scowled at these words. "I can accept the decision of plurality, but it need not be coated with insults. And while completely self serving, the change of a vote cast from one party to another is entirely distastful to my constitution, and an offense to my nobility and elections in general."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »
She blushed a deep scarlet. "I apologize.  I meant Lord.  I'm not quite awake yet...haven't had my morning tea."


Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »
Current voting:

Lord Mayerling(4) - Aiden, Albedo, Ryven, Moirae
Ryven(4) - Beguile's Mistress, Lucius Cornelius, Lord Mayerling, Mithlomwen
Aiden(3) - Xandi, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Remiel
Remiel(1) - The Unholy Potato
Albedo(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Moirae(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

There are 8 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:43:11 AM by Valerian »

Online Mithlomwen

  • ~ E's resident kilt inspector ~ ~ Atropos ~
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: Somewhere between the dark and the light...
  • Gender: Female
  • ~ Thunder only happens when it's raining.... ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
Mith had been watching and taking mental notes along the way, trying to figure out who the culprits might be.  Several of the group had given some very good arguments against those that they favored for lynching.  She was weighing her own suspicions, before settling on someone to vote for, very much not wanting to send an innocent to their death.  However, not truly knowing who the guilty ones were, anyone she voted for, she ran that risk.  All she could do was hope for the best. 

"I believe that Ryven might indeed be hiding something." 

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
[soapbox]

“People of Carter’s Crossing!” Mayerling spoke from atop his horse over the gathered crowd.

“I implore you to consider your neighbors carefully. Some of those among us are wolves in sheep’s clothing! I, myself, am accused of such duplicity, and in great numbers, but I beseech you as an honest, noble man of impeccable manner and honor to consider my words.

“I am flesh and blood the same as any one of you…most of you,” he corrected himself with a pause. “I do not wish to die accused, but I am forced to bow to the masses of the community. But I must warn you, that if I am chosen, dies with me the humble nobility of this hamlet. I am not a wolf! I am man! I am but a tile in the mosaic of this burgeoning community. The Manor on the hill is not a refuge of evil. It is a sign of permanent service to and protection of this villiage, and all its denizens.

“Alive I stand honorably with you; dead I am but a monument to a grave mistake.”

[/soapbox]

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »
"I am not a noble man, but a simple baker.  I give you no warning nor malice for your vote.  I cannot make you believe me when I say I am not one of those creatures.  Only my death will show that my words are true, and if I should die, I know I will die an honest man, not one of those creatures.  Do not feel sorry if I am condemned for I would rather die by the hand of those who are flesh and blood human instead of one of those ghastly beasts."

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »
The Potato grumbled and fidgeted as the moment of truth grew near. "Well," he said, "I personally cannot see any fairer way than to allow things to rest as they are. It might be a cruelty to forfeit one's life to chance, but it is no worse a fate than being condemned by one's fellows, in my mind. We have no particular evidence, besides our own personal prejudices, to indicate what might be responsible."

He glanced at Remiel and his miniature firearm once more before continuing. "I have stated my suspicion and he has in turn vainly thrown one against me. So shall be all of our ends, if I know anything of cowardice." He cleared his throat dismissively and waved vaguely at the others. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have some things to clean if I intend to eat tonight." He waved the bulging sack of tubers as demonstration and then headed back for his hut.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
After much wrangling and discomfort, at last the villagers decided that Lord Mayerling would meet his fate that day.  He met his death bravely, as any soldier should.  Alas, his protests were all too true -- he was indeed an innocent Villager, and no one would sleep any more soundly that night.

  • Aiden
  • Albedo
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi


There are 7 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »
Beguile looked into the eyes of those responsible for Lord Mayerling's death searching for some sign that they harbored the disease that turned them into wolves by the light of the moon then at the man who said he knew about these things.

"If you truly have such knowledge about werewolves I pray you seek them out and put an end to them before we all end up murdering each other out of fear." 

Her pace was slow as she walked back to her cottage and closed the door behind her.  She make a pot of tea for herself, not knowing what else to do, and sat at the table to drink it.  As she did her eyes fell on the canisters still sitting there and she reached out to touch one.  A tear fell, then another, and she buried her face in her arms and grieved for herself, his lordship, and the people in the village who were starting to live in distrust of each other.

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:40 AM »
Xandi's heart skipped a beat when it had been decided for Lord Mayerling to be executed. When the noose was placed around his neck she had to look away. His bravery was admirable. He meet his fate with fearless honor.

Xandi rushed home and locked her doors. Spending hours mourning the loss of such a brave man, her cheeks stained with tears.

Poor Lord Mayerling he was gone now and those beast, those beast were still breathing and plotting the demise of this poor village. Xandi longed for a strong man to protect her. Her mind went to the General. Would he be safe? Would she? These beast had cleverly lead them to lynch one of their own. How could they prevent this from happening again?

Falling to her knees she prayed, prayed for a seer, someone who could help them. 

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
Remiel, too, felt no pleasure in Lord Mayerling's death.  Smoke issued from the barrel of his pistol; the silver bullet that he had fired into the man's heart had completely failed to produce any visible change, indicating that he was no werewolf, but an innocent villager, as he claimed.  But the villagers had voted, and when they could not decide between Ryven and Mayerling, it had come down to casting lots -- and the luckless Lord Mayerling had drawn the short straw.

"Let zere be no more death today," he said, forlornly.  "Truly, he wuz ze most genteel of uz all."   Crossing himself, he knelt by the body to say a prayer for the fallen man's soul, then went off to retrieve a shovel.  With the help of some of the others, he dug a grave for Lord Mayerling in the apple orchard behind Imogen's cottage, and made sure he was buried with proper ceremony. 

His sombre task completed, he returned to his abode, where he opened the thick hidebound cover of Maleficarum: Ars Lycanthropos under candlelight once more, determined to ferret out the monsters hiding within the village.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 01:09:23 PM »
"I'm sorry to see a fellow villager die, but it was my neck or his."  Ryven said before picking up a clump of dirt and dropping it down upon the mound where Lord Mayerling had been buried.

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »
Imogen stood at Remiel's side when they buried Lord Mayerling, and spoke a soft prayer for the second victim of these vile beasts. Yes, she considered him a victim of those monsters as much as poor Susannah, as it had been their crime that compelled the hasty vote. She uprooted some honeysuckle and planted the flowers on the Lord's grave, so that even beyond the grave the dignity and appearances he was so fond of would be maintained, and he would be remembered as the well loved, responsible man he'd been.

