You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:42:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Session Time Out  (Read 922 times)

Offline SaffronTopic starter

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Session Time Out
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »
Everytime I go to post something I get the 'Your session has timed out' error message. What's up with this thing? o.O

Offline Oreo

Re: Session Time Out
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:11:25 AM »
I've had it happen several times too.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:53:26 AM »

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:26 AM »
Probably too many cookies. You can usually fix it by clearing your browsers' cache and Elliquiy's cookies - be sure to select -everything- unless you're familiar with how to delete cookies from individual sites. Then restart your browser.

This isn't something I can fix until I finish the new CMS : /

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:14:37 AM »
I've written a cookie clearing script here: http://elliquiy.com/clearcookies.php

It currently only handles the ^$%# php session ID in IE and Opera, however. You may need to delete that cookie manually to get them all.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
I haven't had a problem since I deleted my cookies yesterday. Thanks for the tip Veks. *hugs*

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »
Now ever since I clicked on that, my browser won't save any of my logins to any of my websites... And even when I click on the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' buttons, the next time I open that website I have to log in again. :-\ That's just a pain in the butt for me. Is there a fix?

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
Now ever since I clicked on that, my browser won't save any of my logins to any of my websites... And even when I click on the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' buttons, the next time I open that website I have to log in again. :-\ That's just a pain in the butt for me. Is there a fix?

...no link should mess your browser up like that. What browser are you using exactly, and have you downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of it?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
...no link should mess your browser up like that. What browser are you using exactly, and have you downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of it?
Safari 4.0.4 and it seems to be updated since it's not prompting me of any updates when I search for them.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
Safari 4.0.4 and it seems to be updated since it's not prompting me of any updates when I search for them.

Well, if you click on the little gear and select preferences, can you make sure that your autofill, security, etc. configuration sections are proper?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
Well, if you click on the little gear and select preferences, can you make sure that your autofill, security, etc. configuration sections are proper?
Yep, they all are. I've checked about a million and a half times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the cookie clearing but if that's not the case I'll go digging.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »
Yep, they all are. I've checked about a million and a half times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the cookie clearing but if that's not the case I'll go digging.

If it is, it's a hella nasty bug in Safari and/or webkit.