Alice Patrice ChaseNicknames:
Al, Pat, PattyCode Name:
Beautiful Dreamer, Thomas ChaseRole:
N/A, officially 13th December 2020Age:
N/A, officially 25Birthplace:
So far straightDominance:
128 IbsEye Color:
Blonde, with darker blond endsKnown Mutant Powers:Active:
- Much like her mother she is able to manipulate people memories or watch them. Reshaping them to her will is no problem to her. She needs to be touching her target, not necessary skin to skin though.
- Once asleep, she cam move her consciousness into other people dreams (one person at most per dream) and interact with them. Reshaping their dreams as she wants. If she is able to have her 'victim' go with her to her dreamscape, anything that happens to the consciousness of the person, happens to their body too. They need to go with/after Alice on their own free will, though she can trick them into following her by taking an appearance that would cause them to follow her. Can be forced out of someone's dream if they have strong telepathic powers or someone with those powers backing them up.
- She possesses some telepathic abilities, giving her ability to hear people's thoughts like constant whispers (aside those who do not project their thoughts). During her life she learned to mostly ignore those whispers and they are rarely anything more then annoying buzzing sound in the back of her head. She is not trying to train her apparent telepathic abilities.
- Her mind sometimes creates dreams or visions that are odd mix of memories (not only her own), nightmares, dreams and occasionally even visions of future, but she is not aware of this. Those dreams she can not reshape.
- Mediocre shields to intentional telepathic attacks when awake, when asleep the ability switches to active and is far better.
- Extended lifespan, slowed down ageing process.
- After altering memories, during her next sleep she will be unable to pull someone into her own dreamscape and her abilities of changing the people dreams drops down a lot.
- When asleep and in someone else's dream she can not be woken up before she returns to her own dream, leaving her vulnerable to assault.
- If she is longer then 6 hours while not in her dream there is a possibility that she will be unable to return to her dream and body and will fall in coma.
- Mutants dreams and vivid memories enter her mind when she is not sleeping. If strong enough they can momentary confuse as to who she is, where she is, what is she doing, etc. It can be momentary (few seconds) or long-term (even to weeks).
- Not skilled in physical fight.
Alice is not really good, but nor really bad. Or at least she tells so herself. She has nothing against using her powers to complete her work when it was impossible to do so without it, or when it would take much, much longer. Humans and mutants to her are the same and as long as she will be not endangered by either it will stay like that. Threats are usually quickly dealt with, usually by simply changing memories and feeling that came with those toward herself. She does no charity and always awaits some kind of repayment for her P.I. work. But in private she can do some relatively selfless acts.
Tidy in her own way. What to everyone looks like a barely organised mess (her room was stacked with papers, cigarettes, books, clothes, papers again and the office was not much better), she knew where everything was. She does not let anyone clean the place up and gets annoyed when someone touches anything without her permission, though to lesser extent in her office. As mediocre smoker, she has no intention of stopping her habit, no matter what anyone says, but when visiting her father she never smokes in his presence.
So far she had no luck in finding that right person, and she often spends her free days dreaming, roaming in people dreams, most of times simply watching them. She is not prone to fits of anger and seems like rather... Bleak person. Hence she has not many good friends, but in her work-related business, she has some sort of good reputation and loose ties with police. Smart, but introverted, Alice loves reading and it is her hobby. She reads newspapers, books, online texts. And yet thinks little of the world future and politics, aside the few times that they brush her during work. She tends to shy from people, especially mutants, but not to a large degree. It just makes her look shy. To a degree cunning, she could be an asset to either side, but Alice simply hopes that whatever happens worldwide will avoid her. History:
To really know her past, one would have to track her mother to ask, or someone who knew her. Why? Alice mutation awoke early, or maybe it was always there, even in her mother's womb. And she changed her own memories, so many times as child that many of the true ones were lost. As no one no longer lives, who remembers those. So what is true fr her past? Alice does not know. Nor she really cares. The things that she remembers keep her happy.
