Cold War Romance

Started by Stan', March 08, 2010, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

OK, so I love everything about the Cold War.  I have a small idea.  It's not much, but here's hoping with someone's help, I can make it in to something a lot better.  Firstly, however, I'm not too fussed on the year of when it will take place.  Considering I'm going by the proper time-line of the Soviet Union, it can be between the years 1950 - 1989, so that's a lot of choice.  Secondly, on to the actual idea.  I'm thinking that a small group of Soviet Paratroopers -- in the middle of the night -- infiltrate England or Scotland.  With stolen British uniforms, the plan is a success.  Radar installations fail to pick up the presence of the transport aircraft, and it returns to the Soviet Union with no problems.

As usual, I'll be playing two of my favourite characters -- one, is Lieutenant Mikhail Vassily Kirechenko.  He's a soldier in his early thirties (because I like to keep my characters of realistic age), and a man that has been given the stressful responsibility of leading this mission without choice.  What differs Mikhail from the rest of the soldiers under his command is that he is a poetic man that would rather have a classic novel in his hand, rather than a weapon.  Over the next few days, a headquarters is set up and part B of the mission has begun -- constructing as much information on the defences of the island as possible, and down the line -- sabotage anything that could oppose Soviet landings.

Enter "Morris", a communist-hating Scot, and your character: two agents working for MI-5.  It's their job to search for enemy spies.  And it just so happens that she meets Mikhail by chance.  Chemistry is instantly formed between the two, yet each other are blissfully unaware of the other's true identity.  Then suddenly one night, everything is revealed.  Morris comes to her with information that Russian troops have infiltrated Great Britain, and they're in this very city.  By this point, it's too late -- the relationship has become too serious.  With Morris questioning her motives, time is running out.  He's becoming suspicious, and it won't take long for him to put two and two together.  The Russian and the female agent are put in a difficult situation. 

If Mikhail abandons his mission, his comrades will come after him to kill a traitor.  And could the spy-hunter murder her partner and turn her back on her country for love?

Doomsday

I think I'd like to do this, if you're up to it.

Stan'

Nah, in romance stories I'm only looking for a real female to play the role.