You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:50:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: ExXxalted game  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Ryvaken

Re: ExXxalted game
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »
Still any room for players? Perhaps a Lunar? Willing to be bonded to a Solar with a compassion of at least 3, or could just as easily go independent.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 08:55:15 AM »
Sorry for the late response. I got a Christmas present from work. A cold. :(

Terian and Ryvaken: Yeah, you can play. PM me your sheets.

I think that with these last two I'm going to close recruitment for now.

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »
In under the wire! :D

Offline DreadDTopic starter

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »
My character is mostly ready in my head, just need to get ahold of the GM to hammer out a few things.

Offline DreadDTopic starter

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »
Oh, right, I'm running the Changing Moons Lunar I was considering before, as I don't think I specified that.

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »
Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?

Offline Terian

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »
Think I'll back out after all--from a few day's consideration, I couldn't come up with a concept I was happy with.

Offline Idej

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 10:57:59 PM »
Hey, I'm new Exalted, but I am quite interested in this game.

If there are any spots available I can learn pretty well with game mechanics and be able to get character down.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »
Absent the possibility of taking Vice and Greater curse flaws to buy another charm or more backgrounds, my sheet is done. It wasn't easy; some tweaks to Luminous Tyger left me with something functional but not terribly fun-looking. That's when I discovered the chain daiklave and completely rewrote about 90% of the backstory.

Anyone interested in a male west-born Full Moon hedonistic Lunar mate?

Chain daiklave? Mean like chain bladed sword? Is there stats to such things?! Anycase I would not mind lunar mate but suppose you seek solar who is opposite gender, but then again even if we have eternal oath it would not mean having sex together :P. But that we are connected otherwise (but likely one two of us was woman in first age life so it can screw your head over have flashbacks when you were woman while your still a guy presently).

(note; do not take overly serious the solar mate offer :P)

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »
Scroll of the Monk. Two dots, one hearthstone setting. Essentially it's a dire chain and a short daiklave rolled into one, with another line of stats for using it as a chain with a blade at the end. Copied from my sheet's weapon entry:
WeaponSpeedAccuracyDamageRateRangeDefenseTagsOther
Chain Daiklave5189L210 feet162,M,RAttune 4
Chain Daiklave4208L2Melee13MAs sword
Chain Daiklave51812B210 feet16M,RAs chain
Chain Daiklave61910B110 feetNoneC,M,R,PClinch

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »
Nice sword, I myself went for reaver daiklave (for six foot long katana).

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2010, 08:55:01 AM »
That's reaper. The reaver is a butcher's cleaver. I know, their names are horribly similar for two polarized expressions of daiklaves. I usually go reaper or wavecleaver. If I'm low on dots, a short daiklave is as good as a reaper if you're light on hearthstones. But this guy, his backstory had him learning to use ropes and chains as improvised weapons. I was expecting to focus on unarmed fighting with Claws of the Silver Moon, but then I stumbled onto this bad boy. I think I'm in love.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2010, 09:29:04 AM »
Hehe, nice. Well I myself got just few melee charms. Iron Whirlwind, and took Fivefold Bulwark Stance (so I can parry much as I like with my high parry rating). Of course are prequisite charms for those two. I just hope it is enough besides orihalcum reinforced buff jacket for starting solar.

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
First five charms I get for a sword solar end with Fivefold and Heavenly Guardian. Iron Whirlwind is too expensive to tempt me, though.

For my lunar, Fury is obvious. Impressions of Strength, the version that adds a post-soak die to damage. Wasp Sting and Golden Tiger. All Fury-OK charms. I can only activate 2 at once with my Essence, though. Throw in a couple First Excellencies for kicks. I would have preferred Secure Cat to Golden Tiger, but Secure Cat doesn't lead to Flowing Body. Which is a pity.

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
Wait, Golden Tiger in Fury is Dexterity divided by 2? I thought that was a plus sign! Ugh, that is nasty. Maybe I should switch to Secure Cat so I can use its full rate more effectively. Hrrrrrm.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
Hey guys. I'm just waiting for the char sheets from the two people Reiji was bringing in. Once they're approved we'll be good to go.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »
Meep!  Am I too late? 

Offline Chimerelf

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
Figured I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I'm Chimerelf, ReijiTabibito's friend.  I've just sent off my character sheet to Empyrean.

Ultlifeform has just been approved and will be sending off his character sheet momentarily. 

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone and I hope this game will be awesome. :-)

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
Oh come on, you can tell us more than that. What is the color of your forehead?

Offline ultlifeform

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2010, 07:39:22 PM »
Alright... I'm the last guy, I just got approved today and have been trying to iron out the last kinks in my character sheet... or hopefully the last kinks... I'll send the sheet immediately...

Nice to meet everyone and I hope we can have fun together...

Offline Chimerelf

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »
Oh come on, you can tell us more than that. What is the color of your forehead?

Haha, alright.  You can know the color of my forehead.

Most of the time it's super pale, almost white.  But on special occasions, it glows violet.

Don't worry, though.  Your character won't likely remember that fact for long. ;-)

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
Aw hell. Saturn? Seriously? This is going to end bloodily.

Offline ultlifeform

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
My forehead glows gold on certain occasions. Matches nearly my entire wardrobe as well.

Offline Chimerelf

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »
Aw hell. Saturn? Seriously? This is going to end bloodily.

Oh?  Why's that?  I would say that my character isn't a typical Chosen of Saturn, so maybe that will help.  Who knows?

Offline Ryvaken

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
Well first off any Vizer is going to be greeted with the same degree of warmth usually reserved for rabid IRS auditors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse during nuclear winter. It goes down hill from there. At the very least you'll be swearing an Eclipse Oath or two to make sure you won't call down the Wyld Hunt or try to kill us yourself.