She washed the dirt off her hands at the well, and looked over at Remiel's house where a gentle light shone through the window. "Save us, Remiel", she said softly, before heading back towards her small cottage.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »
"Well what an unfortunate series of events..."
Aiden said nothing more as he walked back towards his residence and got back to work.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
The Potato eventually reemerged from his hut and wandered over to the grave, temporarily ceasing his constant grumbling to quietly kneel beside the freshly turned earth. After a good ten minutes of silent immobility, the man stood again, rolling his gnarled shoulders. "Innocent blood follows innocent blood. Yeah, it figures." He turned and coughed into his hand before lurching hurriedly back towards his dwelling, obviously loathe to stay outside any longer this evening.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »
The sun was just beginning to set when Beguile walked around the side of Imogene's house into the orchard.  The Potato was disappearing in the direction of his own home and that was good because she wanted privacy for what she was about to do.  She knelt beside Lord Mayerling's grave and took a small bundle of leafy twigs from inside her shawl.  These were tied with a simple back ribbon fashioned into a bow.

The honeysuckle smelled fresh and sweet in the evening air and the fragile blooms trembled as she lifted them from the grave to slide the bundle of twigs beneath it.  It was too late now.  She should have given the plant to Lord Mayerling yesterday but hadn't wanted to believe it was necessary.  She didn't want to believe in werewolves, but now it seemed she would have no choice.  With the wolfsbane carefully hidden by the honeysuckle Beguile stood and left the orchard, returning to her own cottage before the sun could set.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
The next day dawned grey and rainy, as though nature mourned the tragic events unfolding in the little village.  Indeed, this morning was no more promising than the last, for once again the life of an innocent Villager had been lost.  Alas, the town's baker, Ryven, was no more, and the werewolves were that much closer to claiming the valley for themselves once and for all.

  • Aiden
  • Albedo
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 6 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
The Potato was slow to arrive in town, but when he did, he brought more than his usual bag of potatoes. This wasn't to say that said bag was absent, but that he also bore a grim, sad expression and a heavy shovel, which he propped against his shack. Upon the inevitable discovery of Ryven's corpse, he knelt beside it solemnly and silently for several long moments before returning to his feet and fetching the shovel. "Well?" he asked tiredly, "Where do we want him buried?" Upon recieving instructions of some sort, he oblidgingly carried the corpse to its final resting place and began digging.

Though he wouldn't state it openly, after the previous day's fiasco, the occasional passerby might hear him grumbling about that Remiel fellow.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
Remiel awoke with a start to find he'd fallen asleep in his chair again, his nose mashed between the pages of Maleficarum: Ars Lycanthropos .  With the painted woodcut of a particularly gruesome encounter between a werewolf and its victim smudged in mirror-image on his cheek, he blinked, yawned, and stretched.

Then his eyes went wide, and he panicked.  His hands went to his throat, while he looked wildly around for his cavalry pistol.  When he found his jugular intact, and his gaze fell upon the pistol next to a half-eaten muffin, he sighed a huge sigh of relief.

Of course, the fact that he lived through the night meant that someone else was not so lucky.  When the news got around that Ryven had fallen victim to the monsters, he accepted it with a grim expression.  "Ze monsterz muzt be stopped!" he vowed.

Then he heard Unholy Potato mumbling deprecations and casting accusatory glances his way.  "I know I seem suzpiciouz," he said, "but truzt me, I am not ein verevolf.   Sink about siz:  Vun -- I voted for neizzer Ryven nor Mayerling, boze uf whom vere proven innocent.  Obviouzly, zis doez not prove my innocence, but I vould just like to point out zat I could have eazily jumped on zer bandvagon for vun or zer ozzer.  Two,  I haff ein funny feeling zat at leazt one uf our verevolves iz zomevun who iz keepink very quiet.  Zomevun like, perhapz, Ezoterik Myobi, Albedo, or Luciuz Corneliuz.  Oddz are at leazt vun of zose tree (und maybe two) are our killerz."

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »
Current voting:

Albedo(3) - Remiel, The Unholy Potato, Mithlomwen
The Unholy Potato(2) - Moirae, Imogen
Remiel(1) - Aiden
Aiden(1) - Xandi
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Albedo, Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Lucius Cornelius

There are 6 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:08:39 PM by Valerian »

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
When the news reached Xandi that Ryven had been killed she sank to her knees, whispering, "not Ryven such a kind baker. Oh please not our beloved Ryven."

Xandi looked around the village with anger in her face. These monsters were killing her friends and as frightened as she was she was determined to stop this anyway possible.

Her eyes caught those of Remiel as he spoke of his innocence and she could see sincerity there. But if not Remiel who? She continued to look at the other villagers and saw something in Aiden's face, something she wasn't sure should be there, at least not in these circumstances. She cast her vote according to her conscience in hopes that they could begin to defend the village from the monsters.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
Another day and more bad news, Aiden did not care to gather around and participate in the theatrics of it all. The man had a house to build, but he did mull over who seemed capable of being a wolf.
Remiel knew to much for his own good, he was going to put his guess on that.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »
Unwilling to leave the relative security of her home, Moirae sent a messenger over with a note reading:

I suspect The Unholy Potato.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
The odd little potato-man nodded thoughtfully as Remiel explained his thinking. "Fair enough, mister Remiel," he grumbled eventually, "I do agree that I have some questions about Albedo's actions, and I can accept your claim somewhat better knowing that you are not casting suspicion back upon me. But de know that if it comes to pass that he is innocent, then I will once again allow my suspicions to fall upon you. I hope that that is understandable?" He raised his bushy eyebrows at the odd, scholarly man.

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »
Imogen looked between Remiel and The Unholy Potato, a man whose very name gave her the shivers. "Ryven was a kind and innocent man." She said softly. "If you think it is fitting, he may rest near Lord Mayerling. We must not forget them, and try even harder to find the wolves in sheep's clothing." 

She had to agree with Aiden that Remiel seemed to know an awful lot of the killings  but she wasn't ready to condemn him on his knowledge alone. For all she knew, his expertise might be their last hope... He was right that some of them had kept rather quiet, and she watched the silent ones cautiously. In the end, though, their silence didn't convince her, of guilt nor innocence.

After careful consideration, she moved a little closer to Remiel and lowered her voice. "I think The Unholy Potato changed his vote a little too quickly. Do you think he is hiding something?"

Online Mithlomwen

  • ~ E's resident kilt inspector ~ ~ Atropos ~
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: Somewhere between the dark and the light...
  • Gender: Female
  • ~ Thunder only happens when it's raining.... ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »
Mithlomwen listened to the conversations going on,  trying to ascertain who might have some sort of insight as to who the evil doers among them might be.  "I shall vote for Albedo and hope that I've not cast my vote for an innocent." 

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
"I'm affraid you guys are voting to lynch an innocent person. I know I may appear like the primary target. Afterall I come out of the woods every morning sometimes covered in blood carrying the carcass of a dear with me. Nobody ever really wants to talk to the lone hunter. But you people will be making a terrible mistake sending another normal villager to the gallows. That will just leave the werewolves to more of an advantage. I feel that The Unholy Potato felt threatened and cast a vote for me. I find that to be a little bit odd."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:11:45 PM by Albedo »

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Current voting:

Albedo(4) - Remiel, The Unholy Potato, Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress
The Unholy Potato(3) - Moirae, Imogen, Albedo
Remiel(1) - Aiden
Aiden(1) - Xandi
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, Lucius Cornelius

There are 6 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:25:15 AM by Valerian »

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
Throughout the morning and into the afternoon Beguile walked about the village listening to first one accusation and then another.  Each villager she saw could be a horrible, murderous werewolf or simply the innocent that he or she appeared to be.  Accusing Ryven the previous day and learning she had made a terrible mistake appalled her.  The loss of Lord Mayerling under circumstances that she would have visited on Ryven tore at her soul and now he was dead as well.

