Here you go! Name
: Emrick StoneAge
: Human (Stormwind)Class
: Emrick prefers the term "Battlemage" since he mixes melee, long range, and physical combat with the casting arts of a traditional mageSpecialization
: Fire, Shortswords, GunsTalents
- Basic InscriptionSpells
: Emrick is very creative and adaptive in his use of magic. Instead of a specialized and stable arsenal of spells, Emrick prefers a more malleable and raw method of spellwork, usually focused on fire. He still knows and uses many staples of mage combat (Fire/Frost/Arcane/Etc. missiles, for example) though, and has even made a few of his own.Liquid Fire
- WISOTT. It's a liquid consisting entirely of flame. It's essentially ignited napalm.Burning Matter
- Causes an enemy to drop something by making them think it's incredibly hot. Works on weapons, armor, clothing, held items, and so on. Can't actually hurt an enemy.Summon Fire
- Summons a fire elemental that is bound to his will. Emrick's not a big fan of enslaving sentient elements (think of him as an Element-arian
), and only does this in emergencies.Skills
- Basic tailoring and leatherworking
- Basic foraging and cooking (he never got the hang of conjuring food)
- Communication and diplomacy
- Reading/Writing/Speaking foreign languages (Fluent: Common, Thalassian) (Literate: Draenish, Goblin) (Basic: Orcish, Gnomish) Faction
: DalaranSecondary Faction/s
: Listed in order of importance/value
- The Explorer's League
- The Alliance (Specifically Stormwind, Ironforge, and Gnomergan)
- Steamwheedle Cartel
- The Scryers of Shattrah City
- The ConsortiumTitles
: Emrick is neither notable nor old enough to have earned a title. In formal settings, he's often addressed as "of Dalaran" or "of Stormwind".Status within your Hometown
: Emrick was born in a newly rebuilt Stormwind in the year 17. He was raised in relative peace in the heart of Stormwind, taught from an early age to appreciate the Light and it's tenants of Respect, Compassion, and Tenacity. His priestess mother, Brisca, was killed by renegade orc warlocks during a trip to the Redridge mountains when he was eight. His father Haddren, a paladin, raised him over the next five years. It was not uncommon for the pair to travel through northern Elwynn for weeks, often at Emrick's urging. From a young age, he expressed deep interest in exploration and survivalism, and constantly sought education in combat from his reluctant father.
When the first rumors of war and plague in Lordaeron reached Stormwind, the Order of the Silver Hand called for volunteers to travel north and bolster the paladins of Stratholme. Around the same time, Emrick began displaying the first signs of sensitivity to magic, unknowingly causing several objects to burst into flame over several months. Although he saw little cause for worry in the vague rumors, Emrick's father answered the Silver Hand's call for help, mainly so that he could leave Emrick to benefit from the academies and magisters of Dalaran, even if only for a few months.
Emrick was 13 when he first arrived in Dalaran. He immediately joined the hundreds of other apprentices there, studying the lore of magic and learning to control his inherent ability to manipulate the ley energies of Azeroth. It was nearly six months later when news of Lordaeron's fall to the betrayal of Arthas reached Dalaran, followed quickly by the destruction of Quel'Thalas by the Scourge army. The news was largely hidden from the apprentices, as were the reports that the Scourge would be assaulting Dalaran directly. Emrick continued his training and learning undisturbed by the outside world, excelling in his knowledge of lore and history, languages, and the manipulation of fire.
When the Scourge invaded Dalaran, Emrick, now 14, helped in the defense. It was his first direct confrontation with the undead, and his first time witnessing death. Afterwards, Archimonde sacked the city, but Emrick and most of the population managed to survive by fleeing into the sewers. The entire experience was incredibly traumatic to the young mage. Nonetheless, Dalaran persisted, and Emrick helped in rebuilding the magical city.
When Emrick turned 18, he encountered a dwarf expedition party headed for the ruins of Alterac, who happened to pass by Dalaran. The dwarves were from the Explorer's League, and their stories of bold adventures and enlightening discoveries rekindled Emrick's childhood fascination with exploration. He left Dalaran, travelling with the dwarves to Alterac and eventually joining the Explorer's League itself. Ever since then, he's traveled to the remote corners of the world, researching and exploring ancient artifacts and lost ruins, cataloguing his findings and discoveries for the libraries of both Dalaran and Ironforge. He was also one of the first through the reopened Dark Portal, and remains in Outland to this day, exploring and recording.
Personality: Emrick's youth, combined with his expeditions in Azeroth and Outland, has created a semi-mature personality. He's both naive and street smart, knowing how to survive and how the world works, but also stuck in the eternal optimism of youth. He takes things as they come, often jumping to conclusions and acting on impulse. He's not stupid though; his impulses are based on accurate insight, a knack for seeing through the bullshit and straight to the source of the problem.
Emrick has a boundless imagination, always experimenting with magic and tinkering with his various gadgets and gizmos (a hobby he picked up from a brief stay in Ratchet). He's bored easily, always on the move and looking for change. Perhaps his only "serious" hobby is jewelcrafting, a job he focuses on for money and trade (and finds excruciatingly boring). He prefers diplomacy over violence, talking over combat; this is both because of his relative inexperience with fighting, and because of his overall focus on creation and discovery.Armor
: A leather vest over a comfortable long sleeved shirt with leather elbows provides most of the protection. He also wears fingerless gloves with metal tipped knuckles (used for mining and jewelcrafting, not combat), cloth pants with leather kneeguards, and thick leather boots. Depending on the weather, Emrick may also wear a hooded cloakWeapon
: Two of 'em.
- An ancient Draenish shortsword, restrengthened and enchanted with Scryer magic.
- A composite shotgun, made by himself, that uses ammunition enchanted by Emrick. Used mainly for hunting. The barrel can be removed to form a mining chisel, and there's an underslung slot for a skinning knife/bayonet.Guild
: The Explorer's LeagueMount
: A young mare named Talia.Hearthstone
: Dalaran. He's never used it though.Sexual Experience
: Somewhat. He's had two relationships and a single fling, but is currently... "unmolested".
- His first was with a high elf mage-in-training around his age two years after the sacking of Dalaran. <--- Relationship
- His second was with an almost forgotten childhood friend he ran into by pure luck when he revisited Stormwind at age 19 in search of his father. <--- Fling!
- His third was with a human herbalist he had met in Shattrath City during his time in Terrokar Forest. <--- Relationship
- Emrick's relationships involved some sexual elements, but he's still fairly naive when it comes to sex in general. It's not that he's shy when it comes to having sex; he's just inexperienced and doesn't know all that much.Sexual Preferences
: Heterosexual; humans, elves, draenei, trolls, etc. etc. Anything humanoid, sentient, roughly his height, and not too monstrous looking is acceptable to him.Turn Offs
: My OffsRivals
: None specifically.Aspect
: ...Racial Hatred
- Any and all.Demons
- They're freaking demons!!Orcs
- More of a racial bias than true hate. His time in Outland has somewhat softened his views a bit.Racial Affection
- Their philosophy of exploration and discovery melds nicely with his own.High Elves
- He spent much of his adolescence in their company.Blood Elves
- He sees them as high elves.Gnomes and Goblins
- He's exchanged schematics and prototypes with them for years, and loves their take on technology: the so-called "physical magic"Trolls
- He's encountered many tribes during his travels: some hostile, some not. Their ruggedness, utilitarianism, and ability to survive in a wide variety of locales earns Emrick's respect.