She was supposedly born at 23:49 on 13th December 2020, in one of many hospitals in New York. The one in the slums, where no one really paid much attention to anything. Supposedly she was born there. Supposedly there were people who remembered that yes, some girl was born that night, but then again many other children were born too. To people the only thing that mattered were the documents. And those said that she was born then. As a healthy little girl whose mother filled all the necessary documents, paid and then few days later left with the child.
On 4th February 2025 Thomas Chase, a normal human met a child on his house footsteps, waiting for him. With the certificate of birth in hand words that mommy was gone, Alice was for the time being cautiously welcomed into the house. Of course Thomas was cautious, but good man. So he paid for DNA tests which did prove that he indeed was the child's father, as he had no twin and the results matched. As questioning the child to whereabouts of her mother was unsuccessful (then again what he could expect from asking a barely four years old girl?), he simply took her in and treated her with care, slowly learning to love that child of his whose mother he was not sure of (he should have listened to his mother that his playboy ways would get him into trouble). He did change his work and moved away with her, t o a place more suited to a child in his mind. Of course it was not utopia. They were a rather normal two-people family, they had good and bad moments, as Thomas had to learn how to care for a child (at least the daughter turned up to be a good way to get a lay).
Alice herself was a rather normal child. Maybe a little more quiet and withdrawn, but relatively normal and when around people she trusted or spend a lot time with, she opened up a little more, turning into bright and smiling child. She was a smart child. Not a genius one, but a smart one none the less and Thomas found what pride at his child successes meant. Of course the girl had occasional nightmares, but to Thomas it was something rather normal given her background. The blonde girl liked her father. He was a nice person. And Thomas never found himself plagued by nightmares. During the years, Alice was growing up and her father completely accepted her and loved her, she was his only child, his daddy-girl. And Alice found herself spoiled, which was nice and she enjoyed it.
Rather normal teen years. She had her friends and her enemies and even crushes. She appeared as normal as she could. She made mistakes, she succeeded with some things. She was normal. Or at least seemed like normal. Middle-school. Then high-school. People and friends changed. And she grew up more, while her father seemed overly protective over his daughter. But then again he knew what kind of wolves the men were. To his relief, Alice enjoyed more being in home, reading books, surfing through internet and having female friends. Her grades were good. It was obvious that she was intelligent, sometimes even sharp, but some subjects were just not for her. Still, she gave her father little to none trouble, aside occasional skipping class, getting sick, or having few male friends. Or sometimes having different opinion.
All in All Thomas Chase knew that his daughter could be much more problematic. Alice was his baby-girl whom he would always love and protect. She was very dear to him. And the girl, now young woman took advantage of it. She never had to worry about money problems and she was fine with having only few loose friends. The school graduation came fast and then Alice decided to 'study' to be a P.I. It worried her father, it could be a dangerous work and there were others. far better suited for his baby possible futures. But Alice was sure, and would not change her opinion.. So he could only surrender and support her.
Alice was aware she was a mutant. But she was not sure if she wished for her father to know it, so she kept it a secret. Little mattered to her aside leading a rather normal, boring almost life. After finishing school with help of her father and the founds she gathered working as waitress, she opened her own firm. She was an official P.I then. Her office was rather small, not standing out. At first she lived with her father. But as his health grew worse and he had to be hospitalised.. She moved into her office. It had now only one room as office and the other one was hers living place.
Both, she and her father would not sell their house. So they rent it, while the pay went to cover the bills. Alice had enough cases to have enough money to not wory about them, while living not so bad. She enjoys living as she does, in relative peace and little worries, working as P.I. No matter who they were, former mutants, mutants or humans alike. As long as the pay was there and the assignment nothing too dangerous, she was just fine. And wanted to live like that for some time, even if for that she had to alter people memories and use her powers. For her own (and her father's) good, it was perfectly fine after all.