Each pair of eyes she encountered was searched for that tell tale spark of madness that might give her a clue but these beasts were good at hiding themselves among the innocent.  Logic should be able to provide an answer but in these circumstances it was useless.  She would have to trust her instincts and hope they were reliable.  Beguile returned to her cottage to hide herself away but before she closed the door and locked it one word, a name, passed her lips.

"Albedo"

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »
Albedo shakes his head.
"You Beguile's mistress just like everyone else are making a huge mistake. If you kill me expect the werewolves to win because I will be another innocent man put to death."

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
Some time that afternoon, the Potato approached Albedo cautiously. "I would ask your forgiveness, sir," he said somewhat wearily, "but Remiel has convinced me of his innocence, at least for now, and I find his logic to be reasonably sound. Furthermore, I have no particular wish to be executed for a crime which I haven't committed, and so I admit to having something of a vested interest in making sure that someone is selected over myself. I do not hold any particular grudge against you, and apologize that this entire affair has become necessary, but I cannot change what has happened."

His piece said, he would allow the other man a few moments to reply, and then, if none came, scurry quickly back to his house.

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
"How do you think I feel sir? You think I want to be executed for a crime I didn't commit? Just because Remiel convinced you of his innocense doesn't mean the other town members who aren't even accused are not the wolves. And you sir have not exactly convinced me of your innocense as well. The fact that you are approaching me now to talk about this sounds kind of fishy to me."

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
The odd little man just sighed and shook his head. "I was hoping that you'd humor an old man trying to free himself of his guilt before he died, but I understand why you are slow to forgive and quick to accuse. Just allow me to say that I'm sorry."

Having said his quick spiel, the man lurched back towards his home, eventually plopping down against the shack despondently. "Mmmph. So maybe I'll be next. So what? At this rate, we're all gonna die," he muttered hopelessly to himself.

Offline Esoteric Myobi

  • ~:|| Teasing Seductress ♡ Lil Chipmunk ♡ Saffron's Rabid Fairy ||:~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Location: Tease me, please me, bind me, then take me~
  • Gender: Female
  • Let go of your inhibitions...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 15
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »
Still shocked from the previous day's events, Myobi hesitantly stepped out of her cottage during the late morning as opposed to her usual routine of rising with the sun. By now, rumors, gossip, and accusations of all sorts were flying throughout the town.

As she went about her business, low and excited murmurs sounding on all sides, she was sorry to hear that The Unholy Potato was apparently one of the main suspects for the morning's unfortunate occurrence.

Still shaken, she had chosen not to visit Ryven's home for now, a rather strange change in her rounds that left her feeling somewhat empty. A fellow baker gone.

As the day melted from a fair morning to late afternoon, she finished her trip by visiting the newly turned graves. Graves. The plural made her heart sink, sitting heavily at the bottom of her stomach. It was here that she pondered the decisions that others had come to. Could it possibly by The Unholy Potato? She clearly remembered how he had been appalled at the sight of Remiel's small firearm as well as how her own heart seemed to stop from the surprise. No, it couldn't be...

Albedo was a rather mysterious figure who kept to himself. His clothes always seemed to carry traces of brown stains...but were they truly all from the blood of animals? She shuddered lightly at the thought, and bending down to place the last of her fruits at the side of the graves, began to slowly make her way back to the outskirts of town.

Offline Albedo

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 09:07:52 PM »
Albedo sneered at the potato.
"If I recall you're the one who accused me first there is nothing to forgive."

Albedo shakes his head and heads to the gallows to wait for the executioner. No point fighting it if you guys want to make another mistake then that's up to you. Nobody cares about the lone hunter, and I can't seem to shake your opinions anyways. I hope you'll all be pleasently surprised when there are still three werewolves running around and only five of you to fend for yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:19:09 PM by Albedo »

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
After listening to Albedo and Unholy Potato put forth their arguments, Remiel could not shake the feeling that he had chosen wrongly.  The feeling grew and grew, until at last, he cried out--

"I cannot do zis!  Zis is not right!"  He removed his glasses, and mopped his brow with a handkerchief pulled from his vest pocket.  "I vish not to zend anotter innocent man to hiz grave.  Zere is zomethink about Albedo zat convincez me he iz innocent.  No, I zink it iz Aiden, not Albedo, whom ve must not trust."

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Current voting:

Albedo(4) - The Unholy Potato, Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi
The Unholy Potato(3) - Moirae, Imogen, Albedo
Aiden(2) - Xandi, Remiel
Remiel(1) - Aiden
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Lucius Cornelius

There are 6 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2010, 06:44:27 AM »
sorry still too shocked by the events that happens in our little town i have been crying in my hub all these days, but now i really think that ALBELDO sure must be one of the killers.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
"Zomevun else muzt shoot him, zen," said Remiel, resolutely. "I vill not do it." He held out the pistol to any who would take it.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
Final voting:

Albedo(5) - The Unholy Potato, Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Lucius Cornelius
The Unholy Potato(3) - Moirae, Imogen, Albedo
Aiden(2) - Xandi, Remiel
Remiel(1) - Aiden
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
Lucius Cornelius(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Xandi(0)

So it was that Albedo was sentenced to die by firing squad, over all his protests of innocence.  And those protests were sincere, the town soon learned, for Albedo was an innocent Villager, whose death only weakened the cause of the innocents.  It would be another frightening night for the villagers, barricaded behind their doors....

There are 5 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:55 AM »
Another life taken needlessly, Beguile thought to herself as the the crack of the rifles drifted away in echoes across the town.  She sat in her pretty cottage cursing herself for her cowardice.  Her self recriminations grew worse when she learned Albedo had been innocent.  Two lives lost to the monsters who had torn their throats and two more to be laid at the feet of those same werewolves even though their own friends had been the ones to sign their death warrants.

Going to the door she took a shawl from a peg and wrapped it tight around her as though warding off a chill though the day was warm before stepping out of her door.  She moved beyond the threshold and stopped, not knowing which way she wanted to go.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
Alas, no one slept easily that night -- the villagers from their fear, and the wolves because once more they were on the prowl.  That morning, the villagers made a cautious search, and discovered, to their shock and horror, that once more an innocent Villager had been lost.  Mithlomwen would rise no more, and yet another ally was lost.  Things were becoming grim indeed.

