Gilmore's School for Wayward Teens (players wanted)

Started by SnowCheryl86, February 20, 2010, 06:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowCheryl86

After many different boarding schools and counselors, your character just can’t seem to straighten out, and sometimes refuses to do so. Your parent/guardians are at wits end, and have no idea where else to turn to until they receive a letter from a boarding school that they have never heard of. The return address on the envelope simply reads, “Gilmer’s House for Wayward Teens.” The envelope itself is sealed with red wax, and seems to be made from very expensive stationary. They open the letter and begin to read.

The letter reads:

"Before I begin, I would like to thank you for your interest in Gilmer's House for Wayward Teens. As I can imagine, this must be a trying time for you and your teenager. As requested, I have taken a look at your child's record and have made a final decision. I am pleased to tell you that your child has been accepted into my institution! This is no easy feat however, as this institution has had a grand reputation for taking the misguided youth of tomorrow and shaping them into the leaders of today! Your child will be taken care of by the finest staff mankind has ever seen! They will be tutored by world class professors, fed by excellent chefs, have ample opportunities for physical activity, and even counseling will be given to assist them in ridding themselves of their shortcomings! Right now, our classes are not in session, and will not be so until the end of summer. Don’t wait until then, though. Send your child to the address below, and we will get them started on the path to success!

I look forward to hearing your reply and would love to meet you and your child as soon as possible!

-Signed
            Kevil H. Gilmore III, Proprietor of Gilmore's House for Wayward Teens!"

I’ve had this idea in my head for a few days now, but would like to see if it would pique anyone’s interest before I go off planning and so forth. The players would be either be teenage students (16-21) who are living at the institution, or the staff members (any age) who work and even live on campus.  Ofcourse, this school isn’t without it’s mysteries and secrets. Some students are sent there and within weeks run away, and some just vanish.  What could be going on in there, and why has Headmaster Gilmore never   been seen by the students before? These are just a few of the questions that the players might possibly investigate….or not.
Since the game would be taking place at the beginning of summer, the students wont have to worry about class, and will be allowed to roam freely. As stated, there are plenty of facilities tailored to interest every student. There are also sign-ups for sports teams and community service activies.  I would love to see this idea go through, and since I have never started a RP on this forum before, all help and comments would be highly appreciated! If you are interested, just send me a PM with your character info and I’ll gladly begin the enrollment process!

[Insert Witty Saying Here]

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

SnowCheryl86

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Eternal Damnation

would females be able to portray males? they seem to be my stronger characters. if not i'll sign up as a girl of course.

SnowCheryl86

Yes, any character gender you wish to play is fine by me, as well as any type of RP (NC, bondage, whatever as long as it's agreed upon by all involved.) So you go right on ahead and roll that perfect character!

and Carlissa, yes, it can happen at the school too.

Eternal Damnation

SnowCheryl86

Since I seem to have some interest, I'll go ahead and sign up a character.

Name: Lani Norlin
Weight: 125
Height: 5'9
Appearance: Her Hair is raven black and usually tied up in a pony tail, and her smoldering hazle eyes only heighten her allure. Her skin is a soft alive tone, and her nose and lips are angled perfectly. She could definitely be a model, and many agree she would go far in that career. She mostly wears tight t-shirts and blue jeans along with sneakers.
Personality: Lani tends to befriend males quite easily due to her flirtatious nature and beauty, yet it's hard for her to be on good terms with other girls even though she tries.

Background: Lani was raised in east Georgia, near Savannah. Her father owned a construction company and commonly took her to work with him. When she was twelve, he enrolled her in a mostly male school. She hardly had any female friends, and often hung out with the guys. When she hit 15 though, her father enrolled her back in normal public schooling, and thus her problems began. She lost her virginity, and discovered that sex was't all that great.....it was better! She bedded with many guys in her freshman year, and earned a reputation as an "easy lay." Her father finally had enough, and began seeking counseling for his daughter. After a year and a half of searching, he recieved a mysterious letter from the institution. Without even a second thought, he sent her packing to the school. She's only been there for a week, and is just now starting to get over her fathers decision. Hell, maybe she'll even get to have some fun while she was here.

DeviantMunster

I'm curious about something! What sort of game will this be? You mentioned certain mysteries and the like. Will it focus on sort of kinky things, as I'm expecting? Or will there a focus on horror aspects? What with people running away and disappearances.

SnowCheryl86

The secrets that may be revealed will both be kinky and horrific. I'm also thinking about letting the players have a say in what may happen. I always find that if you let a PC kind of make-up his own destiny, that it gives you a good bit info with which  you can use later if need be.

