Interest Check. Zombies.

Started by TheHangedOne, April 09, 2010, 08:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hera

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on April 16, 2010, 02:58:52 AM

EDIT: "Hmm... everyone seems to be a stand up, pleasant type of citizen, people who want to help people..."

You may have missed this guy  :P

Name: Henry Almark
Sex: Male
Education: high school diploma, working on his history degree in college

equipment: a 9 mm handgun, printless gloves, lock pick, fishing wire,5 or 6 clips of handgun ammo for the handgun that's on him at all times, lubricant (for squeaky hinges), and a mask

I'll try to post tonight when I get home.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Hera on April 16, 2010, 07:13:21 AM
You may have missed this guy  :P

Name: Henry Almark
Sex: Male
Education: high school diploma, working on his history degree in college

equipment: a 9 mm handgun, printless gloves, lock pick, fishing wire,5 or 6 clips of handgun ammo for the handgun that's on him at all times, lubricant (for squeaky hinges), and a mask

I'll try to post tonight when I get home.

"Pretty minor sounding, a guy who likes danger, but he reads as pretty minor, thievery on occasion, has a gun for the shooting range... I was talking on the lines of Jien here, who is a high school drop out, everyone sees him as a 'thug' or wash out or whatever."

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 16, 2010, 04:49:19 AM

Approved. Should make for some interesting group dynamics if he gets together with the other survivors.  As far as crime goes, it's minor, but present in Miskatonic. People might get beat up, stuff gets stolen, but outright murder is incredibly rare, and likely to get a TON of attention. Just an FYI.

Also, good point. I was just thinking we could keep this thread for the character sheets, but if it sounds like a good idea to the others, I could put up a post that's only for the sheets.  It would be easier that way, but I'm putting it to a vote.

"Note, Jien is not overtly violent, except that one incident, he's kept to himself, and sells drugs and such, and keeps out of trouble by knowing the cops, and playing narc when he can get away with it. While writing his bio, I intended him to be a big infamous guy."

"Personally, if you want us to keep them up ourselves, I'd say make a specific thread for it so we can just post our own profile and update it."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

pendarious

well i don't want him to be an ourtright attention getter with his "slightly crroked ways" but i didn't want a character who was screwed when face to face with a locked door either.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

LIAR

People change under stress. Just because bio puts them as nice guy or mean guy, who knows how they'll change given circumstances =]

Urbanzorro

This is very true, danger has a way of bringing out the best and the worst in us.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

pendarious

well...as i said about henry he's a fairly nice guy but he's a bit paranoid so....
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Chaelim

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Yeah, not trying to stir anything there. Just saying that there wasn't really a totally on the other side of the law type."

pendarious

it's cool i didn't feel offended in anyway. i was jsut saying that's how i described him. i mean there isn't any point in being annoyed over a game right?*laughs*

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Depends, I've gotten irritated over people making games not fun..."

"Either way, just like to make sure, don't have inflection to go by online. It's generally easy to assume people won't be mature, of course Elliquiy is a place where I am usually proven wrong, however, better to err on the side of caution."

pendarious

well you have a point about it being ok to be irritated at people who sap the fun from a game.

don't worry i prefer to be mature and talk things over before getting angry.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Good, then I like you already."

pendarious

*laughs* that's good to know. after all i find it dumb when people get all angry without talking things out cuz then the angry person may miss out on some details that may have slipped their notice.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"It seems we've got a few less people than signed up, and the game could use a few more players. It wouldn't hurt to have another female at the very least, though I can't say what Hanged would say is ideal for the group size."

TheHangedOne

I'd like to see a total of 5 players, but I think we could handle 6-8 if more are interested. Interested? Post a character idea and wait for the yay/nay. Got an idea you want to run by me, PM me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

First time I see this thread, but I could offer this badass girl to join your crew:

----

ManyMindsManyVoices

"If I remember correctly, Hanged was looking for more normal everyday type folk, who are less likely to have much zombie killing skill. I guess it's good to reiterate that, however, it is, again, Hanged's call."

TheHangedOne

Howdy Elfguy. =) Need a little more than a character picture, I'm afraid.  Here's something I snipped from the first page, the character sheet I'd like to see. The first page has a lot more info about the setting, too.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 10, 2010, 12:02:13 PM
Name:
Education:
Job:
Personal Skills:
Equipment:
Personality blurb:
History blurb:

I believe most of it is self explanatory. You are assumed to be competent in your job and have all the requisite skills that go with it. Personal skills is anything your character is particularly good at, but is a skill that would not fit with their job, such as a chef who is a crack shot with a pistol because he spends every Saturday at the shooting range.

Equipment is what you will start with. As the game progresses you may acquire and lose items, and while I realize it might be a bit of a pain, I'll ask that people keep their profile updated whenever they gain or lose something. Starting equipment should fit the job; an EMT may have an ambulance, and lots of medicine, for instance. If your character has a piece of equipment that doesn't typically go with the job (like an EMT with a shotgun), their history should support how/why they have the things they do, especially if it's heavy firepower.

Please write as much (or as little) as you'd like about your characters personality and history; these are things I will keep in mind when setting up the scenes of the game.
Addendum, to all would-be players:  Do keep in mind I am going for SURVIVOR-HORROR, not ACTION HERO game play here. 
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Name: Jessica
Sex: f
Education: High school only
Job: Spent 3 years in the Marines, now works part-times as a security guard in a bar
Personal Skills: Strong, highly skilled with guns and her sword.
Equipment: Two handguns, Katana, ripped shirt, ripped jeans, running shoes, sunglasses
Personality blurb: Jessica thinks highly of herself, arrogant, condescending, has a hard time making friends.
History blurb: All her life she's been a tom-boy, playing with weapons, target shooting, going out hunting, etc. Was bored as hell at school, and left right after high-school, heading to the military instead of college. Spent 3 years there, where she did a pretty good job, always getting top scores at shooting ranges, and getting into action several times overseas. She received an administrative discharge after getting into some trouble over drug use. She has been working security jobs since then. When the zombies came, she knew right away that things would be going bad. She grabbed her guns and decided that she would survive.

----

TheHangedOne

Sounds pretty good, but before I approve, what kind of handguns are they?  Going to need to keep track of the bullets, too.  Don't worry about picking out a specific handgun from the millions that exist in the world, it can be generic, as other characters have done. (9mm pistol, .22 revolver, 12 gauge shotgun, just as an example.) Sorry to nitpick, but it's part of the experience I'm going for.

Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 14, 2010, 08:54:38 AM
Sounds pretty good, but before I approve, what kind of handguns are they?  Going to need to keep track of the bullets, too.  Don't worry about picking out a specific handgun from the millions that exist in the world, it can be generic, as other characters have done. (9mm pistol, .22 revolver, 12 gauge shotgun, just as an example.) Sorry to nitpick, but it's part of the experience I'm going for.

They are M9 service weapons, 15-round magazines. She has no extra magazine on her.
----

TheHangedOne

Groovy. Elfguy is approved, then.

Do we have anyone else interested? Anybody at all?
Check out my poet tree!