  • Aiden
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »
Aiden for once feared his home made of bricks was not enough to protect him, hoping he did. He had now began constructing the home of the farmer to clear his mind of the latest tragedy. In his ramblings he pointed out the one person he felt had something to do with it all....Lucius Cornelius

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
That morning, Imogen hesitated before heading out, fearing the news this morning would bring. When the hammer did fall, she buried her face in her hands. "Mithlomwen..." She whispered. "We'll find who did this, I promise you."

She watched Aiden as he pointed and although she didn't trust the bricklayer, she nodded quietly. There was something suspicious about Lucius Cornelius.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »
Current voting:

Aiden(4) - Xandi, Lucius Cornelius, Remiel, Imogen
Lucius Cornelius(3) - Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, The Unholy Potato
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:00:20 PM by Valerian »

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2010, 05:01:58 AM »
When Xandi heard the accusations begin to fly she was shocked that Aiden would so quickly accuse The General Lucius Cornelius. The General was such a fine man.

Why all of the sudden did Aiden make his position so clear as sudden. His first vote had been against Lord Mayerling and he had turned out to be an innocent. Albedo voted with Aiden in that round and Mith voted confidently against Albedo and was murdered. Are all of these things just curious coincidences? Xandi wasn't sure but she had voted Aiden from the beginning and nothing thus far had proven her suspicions wrong. Xandi decided to stick with her gut instinct on this and hoped to find out soon who the wolves were or she knew she would be dog food before long and so would her friends.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2010, 06:07:23 AM »
Another note was sent from Moirae's home, this time reading:

I still suspect The Unholy Potato, however, I am even more suspicious of Imogen.

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13:31 AM »
When aiden points to him, the anger almost overwhelmed him...
"how do you dare ??? how can you tell that... oh i see, you point to me to distract our citizens... it is obvious that there has been a suspicious person since the begining...YOU"

so Lucius vote against Aiden


Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »
Beguile still found it hard to believe that there could be werewolves living among them in the guise of humans pretending to be one of them and yet killing them as they lay sleeping in their beds.  And as if the curse of the werewolves wasn't enough they were called up to ferret out the culprits by accusing each other of the horrible deeds.  They had done this, only to watch two of their innocent bretheren meet their death.  There was one who could be guilty, one who could have brought this plague among them and though he was defended by another he could be good at deception and have blinded her to the truth.  Lucius Cornelius could be one of those noisome creatures.  With a prayer to herself, Beguile hoped she had not named another innocent.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »
"Zere iz zumsink about Aiden zat I do not trust," said Remiel, who looked worse than ever.  His eyes were ringed by large, dark pools, and he couldn't stop yawning.  "My tezts are, zo far, inconcluzive.  But zere iz zumsink uv zer dark about him."

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »
Imogen listened to the discussions and glanced at Remiel when he spoke. She bit her lip and lowered her gaze, carefully considering her choices. Had she been wrong to suspect Lucius Cornelius? Taking a deep breath, she turned to Remiel. "You are the expert regarding these monsters, I still don't trust Lucius but I will place my trust in you and change my vote to Aiden." She prayed that this time they would make the right choice. Surely, Aiden had behaved oddly but was he really guilty?

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »
"Killing me will be the only hope you all have at avoiding the massacre that creeps towards you before your blind eyes!"

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »
The little hunched potato-man eventually shuffled back around to town, muttering to himself and smelling of freshly turned earth. However, atypically for him, he addressed his remaining fellows from the town square. "I do not feel that I can so quickly condemn one that I had formerly trusted. As such, I will cast my vote against Lucius Cornelius, and would urge others to do so. I do not think that Aiden is guilty."

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
Imogen regarded the hunched man warily and sought Remiel's gaze. She shrugged her shoulders, spreading her palms outwards. "I am not sure about Aiden, but I really don't trust that man... I saw him follow Albedo yesterday. They seemed to be argueing. She leaned against the wall beside the door way and rested her head against the bricks, warmed by the sun. She sighed. "Who will build our houses now ?"

Offline Esoteric Myobi

  • ~:|| Teasing Seductress ♡ Lil Chipmunk ♡ Saffron's Rabid Fairy ||:~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Location: Tease me, please me, bind me, then take me~
  • Gender: Female
  • Let go of your inhibitions...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 15
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
Although she had voted for Aiden previously as well, her fears hadn't dwindled and instead had only grown with the increasing amount of deaths. Knowing little about Lucius Cornelius, Myobi decided to place her faith in Xandi's trust in the man as well as going along with Remiel's insight.

Offline Aiden

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
With the remaining bricks he had left the hard working mason began to dig himself a tomb and decorate it with the works of his craft. He knew his fate and would accept it despite the glare of hatred in his eyes for everyone.
"I curse you all to death, each and every one of you...may the hells torment your souls for eternity. May you never know peace, the pain of a werewolf disemboweling you will be like nothing you experience once death's mercy falls upon you worthless cur!"

With his work complete the man returned to his home and returned later, bathed and with a large dagger in his hand. Stepping into his grave he closed his eyes before digging the steel into his abdomen, gasping as the life left him. His eyes teared up but his anger stayed laced on his features. He smiled as blood cascaded out his lips, his eyes glowing an unnatural blue.
"To death all of you...may the blind be culled like lambs."
With those words he collapsed, Aiden the brick maker was no more.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:05:48 PM by Aiden »

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »
Final voting:

Aiden(5) - Xandi, Lucius Cornelius, Remiel, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Lucius Cornelius(3) - Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, The Unholy Potato
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Aiden's words cast an uneasy pall over the entire village.  And they were right to shudder, for it was the curse of a man wrongfully accused, by those he had once called friends.  For Aiden was no werewolf, but the Seer, one who might have helped to shield the village from its enemies.  The remaining innocents were now blind indeed...

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2010, 07:55:21 PM »
As exhausted and bedraggled as Remiel looked, he at least had the grim sense of satisfaction that he had, at long last, correctly identified one of the werewolves and thereby saved the village from its peril.

When Aiden was revealed to be the Seer, however, he shrieked like a woman and fainted dead away, his eyes rolling back in his head.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »
"I told you! I warned you! I did try, even if not half as much as I should have! We're doomed, like he said!" The potato-man glared and pointed at Remiel. "I heeded your advice before, but you did not listen to mine! Why? You should have known better!"

This said, he grumpily stumped off to his shack, not even bothering to lock the door. If death came, he knew that it would be no protection.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2010, 10:58:16 PM »
That night, the werewolves howled, and few slept a wink.  But the next day brought the first good news that the villagers had had for some time.  That morning, the sunrise brought no fresh gruesome discoveries, and every remaining citizen was alive and well.  Though their Seer was gone, their Guardian remained and had chosen well last night; and at last there was a ray of hope for them all.

  • Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2010, 11:29:05 PM »
When Remiel came to, he found himself back in his cottage, with no idea how he got there.  The candles were mysteriously alight, the Ars Lycanthropos propped up on his table, as if staring at him accusingly. 

Remiel turned and looked at himself in the mirror.  His eyes were bloodshot, his hair rangy and unkempt, his cheeks unshaven.  He looked, in short, like a man on the verge of going mad.  He remembered how certain he had been about Aiden, and he flinched visibly, as if struck by an invisible assailant.

