You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Annoying 'preview' bug...  (Read 574 times)

Offline mannikTopic starter

Annoying 'preview' bug...
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've noticed a problem that occurs when previewing messages before sending them. Everywhere I have an apostrophe such as in the word I'm for example, after clicking the preview button, the message is previewd correctly, but in the text box where I initially typed the message a / appears before every apostrophe. So the word I'm becomes I/'m. (and if I didn't remove those /s they would be in the message when sent)
I don't have this problem when posting, only when sending PMs.

Offline Haibane

Re: Annoying 'preview' bug...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
I know this has come up before and I know it was in the 'Obviously Stuff is Broken' thread about the last forum upgrade... which I now can't seem to find... :-/

I think it is browser-specific as I use Firefox v3.5.3 and it doesn't happen to me.

But as for a resolution to your problem, sorry... I just hope someone else can find the 'Obviously' thread.

EDIT: Ah, here is the thread I was looking for:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:46:17 AM by Haibane »

Offline Lithos

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
Which browser are you using? Knowing that would help narrowing down a bit at least. I tried to reproduce this effect with my Firefox, but it did not happen to me.

Offline mannikTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »
I have internet explorer 8...

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
I use both Firefox 3.5.3 and IE8 and it happens with both.  I think Veks said it's something to do with a bug and he's looking for/working on a fix.

Offline Lithos

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
I am running Firefox 3.5.8 under Ubuntu Karmic and I cannot get the same thing to manifest.

I typed message: Hi, I'm testing if these thingies work: ' and ' and '. to PM window and clicked preview and i could see no /:s in either preview or original.

What unicode support have you installed? Maybe it is a charset issue?

Offline Haibane

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »
I was wrong. I don't have Firefox 3.5.3 but 3.5.7 and I do not get this problem.