background color for forum topics

Started by FeBurns, April 09, 2010, 09:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeBurns

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me the hex code for the background color of forum topics, it looks like a gray-blue sort of color.  I'm experimenting with some png graphics for my O/O's and wanted to matte the gif.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

~FeBurns~

Oniya

Do you mean for the posts themselves, or the overall background?  Just so you're aware, there are two shades of gray-blue used for the individual posts, and they alternate over the course of a thread.

Using a screen-cap and Paint Shop Pro, I got the following values:

E7EAEF - darker 'post background'
F0F4F7 - lighter 'post background'
FFFFFF - overall background (which means that my monitor is probably dusty.  I wasn't thinking that was white)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

FeBurns

Hi Oniya, thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize about that alternating color until you just pointed it out.  I was referring to the actual posts themselves.  Do you know if they always start with the darker of the two colors?  Do you know what the hex #'s are?

Oniya

Just added the hex values to my initial reply.  I'm pretty sure that it always starts with the darker one.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

FeBurns

Thank you so much, I see them now.  I had not finished my cup of coffee and didn't read your initial post thoroughly before shooting my mouth off.  I see the colors now.

You're fantastic, thank you! 

FeBurns

And I also see that you just added them in an edit.  So god I need to finish coffee before posting here at all. 

Oniya

It's okay - I probably should have done all the sampling and converting (PSP gives me the numbers in decimal) before hitting that initial 'send'.

FeBurns

It was very cool of you to do that, thank you!