"Who iz it?" he murmured to himself.  "Who iz it? Beguile'z Miztrezz? Ze Unholy Potato?  Luciuz Corneliuz? Who is zer monzter?"

He took off his glasses, and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Ezoterik Myobi. Yas, it muzt be her.  I vuz right to suzpect her initially."

Sighing, glancing at the mirror, noting that he had picked up a slight tic at the left corner of his mouth, he went out to make the accusation.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »
Another note arrived from Moirae's house (where she refused to come out from behind the barred door):

I can no longer place any faith in the words of Remiel.  He has swayed this village and its votes too many times now only for tragedy to occur.  How can we believe that after the deaths of innocents he could pick the right one?  We cannot... unless we also choose to believe that he is doing so purposefully, as a Werewolf, getting all of you to kill off each other with the belief he is trying to help.

I believe Remiel to be a werewolf, but also feel suspicion should be cast upon Xandi and Imogen, likely co-conspirators.

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2010, 01:48:29 AM »
Imogen clenched her hands to fists when Moirae's letter was read. "WHAT?" She exclaimed, whirling towards Moirae's house. "Is that how you repay our trust, Moirae?" She demanded, her voice pitched high.

She took an angry step forward. "Aiden was RIGHT! You are blind!"

Struggling to regain her calm, Imogen took a deep breath. "Either you, or us has been fooled. But oh, you have chosen your time for betrayal... The only good thing that has come from this is you showing your true colors at last.

Moirae, I name you a traitor, a wolf and a murderer!"

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2010, 01:58:57 AM »
With several heavy silver chains around her neck and carrying a large silver cross, Moirae finally peeked out of her house and could only frown with Imogen's words.  Hoisting up the stake she'd carved out of her wooden cutting board and the cross, she cautiously made her way toward the village center -- though well away from being within arms reach of anyone, her nerves shot and fear clouding her eyes.

Eyes that narrowed on Imogen.  "I find it odd that you select now, when I've admitted being suspicious of you, Remiel and Xandi, to decide to become angry.  Why not when I voted for you before?  We offered no trust between us and I gave you no loyalties... nor did I ever believe in Aiden's guilt, as evidence by that I never once voted for him.  You and Xandi, and with Remiel's swaying, have had a hand with everyone's demise.  Only someone so guilty, in face of being exposed for the heartless beast they are, would choose now to shriek and scream."

Then she looked to the others and said: "I am as innocent as Aiden.  Inspire death upon me and we will not survive the night."

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2010, 02:14:06 AM »
"I have made too many mistakes in my votes to start yelling when someone else makes a mistake, Moirae, even if that meant you pointing your finger at me. I didn't cry outrage then, I foolishly thought you were as torn as I was."

"I'm glad you pointed out the voting, however. It made me check the village records. And guess what I found?"

Imogen tilted her head. "I learned that you had not voted for -any- of our stupid mistaken executions. Your votes were always safe with minorities."

Her eyes narrowed. "Except once... When -your- vote cast the deciding lot that sealed Lord Mayerling's fate. Why did he have to die, Moirae? How did you become so lucky to avoid the mistakes we made? I defended you when Remiel came to me with suspicions regarding you. No, I said, I believe her... And then he send that letter, to those he trusted. Your name was on that list, I think partly due to my recommendation. What an idiot I've been!"

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
Slowly Moirae lifted a brow and looked back at Imogen.  "Because I mistakenly thought he guilty and let myself be swayed by the majority.  And... really, I think you're thinking far too much of yourself, or perhaps it is simply Remiel playing all of us, for he too came to me.  In fact, he came pleading his innocence, and as foolish as I was to believe him then, I do not now.  You cannot fault me for not voting for those I didn't think guilty nor for falling into the trap of voting along with the majority.  My not voting for those who have innocently died should not be taken against me.  My conscience -- aside from the tragic death of Lord Mayerling -- is clear.  "

"But yours... oh no, yours is not.  Is it?  How many more have to die before your vile betrayal to this village is put to an end?" 

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »
Imogen shivered and clasped her arms over her chest. "No", she said quietly. "My conscience isn't clear. Aiden's blood is on my hands too, and I haven't been able to prevent any of the other deaths." She raised her chin and looked at Moirae. "But I am not one of those who howl in the night. My crimes were crimes of ignorance, not ill intent."

She grimaced. "The sad thing is....I would have believed your accusations towards Remiel, if it had not been for your naming of Xandi and myself. It is there that you gave yourself away. I have looked and looked, but I haven't found any cause to suspect Xandi, and I know myself."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »
"As I have said... I am as innocent as Aiden.  If I am lynched, no werewolf will be killed this day."

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2010, 02:49:21 AM »
Remiel listened, wide-eyed, to the debate, between the two women: one who seemed convinced he was innocent and one who was convinced he was a monster.  Slowly, he turned to Moirae, his head tilted to one side.

"Vy are you zo eager to nail Xandi to zer zame zlab az Imogen und me, Moirae?  Vut did she do?  Xandi haz not zaid vun verd...not vun verd...yet you accuse her vit us.  Vy iz zat?

"I merely zaid to you, I azzumed she vuz innocent, az I did Imogen.  Az, in fact, I did azzume you vere.  Vy are you now zo eager to condemn her, when all she did vuz vote for Aiden, over und over again?  Yas, it vuz ein mistake, zer same mistake I fell victim to az vell.  But vy not just me?  Vy accuse zem az vell?

Iz it becauze...I confided in zem?  Zat I am now guessink right, at last?  Zat you are taking zer...pre-emptive action?"


Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2010, 02:59:01 AM »
Wincing, Moirae pressed a hand to an ear and shook her head, refusing to listen to anymore of Remiel's garbled speech -- of which she understood perhaps only a few words that weren't accented.  "I believe you tricky and evil enough to come up with such a plan.  You have been set on fooling us all.  No more!  You are vile and evil and must be purged from our village before any others die."  Truly, perhaps the poor woman had simply lost her mind staying inside her house and getting distraught over the slightest creak or noise, convinced she were about to die from a werewolf attack. 

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »
Imogen spoke up quietly. "I withdraw my vote for Moirae for the time being. I am at a loss who to suspect, but I have reasons to believe voting for Moirae would be a dire mistake and a crime to our village."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2010, 03:25:36 AM »
Sniffling and fighting back the tears in her eyes, Moirae took her cross back and held it firmly against her chest, softly chiming in, "And I have reason to believe I misspoke when casting suspicion upon Imogen.  I am sorry, dear lady.  My vote for Remiel, however, remains."

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2010, 03:29:01 AM »
Remiel set his jaw.  "Very vell.  Do vut you vill.  I still believe you are innozent.  But you are miztaken."

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:12 AM »
Xandi listened to the debate about her innocence that went on quietly. Yes she had been wrong about Aiden but she had had nothing to do with the deaths of all of the others. Why was she under suspicion now? Why would anyone think her guilty since she had been so convinced from the beginning of one mans guilty.

