I miss you so much (looking for male characters)

Started by Samantha, April 29, 2010, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha

I'm big on historical romances, meaning, for me, it COULD have happened in that time period, or modern ones as well, so that's what most of my ideas center around I'm a huge romanticist.... I'll also include some general ideas at the end of my post.

I'm looking for a few things in my new partners:

- Please be able to post at least one paragraph though I prefer around three, I'm willing to do two. I understand that some posts will be shorter, and that's fine. And my paragraphs on this site  tend to be three or more lines when using standard text.

- Please let me know how often you're on/ how often you post, I'm on most of the time and check quite often.

- I'd like help adding to the ideas, so your thoughts are helpful! If you have any suggestions that might change my original idea, I'm pretty open! So I'd like to hear them. This is supposed to be a partnership in writing, so one person with absolutely ALL the ideas gets quite tedious... And makes me not want to continue with the game.

- Open communication! Via pm, im, email, or what-have-yous. For story ideas, as well as if you're enjoying the game or not. And if you aren't liking the game, just say so! Its not going to hurt my feelings, we could either try to fix the problem or discontinue the game at our discretion.

- Other than that just have fun!

I suggest looking at my ons and offs (link is located in my signature), it explains me fairly well, I generally look at my partners as well to help me figure out more about them.

I'd like longer termed rps, although I know they won't last forever. As for post length, lately I've been somewhat long winded, but they generally don't stay that long unless my partner gives me that much to keep going on. But even my shorter one's I like to keep around a paragraph's length.

As for frequency, I'm on most of the time, I get on through my phone (yes, I've even typed out this message on it) so unless I'm sleeping, I'm constantly checking, I'd like posts to be as much as possible, but I do realize that's not realistic for everyone, so just let me know about how often you do post (either through pm or in this thread) and we'll go from there. 

Oh, and one last thing, I am attracted to both sexes, but I have lately wanting to rp with male characters, and will always play the female lead unless othewrwise noted.

I'm going to rate the rp's based on how badly I'd like to play them, the more *'s, the more I'd like to play it out!

Without further ado, my ideas:

Ideas based on the Past

Based in the 1800’s unless otherwise noted (some we could modernize):

*I Didn’t Mean to Fall for You
   This one is just based in the old west. A small western town, the only form of entertainment is a hotel brothel, where women have been collected and made to serve sexual favors for the males that come through the town.  My character is the only girl that will stand up to the men; in return, the owner as well as some of the ill-tempered customers often beat her. But she stands out, and is often sought after, she wants to leave, and above that, she wants love. Knowing she’ll never find it, she grows tired of hoping and gives up, turning cynical and doesn’t rust any man.
   A newcomer comes along, he doesn’t want to see any woman be used or hurt in any way, will he fall for her, and recapture her hope? Will he find her passion that she hides deep inside?

****It’s Almost Over
   Her parents needed the money, she felt like the entire situation was her fault, but she didn’t know it would come to such extreme measures. She was sold to slave auctioneers and taken to America to be sold as a white slave. She did not accept her new role well, often getting hit for arguing, or receiving punishment in other ways, she even tried to run away, she didn’t care that she didn’t know where she was, but as soon as she was caught, she was from then on kept in a locked cage.
   He was under pressure; he needed to be married before his father returned in a few short months. None of the society women around suited him or his tastes, the only option was to go to the slave yards and try to find someone suitable.
   Will this unexpected circumstance bring them closer together? Though forced to be married, will they fall in love?

***I Swore I’d Loathe You for Eternity
   Arranged marriages were often formed between families of lower gentry to upper society to help families have stronger ties to the world above, or for financial reason their daughters were sworn to other families. Here’s ideas based on the arranged marriages of son and daughters:
   A masquerade, a young man and woman meet up and fall for each other, knowing that they are sworn to other people.  Then they meet their betrothed, only to find that they’re sworn to each other, but can’t say anything to anyone, but secretly they’re happy at the turn of events.
   A couple of weeks before they’re supposed to marry, they just find out that they have been arranged to wed someone they’ve never met. They might have already fallen for someone else, or not, depending on what we decide, and at first things aren’t going well for the couple. They clash on all levels, and even after the wedding they are still angry with each other for their life’s events. But something happens, an illness, or something of the sort, and one takes care of the other, and they start to fall for each other.
   The same idea as above, but only they know about it for their lives and never meet or know what each other’s appearances are until their wedding ceremony.

*****When Strangers Marry
   She is engaged to a man whom she despises; he is disgusting, and will only try to break her spirit. Her stepfather has done this on purpose, he wants her to be miserable, and the man has offered to pay for her, since he is an avid gambler, he accepts the offer, its just a bonus that he’ll be paid for her.
   Knowing she will hate her life, the young woman decides to run away. The only down side to this is that the area is surrounded by swamps and bayous, she gets bitten by insects, muddy, and above all tired. Somehow, she is found by someone, either the man himself, a worker, or maybe a son of his, and taken to the owner of the land. He is the sworn enemy of her betrothed and would do anything to get back at him, and/or to duel him.
   She is the perfect way to do so, by keeping her at his estate, he jeopardizes her honor, it could be his plan to use her and discard her, but does she capture his attention and his heart?
   I have LOTS of ideas for this roleplay, so lets talk about ideas!

