DnD- The Wrong Dice

Started by BigBuckBob, March 02, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

I was reading http://xkcd.com/708/

And it inspired me. The game would begin as a basic dnd type campaign, only it would use 2d6. Only during he first encounter the group discovers they have one d6 and one with words like fondle lick and kiss.

I am mostly thinking we play it as the characters, with maybe an initial 'ooc' reaction to the messed up dice.

Any interest?
Should I just assign 1=fond 2=lick etc. or does someone have a die that they are willing to roll for us?
other improvements or suggestions?

Fair warning- I've been working a lot lately, the pace will likely be slow. But should post once a week at least.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

sinera

Interesting. I *might* be interested in joining you on this expedition...
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

BigBuckBob

I'm always up for discussion, and discussions tend to bring in added interest. So, anyting that might clear up the *might*
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

KunoichiRogue5

I could get into this. D&D is fun and I can't get enough of games like it. Aside from messed up dice what else do you have in mind?
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

sinera

I would guess instead of conventional weapons we would do whatever the dice suggested, but would we be fighting monsters (imagine the dice telling a halfling to suck a troll!) or each other, a la arena style PVP?

I think this would be easier if we had an actual GM who had a module he/she would run for us.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Justme

It sounds like it could be very funny. May I join?

BigBuckBob

I could definitely incorporate the arena concept into it, but it would expand outwardly for peole that want it to and as i'm writing this my head is suddenly swimming with how to make it work more feasibly.

HP becomes exhaustion. One die describes the action, the other describes how much 'damage' it does and posts are written accordingly. And i think d20 is better.

i,e, suck 20 is pretty much 'finish the job' and suck 1 would be something out of  netspeak cybersex.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Schrödinger

Haha, why the fuck not, this could be worth a hoot.

You could even use the classic d6, d8 and d10, altogether. More options, more sexual ingenuity  ;)

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

Talia

OK...I think I would like to give this a shot. I have watched D&D, never played...I could post once a week and could read up. Even seek help if necessary. Seeing how it is going to be different and fucked up...well that suits me fine.   Let me know :))
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A

BigBuckBob

This is looking pretty good.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I haven't been able to keep even a weekly postin schedule.
This is going on hold, I'll drop everyone a quick pm when I revive it.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Cirus

I like it but alas on hold, count me in when it is on.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Marvin

This could turn out as a really funny game, I'd be willing to join when it's going up :)
The story so far -> Legacy of Castille
The Crew so far
The OOC
The Combat chart
Intrested in joining? -> A Post Apocalyptic Space Adventure (Spots will open for all kinds of characters as the story develops)