You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:52:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pokemon?  (Read 16144 times)

Offline DrFier

Re: Pokemon?
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:11 AM »
we are, though we are preferring Rocket Members, or at the very least prospective rocket members

I was thinking a rocket member, maybe a scientist?  For some reason I remember them always having scientists around.

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:40 AM »
*nods* there were a lot of 'scientist' rockets, who usually used magnemite and grimer for pokemon.

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2010, 03:34:04 AM »
At Nim's request, I'm posting these up here for you to decide. Should I possibly make a rocket member with mutant pokemon?

Offline Nim

« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:49 AM »
Owen glares at everyone with his glowing silver Demon Eyes.  *Everyone just bow your heads and say yes!

Eeeeps that was creepy... where the F*#@  did that come from.... hmmmmm   

Anyway Nim votes yes.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »
I was thinking of asking for a shiny on my team, I am a scientist, after all.  The mutant Pokémon idea seems interesting.  Would it necessarily be from the five ones you showed?

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:01 AM »
I showed 4, and no, not necessarily. I just made those for fun, and Nim thought it would be interesting to put them into the RP.

Being a scientist really has nothing to do with shinies, its just an oddity, like a breedable male calico cat.

Offline Lycan Queen

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
I say yes to the mutant pokemon. Also, my sheet is finished back on page 8. Anyone have a problem with my sheet?

Offline Shade

• Son of the Silver Fang Secret's Red Lollipop Beneath the olive tree is Shade
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
My vote for the mutant pokemon is also yes. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for something Team Rocket would try to do

Offline BraveEarth

« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
Mutant pokemon seems fine just explain what other things are different about them besideds aesthetics. I'm thinking my other character should be a physician of some sort. Team Rocket would need people like that right?

Offline Lycan Queen

« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
....So does my sheet work or not?

Offline BraveEarth

« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
It seems fine Lycan Queen I don't see anything that looks unacceptable

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »
Yea, its fine Lycan.

Also, with the mutants, of course they would be somewhat different from regular Pokemon, since they are genetically altered and whatnot. I'm even thinking of having the team member who uses them to be a clone herself...what do you think about that? Also, still working on more mutants, its rather fun to make them. If you have any suggestions for more mutants, I'd be happy to listen.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #212 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
The salamences looked cool. It would be interesting to see them running around.  Probably end up pretty funny, if they were each independent.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
I would think a scientist would be interested in something that only occurs in every 8 of 65,535 members of the species.

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #214 on: April 06, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
yes, but being interested in something and being lucky enough to actually find one are two different things. But if you want one of them to be shiny, I guess I could let that go.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »
There's methods to tracking them down, though.  If he really wanted one, It would just be a matter of effort.  Maybe my shiny could have something  to do with the experiments that created the mutant?

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »
I spent hours in my game trying to track down a shiny, it still relies on luck. But like I said, if you want one of them to be shiny, I'll let it be. I still haven't gotten any feedback to the whole my character being a clone idea though...
and when I say clone, think like how mewtwo was a clone.

Offline DrFier

« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
Ive never really tried, but I hear it can be done.

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »
I know about the pokeradar 'trick'. My point was that you still need a level of luck. Anyway, I made a couple more mutations...

Offline DrFier

« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
Both look rather awesome.  I do have a question about the game however, is it being run as a free-form or system game?

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »
freeform

Offline sinoraa

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »
"Houndoom howled, she recognized the trick as double team. At least now she knew three of its moves, only one would be a surprise, and she hoped not a bad one."

Were going game rules here that we only got four attacks?

Offline Shade

• Son of the Silver Fang Secret's Red Lollipop Beneath the olive tree is Shade
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »
I thought we were going to be a bit flexible with that rule... guess not

Offline Carlissa

« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
*Looks around* Hey, since we are introducing mutant pokemon into the RP (and apparently a demon xD), can I have a Zoroark?

Offline bluemoon

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
the problem with not limiting moves, is the fact that people will use any move that is super effective against their opponent that their pokemon could possibly learn. For me, I have my pokemon's movesets chosen already. I could increase it to six if everyone prefers, but no higher.

And Carli, the problem with Zorua and Zoroark is that we don't know any of its moves or anything. We know nothing but their looks, names, and types.