Interest Check: James Bond RPG

Started by Lord Mayerling, May 08, 2010, 09:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

I would like to run a James Bond game here at E for some interested players. The game would involve the players playing agents in MI6, and going on a Bond-movie or Bond-novel adventure. The game would not star 007 himself; instead, the characters would get to try to be like him: saving the world from over-the-top arch villians, or the dark shroud of the KGB and the Soviet Union. As the above implies, the game would take place in the 1980s, when the Cold War was still going strong. I'd like to play with one to three other players, either on IM or here on the forums.

So if you want to be a British badass, drive hot cars and hot people, gamble, play with explosives, and save the day...you might just really like this game. Feel free to post questions to this thread or PM.

-JB

Gosco

I haven't thought of a character yet, but I'd like to play a villain if you haven't got one in mind.
What would the world be like without the creative? Always the same.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Imogen

-laughs- That was kind of my reaction too. I'd be interested in one of the expendable villains. You know the type, like
Fiona in Thunderball. Smart, sexy and dead well before the end of the movie.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Gosco

Well we could always be the villains together.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Lord Mayerling

Typically the players play the good guys...this is certainly a curve ball. Or should I say a wicked googly?

Playing as a villian, or a pair of villians (which is very common in the JB adventures) would you be willing to lose?

Gosco

Imogen

Of course!! That's the villain's job ;-) In a James Bond adventure, at least! For me, I was just intending as a guest appearance, showing up when some NPC needs to be shot and a villainess needs to be chased across a parkour of odd objects, to escape and show up later for a brief dalliance, only to be shot or otherwise killed several scenes after ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

Excellent...I think this could work and be incoporated. I might need a bad guys thread to show the bad guy scenes...otherwise you'll just be sitting around until MI6 solves the mystery. Even better...this thread could be in PM so the good guys can't get any insight to what's going on.

Gosco

Sounds good, I'll think up a character and his plot to destroy or rule the world and send it in a PM for you to consider.

Lord Mayerling

Ok.

Just so you know you two are so far the only ones with any interest...no bites on being the good guys.

Imogen

Well hun, if you twist my arm I'll happily play evil just for your secret agent :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

That's an interesting idea...

I could be the secret agent...and you guys the villians...hmm...

Imogen

Oh, and there could be the leading lady, perhaps a Felix Leiter or a vixen from the Deuxieme Bureau..and more MI6 if people want. There are so many possible roles in a James Bond setting it makes the head spin :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

Wow...nice...

Leading ladies are always cool...I'm rather fond of Melinda Havalock from For Your Eyes Only.

Imogen

Oh, I like your taste, Mayerling. She is gorgeous! Claudine Auger in Thunderball wasn't bad either but the Melina Havelock character beats many other leading ladies in style and participation :-) Barbara Bach wasn't bad either as Anya Amasova in the Spy who loved me, although I wasn't too fond of that movie. Did like Jaws tho, it's always fun to see one of the larger than life baddies being played with so much obvious enthusiasm!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

So now, Imogen, are you looking to play a protagonist instead of antagonist?

Imogen

I'll stick to my expendable lil villainess if that's okay :-) Those are the flavor of the stories for me. Characters like Miranda Frost or Elektra King alone make a movie worth watching ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

mmmm....Elektra King...she was really the only redeeming quality of that movie.

Ok. This could be cool...I'll play the secret agent, and you guys can play the bad guys.

Imogen

The thread has only been up a couple of hours. You'll likely get more interest. I'd be surprised if the leading lady role won't fill up ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Zebu

Heh.  I can see why there'd be more draw to the villains than the protagonist for this one-- if it's going to be based off the novels, Bond was a relentlessly misogynistic sadist.  Still, it'd be just plain wrong for there to be more players on the side of evil than the side of good.  Consider me interested-- I'm willing do anything from a bit part "local contact" to the licensed killer himself.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Lord Mayerling

This works much better...as I'd rather GM than play the secret agent.

midnight diamond

Oooh! I wanna play! Mm...MI6, I think *grins*

Major Major

I wouldn't mind having a go at this, as an MI6 agent who gets dragged into field work against his will, sort of thing, you know?

Anathanasia

I'm interested too, at least in finding out how you want to do this, ie, freeform or system? What's the adult content supposed to be like? I like games to at least have the possibility of NC, and it does seem that Bond is always getting into trouble, and we're not even likely to be that good, are we? ;)

If I got into this, I would definitely be wanting to play one of the MI6 operatives. A hot, tough girl who suffers from frequent wardrobe malfunctions...

Incidentally, even though there's been so many beautiful women in Bond movies, I think Honor Blackman is still my favorite. But then that might be because she was so awesome in the very early Avengers episodes too!  ;D

A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Mithlomwen

I'd love to play a minor character of some sort, if there is something like that available. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...