News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Excersise stuff

Started by RP7466, April 20, 2010, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP7466

Has anybody tried the HIIT or Turbulence system. Also has anybody tried the Methyl Ripped suppliment. I reached a plateau and need to switch things up.

Back to class
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Oniya

I'm sure that the more physically-inclined will pop in before long, but a little Googling shows that 'Methyl Ripped' is essentially a caffeine pill, not a supplement.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xanatos

All you really need to do is eat healthy and push yourself and you can achieve the same results as any of those athletes. Supplements are gimmick's and probably don't work, if they do, why bother paying more for one bottle/program when you could buy several meals worth of healthy food which is better in the long run.

I am currently exercising and I am seeing results and I do not take any gimmicky supplements; the only thing I lack thus far for the serious results is the desire and more importantly the time to gain the athlete quality results.

If your not talking about supplements specifically, sorry, that's the impression I got from reading your statement. 

Paradox

If you want a good supplement, go with Creatine. It helps reduce your recovery time and increase muscle deposition. I use it all the time, as do hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of gym-goers across America and Europe. I recommend Body Fortress or Six Star, but most brands are good.

As for HIIT, it's great if you do it right. From what I've heard, read, seen, and experienced, it's better than just running at the same pace for the same amount of time. It seems to be better for fat-loss, but it has good cardio benefits as well.

If you're referring to the Turbulence Training For Fat Loss book, it combines both cardio and weights, so it's a bit different than HIIT; however, it does seem to be effective from what I've seen. It all really depends on your body and what your goals are. Because it combines exercise and weight-training, I'd go with Turbulence simply because the addition of weight-training will enhance your results; however, if you're on a tight budget and can't afford the book, go with the free HIIT resources online until you can afford it.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

RP7466

quote author=Xanatos link=topic=66635.msg2955640#msg2955640 date=1271783470]
All you really need to do is eat healthy and push yourself and you can achieve the same results as any of those athletes. Supplements are gimmick's and probably don't work, if they do, why bother paying more for one bottle/program when you could buy several meals worth of healthy food which is better in the long run.

I am currently exercising and I am seeing results and I do not take any gimmicky supplements; the only thing I lack thus far for the serious results is the desire and more importantly the time to gain the athlete quality results.

If your not talking about supplements specifically, sorry, that's the impression I got from reading your statement. 
[/quote]

Ive been doing the diet and exercise deal for quite a while and am in good shape (performance and body composition), I spent 5 years in the infantry so I know how to be healthy and in good physical condition. But I hit a wall and am not making anymore gains so now I'm changing up and looking for a little kick to take it that extra step

Quote from: Paradox on April 20, 2010, 01:47:32 PM
If you want a good supplement, go with Creatine. It helps reduce your recovery time and increase muscle deposition. I use it all the time, as do hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of gym-goers across America and Europe. I recommend Body Fortress or Six Star, but most brands are good.

As for HIIT, it's great if you do it right. From what I've heard, read, seen, and experienced, it's better than just running at the same pace for the same amount of time. It seems to be better for fat-loss, but it has good cardio benefits as well.

If you're referring to the Turbulence Training For Fat Loss book, it combines both cardio and weights, so it's a bit different than HIIT; however, it does seem to be effective from what I've seen. It all really depends on your body and what your goals are. Because it combines exercise and weight-training, I'd go with Turbulence simply because the addition of weight-training will enhance your results; however, if you're on a tight budget and can't afford the book, go with the free HIIT resources online until you can afford it.
From what I understand they are both essentially the same as far as high intensity interval training with 2:1 workout rest ratio, the difference being types and order of exercise, i think. As far as supplements I'm not looking so much for the muscle building supplements, I was blessed with that end of things, but more the fat loss part. I'm in good shape and have good muscle mass, I'm looking more for something to help loose the extra little bit to really get cut.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Paradox

You're right about the similarities; however, like I said earlier, Turbulence uses weights, and HIIT doesn't. So it's basically weight training combined with HIIT.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker