You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 08:43:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Animagnaverse (Anime/Manga RP)  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Ironwolf85

• Eletronic Scribe of naughty things.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Here to have fun, Role play, and maybe get laid
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Animagnaverse (Anime/Manga RP)
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
timewarpy anime survivors huh...

Offline Ex68471

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
Okay, I've decided against any Gurren Lagann characters, because I don't care which part of the series you pull them from, they are ridiculously overpowered.

So, I would it be cool if I ran as Gamma Akutabi from Zombie Powder?

Offline DigitLninjaTopic starter

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »
sure... I don't know who that is ^^

Offline Ex68471

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
He has a chainsaw sword... :D

And due to my woeful lack of a highspeed internet connection, a Wikipedia article on the series is the best I can do.

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
Just thought of the two scenarios of how my characters will leave their world...It was fun ^^

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2010, 07:11:26 PM »
indeed ^^

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
So will this take place in a specific characters world? would make sense for it to be in the Suzumiya Haruhi world.

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
what do you mean?

Offline Haibane

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
I think Sinoraa is suggesting that a weird universe, with all kinds of strange people and creatures in it with all sorts of powers is exactly the world Haruhi might make if she got bored.

It might well be in fact though she doesn't need to appear in the game.

Kyon will certainly think it's something of her doing and start off trying to work out what went on and how it can be fixed.

My character's up, BTW.

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
Yeah thats pretty much it.

Offline Haibane

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »
We don't want her in the game though? That would rather limit Kyon's interaction with everyone else.

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
Wouldn't need her, as crazy stuff was always happening around her without her knowing anyway.

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2010, 08:41:38 PM »
I have thought about the idea of someone hiring Haruhi to make the Animangaverse

Offline Haibane

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »
I don't see a problem with her having made it and maybe somehow getting her kicks from watching Kyon struggling to work it all out but if that's the case you as GM shouldn't tell us because that would be a huge spoiler.

And as I said above her character should not appear since the Kyon character would then have his game tramlined into working with her/being with her and I'd like to experiment with what Kyon might be like on his own.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:44:51 PM by Haibane »

Offline Ex68471

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
So... My character's up. :D I would appreciate anyone who notices anything missing letting me know. :D

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
I hate to seem like im nagging, but it seems to me we have enough people to start.  I have a hard time seeing this idea to apeal to the mass public, and now that we got some that are interested, i think it could be a while before we fill up these last numbers. I've seen far to many RP's lost because we had to wait for three-one players missing from the ideal number.

Offline The Great Triangle

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »
I think I'll go with Nozomu Itoshiki, even though he's a much less combat oriented character.  He probably got into the animangaverse as a result of a botched suicide attempt.  The man is impossible to kill, due to uncanny luck and extreme survival instincts; any time something would kill him, he miraculously escapes, suffering at the absolute maximum superficial injuries that put him into a short term coma. 

(In the show, this required one of his students to sodomize his dog, brutally beat his head in with a baseball bat, then blow up his house around him with a massive quanitity of explosives.  He was on his feet again within a week.)

Nozomu is very old-fashioned, and he'd interact interestinly with people from classical era Japan.  He's also very very interested in rope work, for obvious reasons (hanging himself) and is implicitly into shibari.  Some of his other hobbies include caligraphy, looking for good places to kill himself, and finding dramatic moments to shout "I AM IN DESPAIR!" 

Here's the opening of the anime, to extablish the mood of the character:  (he's the guy in the glasses and the formal kimono)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP

And an AMV, of Itoshiki's various suicide attempts:

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei AMV - Suicide

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »
alright, as of tomorrow we will start this game officially, but for now I am off to bed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:22:13 PM by DigitLninja »

Offline Major Major

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
ok. PM us with the location when you start.

Offline Haibane

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2010, 05:25:12 AM »
I hate to seem like im nagging, but it seems to me we have enough people to start.  I have a hard time seeing this idea to apeal to the mass public, and now that we got some that are interested, i think it could be a while before we fill up these last numbers. I've seen far to many RP's lost because we had to wait for three-one players missing from the ideal number.
/\ agrees. I've seen promising games fold before they even started because some players got bored waiting and dropped out while the GM was holding out for more to arrive ;(

Also, nice to have you with us GT; it's been a while, eh? I think the last time we were in the same game was that (sadly) aborted S.O.S. Brigade game...

I may need to have a fair bit of the universe we are in 'painted' for us as a setting by you DigitaLninja, I tend to crave information in order to be able to plant my characters into an alien world. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:26:45 AM by Haibane »

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2010, 08:59:37 AM »
The OOC is up and running, let's start filling it with our story line ideas ^^

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
and now the In Character thread is up. Let's get it started in here.

Offline Shade

• Son of the Silver Fang Secret's Red Lollipop Beneath the olive tree is Shade
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2010, 02:56:26 AM »
Is it too late to join this game?

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:38 AM »
Nope

Offline Haibane

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:23 AM »
The GM will correct me if I'm wrong, Shade, but I think this is the kind of game it's never too late to join ;)

Drop on by the OOC thread and say hello.