Kandy's PMS "Huh?" Moment

Started by Kandy, March 10, 2010, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kandy

Can any one explain to me how the labels and rules are supposed to work in the PMs and what they're for?

Thanks ya'll

zemo8801

I can help you with that Kandy what do you need to know about?
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Caeli

Labels serve as a "filter" for your PMs, and work similar to labels in GMail.

If I label several PMs with the "Administrative Stuff" label (that I make), for example, then later if I want to read all the PMs that I labeled with that tag, then I just click on the label (it will appear on the left of your screen after you make one) and all of those PMs will show up in the main body of your window.

Note that any message that is labeled is still sent to your inbox, and will still appear as a regular PM in your inbox.

The rules allow you to further customize what happens to your PMs. I typically use them in conjunction with the labels, but there are other things you can do with them, and that's something you should explore on your own, to see if it fits your needs. :-)

Rules require you to select a criteria, and then an action associated to the message if the criteria is met. For example, if you choose a criteria of "Sender Name" and write "Vekseid", then choose an action of "Label Message with" one of your labels, then every message that Vekseid sends you will automatically be labeled with the label you chose.

If you need further help, please feel free to PM me with questions. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Kandy

Thanks Caeli,

That clears things up a little bit. I'll play around and see what happens and be sure to PM you if I have any further questions.

zemo8801

you can ask me too if you want help as well Kandy.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas