Post Apocolyptic (Modern/Future) D&D v 3.5

Started by Domw3rds Venom, April 21, 2010, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domw3rds Venom

I have been thinking of starting up a campaign, and as the title suggests it would be based on a destroyed planet. The countries have fallen apart and are much like the nation-states of the medieval days. With the crumbling of the major governments, new powers emerged, the few and far between. The days are dark and deadly, though there are those strong enough and possessing the skills (the players) to brave  and survive the wilds. A virus, among other things spread throughout the world, altering how everything went and created a new world. Another development, was the resurgence of magic. Making yet another resource for the powers to tap into and wage their wars.

In this world, many things have changed (based off the D&D v 3.5)... Some of which are new powers. New classes (psychic and noble). And new races (yeti - wookie template and lizardmen.)

I have other thoughts and other ideas... And I am even open to many more.

If you are interested or have any questions ask!

DeviantMunster

Interesting idea! Though... where do you plan on taking this? And... wouldn't d20 Modern or even WoD be more effective at this? What with DnD not really having guns or such~ *blinks* WoD - Second Sight has a good deal of psychic/magic abilities too. And of course, Mage: The Awakening has the higher end of powers.

Do you plan on creating your own DnD weapons? Or is there... a pdf someone made?

Domw3rds Venom

Ohh i did forget that part!! >.<
FOR NOW at least... I was going to have some of the "future technology" lost to civlization as the major cities had been over run

So just regular/magical weapons for the start up

National Acrobat

Sounds very interesting.

Please, tell me more....

Would you be using the DnD 3.5 Classes for the PCs, in essence, to define their roles, and we find technology as we adventure/explore?

Domw3rds Venom

We would be using the DnD 3.5 classes for the PC's, however! Seeing as that this is for fun and for all of our enjoyment, I am open to any suggestions, changes, or additions. Such as if you want to have me look at any spells, items, character classes, etc.
I'm a pretty reasonable guy for letting things in as long as they dont off set or make the game unbalanced =)

Technology would/will be found later on! But i haven't had much experience with modern day/future  weapons... Though I do have some PDF's from another game that could be modified to allow them into the game.

National Acrobat

LIAR

I have no idea what this DnD/WoD stuff is. Do I need to know much about it to join?

Domw3rds Venom

Not particularly! =)
I know quite a bit about DnD... But this will be mainly RP.
And any questions can be asked!