You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:17:52 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: ExXxalted game  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Empyrean

Re: ExXxalted game
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »
Sexual themes will be non-con, possibly some bondage.

There will be high adventure and a need for social-fu, yes. :)

Prurientelf: Feel free to PM me the sheet and I'll get those creation rules to you later today. :)

Zaer: I'd prefer if they all started on an even playing field as new Exalts, but I have no problem with you going for a war machine character.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
Ok, even field then. Anycase Prurientelf here is quick summary of the char creation rules;

Char Creation process

Step One: Choose concept, caste and motivation. Note caste's anima power.

Step Two: Attributes. Note that all attributes start by one dot before you add any.
Prioritize the three categories; 8/6/4

Step Three: Abilities. Note caste abilities and choose 5 favored abilities. 28pts spread, 10 in favored and caste abilities, minimum 1pt in each of them. None above 3 without bonus points.

Step Four: Advantages. 7 dots in backgrounds (none higher than 3 without bonus points). 10 chars (five in favored/caste abilities). Virtues (5, none above 4 without bonus points) and virtue flaw.

Step Five: Finishing Touches. Record Essence (2). Willpower (add two highest virtue values together). Personal essence ([Essence x 3] + willpower). Peripheral essence ([essence x 7] + willpower + sum of all virtues). Record healt levels (7, plus any gained by charms).

Bonus Points: 15

BP Costs:
Attribute 4
Ability 2 (1 if favored/caste)
Background 1 (2 if goign above 3)
Speciality 1 (2 per one if favored/caste aility)
Virtue 3
Willpower 2
Intimacies 3 to increase starting intimacies to (willpower + compassion)
Essence 7
Charms 5 (4 if in favored/caste ability)

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »
Five Winds Rhapsody: Zenith (Or Eclipse) Caste Dancer and leader of an adventuring elemental band.  :) 

Voice Actress and Inpirational Model: Christina Scabia (From the band Lacuna Coil). 

Offline ReijiTabibito

• Gatecrasher
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • There cannot be another Fall.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »
I've played Exalted.  Oddly enough, I've never had the chance to play a Solar (played a campaign two evenings a month for over a year, as a Sidereal Chosen of Journeys; and recently gotten into the Dragon-Bloods).  I have a character concept, a Twilight warrior scholar (tentative name The Archer of Dusk's Fading Light).  I'm not so quick to assume I'm in, so am I, and if I am, am I stepping on anyone's toes?

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »
Plot: I reread the Neomah's mechanical effects. I can agree to the spell with the cap of only being able to make creatures up to Essence 3, and that your character would need to make the same sort of Compassion+Craft (Flesh) roll that a Neomah needs to. I do understand wanting to play a character as you envision it, believe me. Thanks for the link too. I'll check it out. :)

Muse: Sounds good. PM me more about this Elemental band.

Reiji: Welcome aboard! I have no problem with a Twilight warrior-scholar. :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:35:48 PM by Empyrean »

Offline ReijiTabibito

• Gatecrasher
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »
Okay, sounds good.  Got that just from the Charms section of the corebook.  Two things I want to clear up, though.

A: Empyrean, are you the GM for this Chronicle?

B: What sort of Exalteds would be accepted for this campaign?  I know I say I wanted to play a Solar, but I've also had experience with Sidereals, and I've like what I've seen of the Terrestrials so far, so I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
Plot; Why not simply summon Neomah's do all the dirty work for you :P. As they are specifically demons who craft new creatures (but you need some sum of raw healthy flesh from both 'samples'). You can use some healing charms for people whom you take flesh for neomah to work with. Also neomah doubles as demon summoned courtesan if you need same Neomah help with something but they are pretty much 'out of combat' demons.

The only added extra could be that you cross breed two hybrids samples together (example you firstly combine human and wolf, second neomah combines snake and eagle, then you take sample from wolfman and eaglesnake to create wolf+snake+eagle+human hybrid humanoid).

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Well, so far as I know about Neomah's abilities the children will not have 'demonic influence' in them if the summoner so demands.

