You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 05:57:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: O&O method question  (Read 964 times)

Offline VekseidTopic starter

O&O method question
« on: March 06, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
What I'm thinking of doing is this
1) Members would select whether they played males, females, neuters/nullos, and 'others' (intersexed, transgendered, etc).

2) Within each of these categories members would select whether they played switches, dominants, submissives, neither, and from the given sexuality list.

An alternate step would be to add a third dimension (so someone could specify they only dominate when playing as a homosexual female and only submits when playing as a heterosexual male - whatever). That may make things more complex than is easily tolerated, however.

Thoughts?

Offline Brandon

Re: O&O method question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:41:06 AM »
So if I understand you right, lets say I want a male character so I select male. Then a new selection pops up with the D/S spectrum scale (Dominant, submissive, switch or neither) and the sexual orientation (Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual)?

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
Anything that could be done to draw a distinction between the sexual preferences of the writer, and the writer's characters would be welcomed. Which as I understand it, is what is being contemplated.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
So if I understand you right, lets say I want a male character so I select male. Then a new selection pops up with the D/S spectrum scale (Dominant, submissive, switch or neither) and the sexual orientation (Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual)?

Well, more like for each gender option you could note what sorts of orientations or spectrum you play.

Problem being that it doesn't allow for specifying specific sorts of spectrums for specific relationships (only dominating females, for example) but I think that point is probably best to put in your blurb >_>

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
Anything that could be done to draw a distinction between the sexual preferences of the writer, and the writer's characters would be welcomed. Which as I understand it, is what is being contemplated.

Yes please!

Offline Black Orchid

• Chatelaine of sleep, Courtesan of dreams.
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Oh Lord give me chastity, but do not give it yet
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
Well, more like for each gender option you could note what sorts of orientations or spectrum you play.

Problem being that it doesn't allow for specifying specific sorts of spectrums for specific relationships (only dominating females, for example) but I think that point is probably best to put in your blurb >_>

I'd love that, I found I liked to expand my male character, so I role play with them, but they are strikingly different than my females; like, let's say my male likes oral, but my female does not, will I be able to separate them? I also tried to make my O/Os base on what I (me personally as a role player) tolerate, but sometimes I have to keep explaining that to people...

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
That sort of thing I was planning on doing more for the new CMS, as I'd want to tie the concepts of characters, settings, and so on. this is more basic :-p

Offline Brandon

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
Well it doesnt do everything I would like to see but it is a good stepping stone. I approve

Offline Oreo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 01:24:25 AM »
I think it is good as it stands Veks. It gives people a starting place to check out possible active-seeking players rather than just reading through all the O/O's. Narrowing 6,000+ members down to the currently active top 25 is a great start.

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
I'm lost a little - what happened to where you identify your sexualities? I don't see it as a feature to check anymore on the left side. Mine seemed to carry through, but I noticed others don't have it designated. I'm not sure how to help them find out to designate this if I can't find it  ;D

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
I removed it while working on better version.

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »

Oh gotcha. When you go into someone's o/o it does say that they are unspecified, whereas mine says homosexual. I'm excited to see the better version! This is a very helpful feature!

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »

Would that also be why it no longer shows up as a link under my avatar?  (Although I admittedly didn't notice until I referred someone to it and they said 'huh?'  -.-

Offline Caeli

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
Is still there, "My Role Play References", if you're referring to the link to your Ons & Offs? O.o;

Offline Nessy

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »
This sounds pretty good to me. My sexuality has very little to do with my RP preferences so it's great to have a chance to remind people of my wide range of interests.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Is still there, "My Role Play References", if you're referring to the link to your Ons & Offs? O.o;

*facepalm*  Name changed and confuzzled me.  It did formerly say 'Ons and Offs', right?

Offline Caeli

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
Probably just to be less confusing. But I thought it'd been "My Role Play Preferences" for a while now.

Well, doesn't really matter. :-) Link's still there.