Finally she spoke up. "Excuse me if I may have your attention. Moirae I thought that strength was perhaps the key to someone being one of these monsters. I was proven wrong. Perhaps we should accept that strength has nothing to do with it. I admit yes I was wrong about Aiden. Maybe I have been wrong about someone who I love and have trusted from the beginning as well. Xandi looked at the general Lucius Cornelius.

Our seer found Lucius Cornelius worthy of suspicion and since my stubborn voting against him caused his death I will carry his will forth. Anyone who feels that I should be punished for my vote against our Seer, believe me I am tormented by just that fact. I will pay a heavy price I am sure for helping the wolves find and kill the only one who could help us discover their identity.

My vote stands against Lucius and my the gods of fate be with us if we are wrong again."

Xandi had lost the man she loved but also had been responsible for the death of someone she now knew was innocent. The knowledge of all of this made her weep with guilt and pain. Her determination grew with each passing second. She would see that these monsters paid for their murders, or die trying.


Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
Current voting:

Lucius Cornelius(4) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Remiel
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, Lucius Cornelius

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:27:33 AM by Valerian »

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
After Xandi had spoken, there seemed to fall a silence over the city. Imogen watched and waited, hoping that someone else would speak up, and help them with the rough decision they had to make. They had been wrong too often, and she feared making another mistake.

"I find Xandi's argument persuasive and I admire her strength to vote for someone she loves." She said at last, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she looked at each of the villagers in turn. Specifically The Unholy Potato received a long, hard look. "For now, I vote for Lucius Cornelius."

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
The Potato eventually emerged from his hovel, seeming mildly surprised to still be alive, but then proceeded to stump his way towards the assemblage of surviving villagers. "I agree," he announced tiredly, "with Ms. Imogen and Ms. Xandi. I am suspicious of Lucius Cornelius, in no small part because of the suspicion that has already been cast upon him by our seer. I think that Aiden knew what he was talking about, and that it would be base foolishness to dismiss that sort of thing now."

"Now then, unless anyone else would like to glare at me suspiciously, I have some vegetables to attend to, murders or no, if I want to eat this evening." So saying, he stormed off towards his fields at the edge of town.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
There was little Beguile could do to prevent the direction the vote was taking.  She felt no less guilty for having Aiden's innocence proclaimed though she hadn't suspected him.  It seemed her fellow villagers were bent on dispatching another of their own in retaliation for the other murders and in the hope that they would choose wisely and reduce the future risk to the community.

One by one she looked at her fellow townsfolk and examined them closely for any sign, no matter how insignificant, that they were in league with the forces of evil and a threat to the innocents they hid among.  As it had before, her gaze rested on one that made her feel uneasy.

"We are in so much danger, even though last night's events brought us no further distressing news when we rose this morning.  Still, before night falls again we must seek to lessen the threat against us.  Once again I must say that I believe Lucius Cornelius is our enemy and we would all be better off with him gone."

A violent shiver shook her body as the proclamation left her lips for a wrong vote would mean another black mark on her soul and atonement in her future.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
Current voting:

Lucius Cornelius(5) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress, Remiel
Moirae(1) - Lucius Cornelius
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:18:11 PM by Valerian »

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
"Yas, it makez senze," said Remiel, once he listened to the others explain their reasoning.  "Alzough I am loathe to, I vill change my vote for Luciuz Corneliuz az vell."

Offline Lucius Cornelius

  • When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Gender: Male
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »
Lucius look from one side to the other, all finger begin to point to him, but he almost foget about all when the first one that has acused him was xandi, he can feel how is hear broke with her vote ..." i can belive it i think that you and me have a future together but this...."

he think in point xandi's back just in revenge, but he knwo that he never in his life can hurt her....

he begin to laugh ok as all of you are against me, im going to throw against my own sword but know that Moraine is as guilty as i am...

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Final voting:

Lucius Cornelius(5) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress, Remiel
Moirae(1) - Lucius Cornelius
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

With so many against him, nothing Lucius Cornelius could have said might have saved his life.  Once more the villagers gathered for a hanging, wondering if once more an innocent might die.  But L. Cornelius was a Werewolf, and the innocent could sleep more soundly tonight, however the werewolves might mourn their ally.

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 2 Werewolves.

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
Imogen spontaneously hugged Moirae. "I knew it!" She exclaimed, forgetting for a brief moment she had been oh so certain too when Aiden died...But at last.. AT LAST they were making headway. She cast a glance towards Xandi and stepped closer to the woman, quietly offering her support. It was hard for all of them, even if it felt like a celebration after all the deaths, to see their fears come true but Xandi had been close to Lucius Cornelius and Imogen shuddered at the thought of the danger the woman had been in.

But with Xandi's sacrifice new hope was born and she didn't intend on stopping here. "We're not there yet... But we -will- find them." She promised quietly.

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »
As it was revealed that Lucius was a werewolf Xandi shed tears in the view of all the others. The love of her life had been a murder and she still loved him. In moments Xandi, while she was still crying, spoke softly and said, "I am happy that we have identified one of the wolves although it is a great loss to me personally the welfare of the town is more important than any sacrifice I have suffered. I hope to find the other werewolves before they eat me, but in case I don't please remember these things I say now.

I have had suspicions for some time about a few people in our little village. I know that Moirae is suspicious and so is unholy potato. The fact that Lucius made such a statement about her guilt was meant to throw us off, in my opinion. As for Unholy Potato I don't know why but I think he is a wolf. Now you can take what I have said to heart or you can not it is your choice but I am sure that I will be eaten soon and my heart break will be ended."  Xandi's tears overtook her again.

She straighten her dress and went to mourn the loss of the man she loved in private.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2010, 09:04:24 AM »
Though shocked, most villagers were also quietly relieved that one of the creatures plaguing them was gone.  But the grim news that had become so common was even more grim the next morning.  For Beguile's Mistress was dead, torn apart by the remaining wolves -- and she had been the town's Guardian.  With both their protectors gone, could the villagers possibly survive?

  • Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers and 2 Werewolves.

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »
The day had ended so well... When Lucius Cornelius fell to the silver bullet put in his chest, she had dared to hope again, her eyes had brightened and she had keenly looked at her friends, seeing the same hope in their eyes. And then the night had come, uneasy and dark. When dawn rose, Beguile's Mistress did not rise with them and her momentary hopes shattered as if they had been but a dream.

Tiredly, Imogen sat down at the bench near the village well and considered her choices. She knew that Moirae was innocent, and probably Xandi as well. Those were there the basics she would work with. She trusted Remiel, even if that was more on a hunch than through positive confirmation. Thinking for a moment longer, she recalled some earlier accusations and nodded quietly to herself. The Unholy Potato had to be one of the remaining wolves.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »
Tearfully Moirae set to seeing to Beguile's Mistress' proper burial, covering the grave with hordes of wild flowers she'd harvested and, of course, a very large silver cross.  Not that it would do any good now, the beasts had already claimed her life.  Moirae herself hadn't relinquished her own cross, nor the silver strands around her neck and the pointed stake she held close nearby.  Their Guardian -- the last chance outside of fatefully surmising who were the last two -- was gone.  She couldn't help but feel that disaster was what lay in store for the rest of them and fought to ignore the rising sense of dismay.

