You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:59:07 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Chris Angel, Destroyer of Psychics!  (Read 453 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Chris Angel, Destroyer of Psychics!
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »
Yes, its a little old, but still postworthy :)

Phenomenon: Jim Callahan Gets owned by Criss Angel

Offline Wolfy

Re: Chris Angel, Destroyer of Psychics!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
O_o...Chris Angel just uses muscle memory...or...something like that...I dunno what it's called.

But you notice how he either closely watches someone or places a hand on their shoulder whenever he does something involving some random person off the street?

That's because the body gives off cues during certain situations. For instance, you can tell someone is lying just by looking into their eyes. o3o

He also knows how to read muscle movements...people will tense up, ever so slightly, when, say, you have your hand over the cup that the ball is under (If they know it's under there)...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....yeah.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »
I'm not really a fan of street magic in general (though Chris is HOT) but he never calls himself a 'magician'. Its Illusionist and he never claims that his tricks are anything other then that. Tricks. Illusions. But people like John Edward pass their own illusions off as genuine paranormal skills, and it actually kind of pisses me off.

So seeing this video was like an epic karma win <3

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »
There was an episode of WWE RAW where Chris Angel demonstrated his ability by having one wrestler hide a sharp knife inside a paper cup that was inverted on the table with two other identical cups.  (Chris seems to be into the dramatic.)  I think he actually explained the fact that his hand on the wrestler's shoulder was there to tell when his free hand was over a safe cup (which he could then crush flat) or the knife (at which point, he 'changed his mind' and picked another cup.)

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:57 AM »
...What was in the envelope? o.o

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »
9/11. as in the date of the Trade Center bombing. Before he opened it, he asked the other guy if he's like to try. He went on some long, seemingly pointless rant, comparing his and Chris' age difference and something about learning to bend spoons... Chris took this as him dodging the question, but he used the numbers 9, 1, and then 1 in his speech o.O

Offline Tachi

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
Coincidence, Sabby. He's a magician, not a psychic. He just happens to be very good at his job and has worked long and hard to be able to manipulate peoples minds and guess what they'll do. People are predictable after a while. His show is entertaining though.