***By Way of the Sea
   Travelling to the United States was a treacherous one in this time period, it was slow, and took months depending on to and from you were going. A month long at least on the open seas, they were travelling to New Orleans from France to meet his family for the first time. They were married just before they’d departed for their trip.  Pirates ran the seas, and rarely got caught; they overtook ships, stole their goods, killed the men, and raped the women.
    Their ship was taken over by some of the most horrible pirates she’d heard about, seeing her dead husband floating in the empty sea, she went into instant shock. Knowing her fate, all she could do was plead, one pirate takes mercy on her, let alone recognizing his brother, he realizes soon after that they were married, though he hadn’t claimed his well-known family in years, he makes it his goal to help her and get her to her new family safely.
   They still have weeks until they would make it to New Orleans,  they spend time together, he finds her attractive and wants her, she finds him attractive, but doesn’t know who he is, and is still fighting to control her emotions over her deceased husband.
   Will they fall for each other? He will have to open up beyond what he had done in a long time; maybe this will be his first time opening up for a woman at all. What lies ahead for them?

****You Caught Me When I was falling
   In the 1800s, a woman came out to society when she was between the ages of 19-21, meaning, she was ready to be married off.  It was only socially acceptable to go through five seasons to search for a suitable husband, and to be properly courted then married. If you did not find your match in that time period, the woman would be come to be a spinster, she was unable to be married and would be a burden on her family.
   My character is in her last season, and has to find a husband, her family depends on it, since her father died, their finances have steadily declined, they had to sell anything and everything in order to survive in the only world they know how to live in, the lavish and rich society world. Finding a suitable husband is the only way to survive, but society men only see how to use women in this situation rather than help them.
   It was also frowned upon in society to be a working class person in their world, an entrepreneur. But he finds his knack for business and some of the ‘up to date’ society members, the ones who realized that change was coming to their world, have led him to be permitted into the gatherings, parties and soirees of the upper class.
   He finds her interesting, and manipulates the situation into his favor that she might accept his proposal, seeing as how she would never do it willingly, she knows she shouldn’t be choosy, but she is too proud to accept anything other than what she needed. Eventually does she give in to her needs of title and money or the feelings inside her heart, which would still help financially?

*****You’re More Than a Simple Temptation
   As time moved on, her family fell further and further out of the peerage, after a series of unfortunate deaths, their family was brought back into their world of high class peers. The family is constantly ostracized but it effects them none, they stick together. But she longs for normalcy, her family is anything but with the strange deaths, strange animals, and house fires that brought them to stay at a hotel while their home was being rebuilt.
   After two seasons, she thinks that a new chance of life is coming, and that her perfect suitor will soon ask to court her. It was just a matter of time, but when one of his love letters goes awry, it leads her to meet the mysterious hotel owner who is intrigued by her personality as well as her appearance. When he wants something, he’ll get it, he happened to be the one to find her letter without her knowledge; will he use it to intervene on the couple? Or will he try to be honorable in getting the thing he desires most?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and to be loved in return. ~Moulin Rouge~

~Ons and Offs~
 Here is the link to my O/O thread please take a look if you're interested in writing with me. I will say that long-lasting role plays are my favorite, and romances.

If you are interested in roleplaying, please send me a private message so we can chat more!

I look forward to hearing from you!

[/url]

Samantha

I'm going to bump this as well... please check my other ideas, my modern ones.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and to be loved in return. ~Moulin Rouge~

~Ons and Offs~
 Here is the link to my O/O thread please take a look if you're interested in writing with me. I will say that long-lasting role plays are my favorite, and romances.

If you are interested in roleplaying, please send me a private message so we can chat more!

[/url]

TenchuFall

Samantha

Trying this again, had some problems last time.... pm me@

~Ons and Offs~

[/url]

Jeno Veritas

Quote from: Samantha on April 29, 2010, 01:25:43 PM
Based in the 1800’s unless otherwise noted (some we could modernize):

*I Didn’t Mean to Fall for You
   This one is just based in the old west. A small western town, the only form of entertainment is a hotel brothel, where women have been collected and made to serve sexual favors for the males that come through the town.  My character is the only girl that will stand up to the men; in return, the owner as well as some of the ill-tempered customers often beat her. But she stands out, and is often sought after, she wants to leave, and above that, she wants love. Knowing she’ll never find it, she grows tired of hoping and gives up, turning cynical and doesn’t rust any man.
   A newcomer comes along, he doesn’t want to see any woman be used or hurt in any way, will he fall for her, and recapture her hope? Will he find her passion that she hides deep inside?

*****When Strangers Marry
   She is engaged to a man whom she despises; he is disgusting, and will only try to break her spirit. Her stepfather has done this on purpose, he wants her to be miserable, and the man has offered to pay for her, since he is an avid gambler, he accepts the offer, its just a bonus that he’ll be paid for her.
   Knowing she will hate her life, the young woman decides to run away. The only down side to this is that the area is surrounded by swamps and bayous, she gets bitten by insects, muddy, and above all tired. Somehow, she is found by someone, either the man himself, a worker, or maybe a son of his, and taken to the owner of the land. He is the sworn enemy of her betrothed and would do anything to get back at him, and/or to duel him.
   She is the perfect way to do so, by keeping her at his estate, he jeopardizes her honor, it could be his plan to use her and discard her, but does she capture his attention and his heart?
   I have LOTS of ideas for this roleplay, so lets talk about ideas!

The above 2 stories caught my eye... pondering which to go for. I will let you know once I have decided. By the way, I am kinda new in forum base RP, bear with me if we were to RP.
[tr][td]
O/O[/td][td]
A/A[/td][td]StoryTeller's Cafe[/td][td]Want to be a mentor?
[/td][td]
HP?[/td][/tr][/table]