Session Time Out

Started by Autumn Sativus, January 15, 2010, 12:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Everytime I go to post something I get the 'Your session has timed out' error message. What's up with this thing? o.O
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oreo

I've had it happen several times too.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Probably too many cookies. You can usually fix it by clearing your browsers' cache and Elliquiy's cookies - be sure to select -everything- unless you're familiar with how to delete cookies from individual sites. Then restart your browser.

This isn't something I can fix until I finish the new CMS : /

Vekseid

I've written a cookie clearing script here: https://elliquiy.com/clearcookies.php

It currently only handles the ^$%# php session ID in IE and Opera, however. You may need to delete that cookie manually to get them all.

Oreo

I haven't had a problem since I deleted my cookies yesterday. Thanks for the tip Veks. *hugs*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Autumn Sativus

Now ever since I clicked on that, my browser won't save any of my logins to any of my websites... And even when I click on the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' buttons, the next time I open that website I have to log in again. :-\ That's just a pain in the butt for me. Is there a fix?
Us against the world

Vekseid

Quote from: Saffron on January 17, 2010, 10:58:21 AM
Now ever since I clicked on that, my browser won't save any of my logins to any of my websites... And even when I click on the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' buttons, the next time I open that website I have to log in again. :-\ That's just a pain in the butt for me. Is there a fix?

...no link should mess your browser up like that. What browser are you using exactly, and have you downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of it?

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Vekseid on January 17, 2010, 11:11:53 AM
...no link should mess your browser up like that. What browser are you using exactly, and have you downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of it?
Safari 4.0.4 and it seems to be updated since it's not prompting me of any updates when I search for them.
Us against the world

Vekseid

Quote from: Saffron on January 17, 2010, 11:14:33 AM
Safari 4.0.4 and it seems to be updated since it's not prompting me of any updates when I search for them.

Well, if you click on the little gear and select preferences, can you make sure that your autofill, security, etc. configuration sections are proper?

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Vekseid on January 17, 2010, 11:22:05 AM
Well, if you click on the little gear and select preferences, can you make sure that your autofill, security, etc. configuration sections are proper?
Yep, they all are. I've checked about a million and a half times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the cookie clearing but if that's not the case I'll go digging.
Us against the world

Vekseid

Quote from: Saffron on January 17, 2010, 11:23:37 AM
Yep, they all are. I've checked about a million and a half times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the cookie clearing but if that's not the case I'll go digging.

If it is, it's a hella nasty bug in Safari and/or webkit.