You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 03:04:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Chat Log In  (Read 433 times)

Offline alxnjshTopic starter

Chat Log In
« on: May 07, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
I'm just curious about the chat log in.

It appears very random - some days I don't have to log into it, some days every time I go into it. It doesn't appear to have any correlation to being logged into E at the time, if I've cleared cookies, or anything.

Is there a rhyme or reason or just one of those technological flukes that one will never know?

Online Vekseid

Re: Chat Log In
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
I never looked into it, AJAX chat maintains sessions separately from the forums themselves.

Offline alxnjshTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
I never looked into it, AJAX chat maintains sessions separately from the forums themselves.

No worries, just curious.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »
If you don't click into or talk in the SB for a certain period of time, it logs you out. That period is roughly 10 minutes, I think. When you click into the textbox of the SB, regardless of whether you say anything in the SB, it logs you back in. Therefore, if you've clicked into the textbox within about 10 minutes of bringing up the separate Ajax window, it considers you logged in and pulls your login details from the forum. If you have not clicked into the textbox or spoken in the SB for a time, it has logged you out and requires you to log back into Ajax when you bring up the separate window.

That is, at least, in my experience.