The Animagnaverse (Anime/Manga RP)

Started by DigitLninja, May 09, 2010, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ex68471

Okay, I've decided against any Gurren Lagann characters, because I don't care which part of the series you pull them from, they are ridiculously overpowered.

So, I would it be cool if I ran as Gamma Akutabi from Zombie Powder?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

DigitLninja

sure... I don't know who that is ^^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Ex68471

He has a chainsaw sword... :D

And due to my woeful lack of a highspeed internet connection, a Wikipedia article on the series is the best I can do.

I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

sinoraa

Just thought of the two scenarios of how my characters will leave their world...It was fun ^^

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

sinoraa

So will this take place in a specific characters world? would make sense for it to be in the Suzumiya Haruhi world.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Haibane

I think Sinoraa is suggesting that a weird universe, with all kinds of strange people and creatures in it with all sorts of powers is exactly the world Haruhi might make if she got bored.

It might well be in fact though she doesn't need to appear in the game.

Kyon will certainly think it's something of her doing and start off trying to work out what went on and how it can be fixed.

My character's up, BTW.

sinoraa

Haibane

We don't want her in the game though? That would rather limit Kyon's interaction with everyone else.

sinoraa

Wouldn't need her, as crazy stuff was always happening around her without her knowing anyway.

DigitLninja

I have thought about the idea of someone hiring Haruhi to make the Animangaverse
Quotes to Live by:

Haibane

I don't see a problem with her having made it and maybe somehow getting her kicks from watching Kyon struggling to work it all out but if that's the case you as GM shouldn't tell us because that would be a huge spoiler.

And as I said above her character should not appear since the Kyon character would then have his game tramlined into working with her/being with her and I'd like to experiment with what Kyon might be like on his own.

Ex68471

So... My character's up. :D I would appreciate anyone who notices anything missing letting me know. :D

sinoraa

I hate to seem like im nagging, but it seems to me we have enough people to start.  I have a hard time seeing this idea to apeal to the mass public, and now that we got some that are interested, i think it could be a while before we fill up these last numbers. I've seen far to many RP's lost because we had to wait for three-one players missing from the ideal number.

The Great Triangle

I think I'll go with Nozomu Itoshiki, even though he's a much less combat oriented character.  He probably got into the animangaverse as a result of a botched suicide attempt.  The man is impossible to kill, due to uncanny luck and extreme survival instincts; any time something would kill him, he miraculously escapes, suffering at the absolute maximum superficial injuries that put him into a short term coma. 

(In the show, this required one of his students to sodomize his dog, brutally beat his head in with a baseball bat, then blow up his house around him with a massive quanitity of explosives.  He was on his feet again within a week.)

Nozomu is very old-fashioned, and he'd interact interestinly with people from classical era Japan.  He's also very very interested in rope work, for obvious reasons (hanging himself) and is implicitly into shibari.  Some of his other hobbies include caligraphy, looking for good places to kill himself, and finding dramatic moments to shout "I AM IN DESPAIR!" 

Here's the opening of the anime, to extablish the mood of the character:  (he's the guy in the glasses and the formal kimono)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP

And an AMV, of Itoshiki's various suicide attempts:

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei AMV - Suicide
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

DigitLninja

alright, as of tomorrow we will start this game officially, but for now I am off to bed.
Quotes to Live by:

Major Major

ok. PM us with the location when you start.

Haibane

Quote from: sinoraa on May 11, 2010, 09:14:35 PM
I hate to seem like im nagging, but it seems to me we have enough people to start.  I have a hard time seeing this idea to apeal to the mass public, and now that we got some that are interested, i think it could be a while before we fill up these last numbers. I've seen far to many RP's lost because we had to wait for three-one players missing from the ideal number.
/\ agrees. I've seen promising games fold before they even started because some players got bored waiting and dropped out while the GM was holding out for more to arrive ;(

Also, nice to have you with us GT; it's been a while, eh? I think the last time we were in the same game was that (sadly) aborted S.O.S. Brigade game...

I may need to have a fair bit of the universe we are in 'painted' for us as a setting by you DigitaLninja, I tend to crave information in order to be able to plant my characters into an alien world. Sorry.

DigitLninja

The OOC is up and running, let's start filling it with our story line ideas ^^
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

and now the In Character thread is up. Let's get it started in here.
Quotes to Live by:

Shade

sinoraa

Haibane

The GM will correct me if I'm wrong, Shade, but I think this is the kind of game it's never too late to join ;)

Drop on by the OOC thread and say hello.