Covered in soil, dirt and stray blossoms, Moirae returned cautiously to the town square and stared at the noose.  Who among them?  Not the Lady Imogen -- they had earned each other's trust, albeit nearly the hard way.  Xandi?  After what had transpired yesterday with L. Cornelius she thought not, as did the flowers.  That left Remiel, Estoeric Myobi and The Unholy Potato... and, well, herself, but she and the flowers knew what side she was on.  Despite the lack of trust she felt for Remiel, the large 'what if' loomed over her, prepared to deal any wrong decision with its gleaming scythe. 

Her thoughts ended with Esoteric Myobi.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
Current voting:

Esoteric Myobi(3) - Moirae, Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Xandi
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers and 2 Werewolves.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:09:55 AM by Valerian »

Offline Xandi

  • Happy New Year...HUGS from the Queen of Hugs.....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »
Xandi listened as everyone placed there votes she had been in the shadows observing.

She nodded to Imogen who seemed to think that Moirae was innocent and placed her vote for Unholy Potato the other person she had suspected for sometime.

Her grief overtook her all to soon the memory of her love, dead and a murder taking its toll on her. She retreated to the solace of her little cottage where she shared so many fond memories with Lucius.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »
Remiel was careful to stay out of Moirae's way, given how convinced she seemed to be that he was one of the monsters stalking their formerly pleasant little village.  Still, he was at least glad that she appeared to be on the same train of thought as him.  While the Unholy Potato certainly was a strange little man,  his voting history was not consistent with someone who was in league with the known werewolf, Lucius Cornelius.   Remiel had absolutely no idea who the last werewolf was, but he was dead sure that Esoteric Myobi would bring them one step closer to finding him.  Or her, as the case may be.

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »
The Potato-man sighed and shook his head tiredly at the accusations. "You're wasting your time, friend. I'm no monster," he stated simply, not bothering to explain himself any further. "Regardless, though I do not find her particularly suspicious, I find myself forced to vote for Esoteric Myobi, in order to better save my own neck, though I rather suspect that I'll be eaten soon, regardless."

So saying, he stumped off again, clearly not caring to involve himself further with the rest of the mad, murderous village.

Offline Esoteric Myobi

  • ~:|| Teasing Seductress ♡ Lil Chipmunk ♡ Saffron's Rabid Fairy ||:~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Location: Tease me, please me, bind me, then take me~
  • Gender: Female
  • Let go of your inhibitions...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 15
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
She should have known that it'd eventually come down to this. Villagers pitting themselves against each other in their own desperate attempts to save themselves. It shook her to the core, the cold-hearted accusations...just how many of them held a flicker of bloodlust hidden in their eyes?

The fingers pointing at her hurt almost as much as the suspicion and mistrust the others were openly showing. Back straight and head high, it was the slight trembling of her chin that gave away her show of bravado. "As much as I'd like to prove my innocence I'm afraid that the only way to do so is the same as our previous attempts. Yet how many of them have been failed?" Her voice quavered lightly before she steeled herself back on track. Nodding curtly to the Potato-man, as if in apology, she finishes softly. "My own vote would be The Unholy Potato for the same reason that his is mine..."

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
Final voting:

Esoteric Myobi(3) - Moirae, Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(3) - Imogen, Xandi, Esoteric Myobi
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
Xandi(0)

Predictably, Esoteric's vote put the situation at a draw.  The villagers nervously debated what to do, since no one seemed willing to change their votes.  At last they were forced to let fate decide, and no matter what side anyone was on, they were all united in hoping that chance would be with them.

In other words, time for the dice.  A low roll means Esoteric is lynched; a high roll means The Unholy Potato is the target.

Quote from: dicebot
Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 3,
Total: 3

Over her shrieking protests, Esoteric Myobi is dragged to the rope.  As the noose tightens, her true shape is revealed -- for Esoteric was another of the werewolves.  Perhaps the village would survive after all....

There are 4 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2010, 01:54:26 AM »
One left... The thought resounded in (Mad) Moirae's head as clenched her shawl and silver beads tightly around herself and turned to retreat home.  Every light was left on, further crosses nailed to the front door, and even more stakes carved out of what remained of her wooden chair.  There was just one left, but one alone was going to be deadly.  One alone could still claim the village.  She shuddered at the mere thought and did not sleep a wink throughout the night.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »
Again, there was only quiet relief among the survivors.  No innocent could afford to relax, for one of the creatures still remained.  And the next morning, there was proof that no one was yet safe.  Xandi was dead, another Villager gone, and the situation was growing truly dire.  How could they possibly find the last beast?

  • Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi - Werewolf, lynched, Day 5
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 5

There are 3 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
With grim determination,  Remiel set about giving Xandi a proper burial.  After the last mound of dirt was packed into place, he produced a worn, dog-eared bible and began reading the traditional Christian rites.  Splashing the grave with a vial of water that had been blessed by the Pope himself, he nodded to himself, satisfied that Xandi's innocent soul would ascend unto heaven.

The village was mostly deserted now.  Of its original population of thirteen, only four remained:  Moirae, who was clearly mad; Unholy Potato, who was entirely, almost unhealthily, too obsessed with potatoes;  himself, who he would be the first to call...eccentric; and Imogen.  Of the four, she seemed to be the one who was the sanest, the most stable.

He had regained a bit of composure after having been proven right about Esoteric Myobi.  He had been dead wrong about Aiden, but hopefully, by correctly identifying the second of the two werewolves, he had redeemed himself.  For the past few days, he had been furiously taking notes, scribbling down who had voted for whom, and when.  Hopefully, by using the deductive process, he could identify the last cursed creature before it became too late.

Back at his house, he licked the feather-end of his quill, dabbed it in a vial of ink, and wrote in his book:

"The strange man known as the Unholy Potato voted for Lucius Cornelius not once, but twice.  He could have easily voted for Aiden, but did not.  Also, he did vote for Myobi, if only out of a desire to survive.   He is most likely innocent.

I have long suspected Moirae of deception, but she did vote early for Myobi, and did not change her vote.  Also, Lucius Cornelius accused her before he met his end; however, this does not necessarily prove anything.  Knowing he was doomed, he could have attempted to cast aspersions onto her, a tactic known as the Martyr's Gambit.

Imogen...
"  He paused, frowned, and stared at the page.  After a moment, he wrote, "Imogen voted early for Lucius Cornelius, and although she did change her vote to Aiden on day three, she did not on day four. "

He put down his quill, and sighed, glancing at the Prussian pistol with its single silver bullet.  He was no closer now to detecting the identity of the last werewolf than he had been before.  Thus completely nonplussed, he decided to appeal to a higher authority for guidance.

