Unread bookmark notification?

Started by grdell, April 07, 2010, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdell

I keep all of the stories I'm in bookmarked. Is it possible to have some sort of indication (like there is on the My Messages tab) when there is a new unread reply?
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Mithlomwen

I have my stories bookmarked as well, and whenever there is a new reply to them, they will have the (new) icon at the end of the title of the story.  Exactly like it is on the forums when there is a new reply to a thread. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

grdell

Yes, I know that much. What I was asking for was some kind of indication on the homepage next to the "Bookmarks" link. Like when you have a new PM, there is a "[1]" next to the "My Messages" link.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Mithlomwen

Ohhhh sorry.  I misunderstood what you were asking...   :-[

*leaves it to the ones more qualified to answer* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

HockeyGod

Quote from: grdell on April 07, 2010, 02:24:07 PM
Yes, I know that much. What I was asking for was some kind of indication on the homepage next to the "Bookmarks" link. Like when you have a new PM, there is a "[1]" next to the "My Messages" link.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I would love this  ;D

Caeli

I think it might be cool, but only in some circumstances. >_> I would have a perpetual [1] next to it for threads that I don't always look at right away, which would annoy the crap out of me.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HockeyGod

Quote from: Caeli on April 07, 2010, 03:39:24 PM
I think it might be cool, but only in some circumstances. >_> I would have a perpetual [1] next to it for threads that I don't always look at right away, which would annoy the crap out of me.

I have that now using the unread post link. I've limited the boards that appear in it, but I don't think you can do this at the thread level. If that was possible it would be great too!

Milanthe

There's a little button called 'notify', I keep all my current threads in this list and only bookmark old ones.  With notify, you can ask to be e-mailed or otherwise notified if there's a change to a thread.
Back from the deadish...  I hope...  Is deadish a word?