Divines Role Play

Started by Interested, April 12, 2010, 01:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

A game where we would role play as gods and goddesses is an idea that I work well with.. A character sheet would look like this;

Name:
God/Goddess Of:
Alignment: (Pick 1 of 3, good, evil, or unaligned)

The game would start the beginning of Creation, a new Galaxy in the Universe. We'd start with only 1 planet and then move on to Underworlds, Moons, and eventually other worlds again.

Superserious

I'd be interested, can you make up a God or does it have to be like, Greek or anything?

Interested

Here's the Character Sheet.

Name: Orzza
Way of coming into being At the same time that the Primordial gods existed Orzza existed as an unconcious thing, much like a rock is there, but has no life. When the gods ____, ____, and ____ decided to create magic, they formed Orzza's mind from his own body, the Void.
Relatives: His parents are ____, ____, and ____.. who are really his makers.
Gender: Preference to male in some cultures, and female in others. In some he is both, and in some he has no gender.
Field(s)/domain(s): Magic, Making/Forging, The Void
Bio: Orzza is the Great Old One.... Born of the Primordials.... There is not much that can be said of his deeds at this time.
Personality:Orzza is very dynamic, since the nature of magic is change. He can be cruel, cunning and wicked one moment and innocent, pure and loving the next. The over-all theme of Orzza, however, is knowledge. He loves to teach, and even when he is evil he will leave a lasting positive impression on his victims through strengthening them with knowledge.
On the other hand, Orzza is never stupid, he is a political mastermind among the gods. He wants neither kingship of the gods or subordination; he prefers a place somewhere in the middle where he can interferre and not be interferred with.
Appearance: Sometimes Orzza appears as a wizened old man or woman, other times he may appear as a younger version of man or woman. He always, however has a pet with him, whether it is a raven, cat, or owl.
Ambitions: Orzza has a mysterious purpose with the Void... Eventually, he plans to become all-knowing and all-powerful.
Allies or enemies: He has none, and he is sad that the Primordials have to go. So far, he is neutral in the conflict.
Tool (if any): The Staff Of Void : Whenever Orzza calls on the Void for power, the Staff makes the magical effects much more potent

Superserious

Do I post a Character sheet if I wanna join?

Arion

Believe it or not, I actually have a set of free-form LARP rules somewhere for a game similar to this idea...

Name  Arradion (also known as the Star-born, the Wanderer in Darkness, and the Divided One)

Creation  In the beginning there was the void, and the stars.  And one day, two stars collided; unleashing massive energies; from this       violence Arradion was born, coming into the world fully formed and aware, with the soul of an old god.

Relatives  Arradion, having been born of a natural event, has no known relatives amongst the gods, though it is unkown what caused that event...

Gender  Male

Domain  Arradion is a god of dualities, and thus his portfolio consists of light and darkness, destruction and creation, and any dual force. 

Bio  Newly formed though with an ancient soul, Arradion is a new player in the realm of the gods, an unknown force.  To date he has abstained from divine matters, waiting for the correct time to make his official appearance.

Personality  Being a god of dualities, Arradion's demeanor can change unexpectedly, one moment laughing and the next grim.  His moods are no capricious though, and there are deeper forces working within him than others might first suspect.

Appearance  In his normal godly form, Arradion appears as a young man with glowing blue-white eyes and wearing a simple woolen tunic, his hair short and white; upon looking closely one can see that tiny stars dance just beneath his obsidian skin.  In his guise as Star-Born, he appears as a pulsating nimbus of fiery blue light.  As the Wanderer in Darkness, he is a wise old man with leathery skin and milky-white blind eyes, wearing simple commoner's clothing and carrying a polished cedar staff.  Lastly, as the Divide One he appears as identical twins, both male, one with obsidian skin and white features, the other with white skin and obsidian features; the twins will converse with one another and even argue amongst themselves, but speak and act in unison towards anyone else.

Ambitions  At the moment Arradion seems merely content to watch the other gods; his long term goal is to create a race to worship him and bring it to dominance over the world, though he has not spoken of this to anyone yet.

Tools  When he was born, Arradion was holding the Story of Lives, a book that recounts the life of every living thing from the moment it is concieved until the moment it perishes.  It is rumored that there is a companion tome titled the Story of Gods, but no one has ever seen it...

That ought to do it...
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Interested

O.kk.. That will do.. .but characters can still play more specialized gods with a dual component of course.

Interested

If any of you two would like to relocate this game... it has started on GITP here...http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149275&page=2

I am not the GM of the game. Oh, and please don't put a link there to this site, because it is a very "non-adult" website dedicated to just role playing.