"Our fazzer, whom art in heaven," he prayed. "Hallowed be zy name..."

Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
When morning came, Imogen woke up and stared the ceiling. She closed her eyes and pinched her arm. She was alive! Hastily she crawled out of her bed and ran down the stairs of the small cottage. She ran all the way to Remiel's home and had barely reached his front door when word came of Xandi's death. Quietly, she changed her course and met Remiel at the graveyard. She prayed for Xandi, and the others who had been part of what had once been a shangri-la.

"I suspected him before." She said quietly. "But now that Xandi has been murdered and Myobi's guilt has been proven, the Unholy Potato has to be the last one." She hoped she was right... If she were wrong, the results might be disastrous but Moirae had proven her innocence and Remiel... She thought he'd have been smarter if he'd been one of them. It would have been easy for him to avoid the mistakes he'd made... It was a small thing to base her trust on, but there it was.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
"I dizagree," he said, winching his eyes shut and pinching his nose.  "Moirae iz clever.  Very clever.  All otter sings beink equal, I simply do not truzt her."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »
Who was it?  Remiel?  Imogen?  Potato man?  Again and again Moirae paced her house before she finally emerged once dawn had broken over their village, casting its warm, golden rays over the blood stained homes and earth.  Somehow she'd lived another night.  ... But Xandi had not.  She'd cried, openly, during the burial, and stayed knelt by the ground, whispering softly as if she were perhaps either talking to the (dead) woman -- though, it was more likely the flowers she'd placed in abundance over the grave. 

Finally, hours later, she returned to the village center.  The flowers hadn't been wrong yesterday, why would they be wrong today? "(The Unholy) Potato man."

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2010, 12:46:45 AM »
Current voting:

The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Moirae
Moirae(1) - Remiel
Imogen(0)
Remiel(0)

Yet to vote: The Unholy Potato

There are 3 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:56:48 AM by Valerian »

Offline The Unholy Potato

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »
Said Potato-man, who had been accused so many times, sighed and nodded at the newest fingers pointed in his direction. "Yes, yes, once again. Honestly, after being right twice, you'd think that I'd be somewhat less suspected. Such idiocy..." He sighed and shook his head. "I simply cannot believe it. The truth is, though I don't care to see you dead, Ms. Moirae, I have no choice but to vote against you if I want to survive a bit longer and see the town saved. I promise you that I am not guilty of any of the nightly deaths, and I would gladly change my vote if you would do so as well, Ms. Moirae."

He cracked an aching set of knuckles and wandered off, his piece said.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »
"Who do you zink iz zer verevolf, Mizter Potato, if not Moirae?" inquired Remiel, before the strange man could toddle off.   Truth be told, he wasn't sure about his own vote, but out of the three, he trusted the mad-woman the least.  However, he had certainly been wrong before.  Aiden's death would likely haunt him for the rest of his life.

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
Final voting:

Moirae(2) - Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Moirae
Imogen(0)
Remiel(0)

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d6
Comment: Tie breaker
Result: 2,
Total: 2

Again they could reach no clear agreement, and once more fate had to decide for them.  And so it was that Moirae was taken to the lynching place to meet her end.

Alas, this time fate was against them.  For Moirae was an innocent Villager.  One werewolf and one innocent only remained.  Once more, chance would decide.  Their lives were no longer in their hands...


  • Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi - Werewolf, lynched, Day 5
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae - Villager, lynched, Day 6
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 5

There are 2 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.

Offline Remiel

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2010, 02:38:19 PM »
Once again, it came down to the casting of lots, and it would be Moirae who drew the short straw.  Grimly, Remiel drew his pistol and aimed it at Moirae's heart.  "I take no pleazure in zis, Moirae," he murmured.  "May Gott haf mercy on your soul."

As the smoke cleared from the barrel of the gun, and Moirae's body slumped to the ground, Remiel stared at it in shock.  "I don't...I don't underztand!" he groaned.  "She iz not...iz not...zer verevolf?!?"  Unable to believe it, he fell to his knees, his strength sapped out of him.  "Mein Gott!" he whispered, his voice trembling with horror. "Vut haf I done?!?"

Glancing blankly at Imogen, he put the pistol to his temple, and pulled the trigger, but of course there was no bullet in the firing pipe.   Slowly, he stared up at the Unholy Potato, realizing too late, far too late, that he should have listened to Imogen after all. 


Online Imogen

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »
Imogen's lips twisted as she watched Moirae being dragged off, tears blurred her eyes. She had supported her since that fateful day they had accused eachother, and to see it end like this was bitter...very bitter.

Instead of watching the shot, she looked intensely at the Unholy Potato. Her spine straight, anger emanated from the small woman's erect posture. Her eyes were stern, unforgiving. "How does it feel to know that yet another has died in your place?" She demanded, her small hands clenched to fists. "Moirae did not deserve this... Xandi knew that, I knew it."

Biting back further words of anger, she turned towards Remiel, meeting his eyes when he lowered the gun.

"This is your fault", she said, quietly. "Tomorrow, you or I may no longer be, but know that I wish you strength and the peace of heaven when time may come."

Online ValerianTopic starter

Re: Werewolves: New Blood
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »
There is 1 Villager and 1 Werewolf.

The next day dawned chill and cold, the sun barely managing to penetrate the overhanging clouds.  A glance at the little home of The Unholy Potato would show, too late, that the man had been as innocent as he had always claimed.  The last werewolf had taken the life of one more Villager.

And so, it came down to the final confrontation.  Remiel knew he was not the werewolf, but it was a shock to realize that this left only Imogen as the last of the supernatural killers that had plagued him and his neighbors.  She had deceived him just as she'd deceived the others, and now there was only the two of them left.

With no more need to hide in the shadows, Imogen smiled at him coolly, then shifted forms, transforming in the twinkling of an eye into a huge beast, its teeth gleaming in the faint sunlight.  Slowly, enjoying this last kill, she stepped towards him, certain of his helplessness.

But Remiel wasn't as helpless as he had seemed.  A pistol appeared in his hand, loaded and ready to fire.  A single shot rang out, and the werewolf that had once seemed to be a friend howled in pain and anger.  For that single bullet was of silver, and it sank deep into the creature's flesh, searing its way through.

The monster hunter had little time to rejoice in his victory, however.  Maddened, all too aware that she was dying, the wolf lashed out, giant claws raking across Remiel's torso.  He fell to his knees, then to the ground, blood pooling beneath him.  The next moment, the creature fell as well, growling, hitting the ground with a dull thud.

Then there was no more movement in the little village of Carter's Crossing, until the birds and animals slowly began to return.  At last there was safety in the village.  For now.

  • Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi - Werewolf, lynched, Day 5
  • Imogen - Werewolf, killed in the final battle
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae - Villager, lynched, Day 6
  • Remiel - Villager, killed in the final battle
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 7
  • Xandi - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 5