You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:43:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pell Grants  (Read 290 times)

Offline ParadoxTopic starter

Pell Grants
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
Is anyone around here familiar with Pell Grants? Specifically, does anyone know how to go about applying for one? I have looked online, but my searches only left me more confused.

I filled out my FAFSA form online and was told that, based on my EFC of 705, I am eligible for a Federal Pell Grant of up to $4800; however, that's all it said. There was no information about how to apply, just information what what a Pell Grant is as opposed to a loan.

Offline Caeli

Re: Pell Grants
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »
I thought that Pell Grants were disbursed automatically through your school's financial aid office, though I could be wrong.

Ask the financial aid office for more information. This is their job, after all.

Offline ParadoxTopic starter

Re: Pell Grants
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
True, Caeli. They're just closed until tomorrow morning, and I was trying to do some research ahead of time so I don't go in completely ignorant. They've been known to screw people over before, so I want to have my shit straight when I deal with them.

After having posted this topic, I found a few resources that basically said what you did-- it's automatically sent out after the FAFSA form has been analyzed. It's up to the student to accept or reject it. Thanks.