London

Do you have room for one more? And is the school co-ed or an all girls?

Esoteric Myobi

Sounds interesting so far, though I think I would need a bit more information before I throw my hat in as well.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

SnowCheryl86

London: The school is coed, with males and females living in seperate dorms. There is one dorms for coeds, but it is reserved for straight A students who are well behaved....good luck finding any of those.

Esoteric Myobi: What information would you like to know?

London

In that case I would like to join. I'll have a character made up shortly. As for the males and females living in different dorms... It'll still be a lot of fun.

Caliban

I'd be interested in playing a male, either a faculty member or a student.  I assume this is a freeform game rather than system, correct?
"All jocks think about is sports.  All nerds think about is sex." Somewhere at the edge of the bell curve is the girl for me.
"Take off your clothes.  And roll for initiative." I burn for you: I Cor. 7:9
System RP: Shadows of Terramar (d20 fantasy) * Pulp Scripture (WoD contemporary supernatural) * Perfidious Albion (GURPS steampunk)
Do the rocks in my head fit the holes in yours? --> Oohs and Ahhs
Meae Culpae (A&A)

SnowCheryl86

London

Here's my idea for a character. If you see any problems with it let me know.

Name: William “Willy” Strong
Weight: 160
Height: 5’10
Appearance:  A handsome young man with dark brown hair and emerald green eyes, Willy usually wears dark cloths. Favoring dark blues and black, he normally dresses in t-shirts and jeans with sneakers.
Personality: Easy to get along with, Willy still has the hot temper of his Irish mother. Willy is a charming young man with a smile to match. Intelligent, flirtatious, and friendly, he is a loyal friend.

Background: To say Willy had an easy life would have been misleading. Born and raised in Florida, Willy was raised for the first ten years of his life by just a mother. Just after his tenth birthday, October 31, his mother married his new stepfather. It didn’t take Willy long to realize that his stepfather and himself were never going to see eye to eye. His rebellion started out like most with just simple back talking, but quickly turned extreme. By the time Willy turned 13 he was already tuning into an accomplished thief. Having discovered the excitement of almost being caught, he continued to raise the stakes of his nightly outing. Loosing his virginity at the age of 14, he found out how much he loved sex. Having been caught by one of the fathers of his many girlfriends, Willy’s parents tried to get him some counseling. After two years of nonproductive counseling, his parents received the letter from the mysterious institute. It took them all of a minute to decide to enroll him. Driving him to the institute, his parents wanted to make sure he didn’t run away.

SnowCheryl86

Cody

id like to sign up..heres an idea for a character for me:

Name: Cody Bruh
Attitude:Quiet, Angry, Lonely, loves to fight but also loves girls. very protective of those he cares about.
Physical:6'ft 210lbs, muscular but not buff body, jaw length light brown hair. Wears hoodies and hats usually.
Mentality:Smart, but hides it. Very defensive and argumentative.
History: Has been fighting in school since he was a small child, was on several sports teams but got kicked off for fighting. Raised by a single mom til the age of 10 when she married his stepdad, who hated him and made it clear. Has always been picked on for being so quiet.

What do you think?
Cody has requested an indefinite account restriction.

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm...mostly just wondering what the overall plot is going to be (if there is going to be any).

They arrive at the school...and then what? Also, I'm assuming since it's a school that 18 would be the max age for students? Will there be teachers around?

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

SnowCheryl86

Whoo! Finally got it up in the NC: Free form small groups section of the forums. Sorry it took so long, but I have been crazy busy with school and work lately. I'll post a link to the actual game later, and if anyone is still interested all they need to do is send me a PM with any question they may have. Once again, sorry for the wait!

Edited!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63437.0

click the link! Do eeettt!

AlexStone

I think I'll throw in a little here, see how it goes.

Name: Mark Pike
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 225
General Apperance: Athletic, with broad shoulders and a strong build honed by time in the weightroom.  Short cropped brown hair and smoldering brown eyes.  Usuallt wears atheltic gear- t-shirts and shorts or a sweat suit. 
Notes: If Mark was in a normal high school, he's be well considered by major college football programs.  However, not a lot of major programs scout a school like Glimore's, since no one wants the discipline problems that comes from a kid branded a wayward teen.  Without a real goal, Mark's become lazy- barely doing enough in the classroom to stay afloat, drifting across campus when the coaches aren't driving him to crippling workouts (The staff views athletics as a way of making teenage boys more pilable- if they're worn out, they're not causing trouble.)  If he were given a goal, or a goal, he might do well, since he's actually fairly bright and creative.  As it stands now, being the dumb jock is just as good, since it's expected of him and no one's pushed him out of it.