But what would be your chars reason to be constantly breeding and doing experiments? To produce perfect 'mortal foot soldiers' to replace DB's in new solar empire?

Offline DreadDTopic starter

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:09 AM »
However, on the by and large Neomah have a good thing going, insofar as their perverse bargains go, ergo sabotaging the results, information of such may be spread, could ruin the rather simple "agreement" they have with those that interact with them.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
Reiji: Yep, I'm the GM. As far as Exalts go: Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Terrestrials, and Infernals are allowed. Abyssals aren't and I would allow Alchemicals if the new book came out before we started.

Plot: Never heard of Asheron. ^_^

I'd be willing to allow Craft (Genesis) to replace Craft (Flesh) and Compassion, and you can take Swift Gestation. Also, the Winged Spirit of Swift Transportation would be appreciated.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
Since the holidays are upon us, I was thinking of starting on or about the 1st. How does that grab everyone?

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
Works fine, done with char creation but need find good sheet where put the info.

Offline ReijiTabibito

• Gatecrasher
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
Emp:  Okay, I can get a character up by the first...though recent developments have made me question my character...PM me, I need to discuss this.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
Actually,  this is where it gets interesting.   She thinks repeating the past would be a mistake and has no desire to see a return of the deliberative.  Instead,  she'll make a stable Scarlett empire that she controls from behind scenes.   They'd continue to hunt celestials that didn't stay out of mortal affairs,  because in her view they'll destroy creation if they attempt to rule it.    Instead,  she'd like for the whole bar of humanity to be raised in order for it to better fend for itself.

She's also got A huge grudge against the UC and is much as an athirst as one can be in this setting.

As an aside, just because there's nothing mentioned about Demonic influence in the Neomah's abilities OOCly doesn't mean that a sorcerer shouldn't have good reason to always be suspicious of their demons IICly.

Well, I just wonder then how she reacts to my Dawn who plans to conquer the whole world and control it....as a god emperor. He has compassion 1 so he does not care much of people in general :P

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
Rofl, nice habbit :P. Give GM tool (a gun) and encourage him shoot you (or char) with it.

Anycase my char worked as bandit/mercenary before he crossed a DB from Lookshy and encounter made him realize his true dreams, and was brave enough face his death with cocky attitude...and then he got exalted, got nice manse and armor and weapon.

He got conviction also so he does 'dutifully' care for his cultists (he has cult 2 background). But he is truly selfish person and when before he could get whores and cheap liqor with stolen gold, he get free virgin chicks and free ale from being a hero so he DOES enjoy play that part for those perks. Also he got valor 4 so he is really valorous person. But he is also hot headed so temperance 1 comes from that.

Anycase Plot, I hope you do not mind if my char uses his social fu combo called 'Solar King Persuasion' to try convert you to his cause :P. He kinda got like charisma/manipulation 5 (with his gemstone) and first excelency presence+irresistable salesman spirit....he does not plan break your motivation but tries add intimacy to you to a idea 'rule the world with me' deal. Perhaps background wise your char has already fell victim to this technique and is already working with my char to build his empire (with your own means while he works with his).

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
Well, it is not like supernatural influence, just plain outright creating natural influence. There is difference between attempted charming spell and between just being very good persuader. So in essence exalts could not 'sense' their mind tampered with. You could feel great dealof doubt but you can resist my attempt with sacrifice one point temporal willpower. And I can repeat the subject to try re-convince you one more time and you can spend willpower again negate it. Then you would be immune further attempts of that subject for that day.

So it is not perfect persuasion tool but very good one. My combo that is.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 03:16:21 AM »
Well, my char is not social fu expert but I have his social stuff boosted up quite high in one vs one interaction. Also if I would try manipulate your char it would not be change her completely different person. Simply said my char would try ask her join his cause willingly. But as if you have high conviction it means I would need succeed several times to make you do something supportive to his goals before you create enough commitment to create intimacy for it.

Also as I know using social fu against fellow player can 'rub wrong way' so that's why I wanted carefully talk about it OCC so I do not cross the comfort line what you have for social fu applied to your char. But as note using presence skill alone is not detectable as any fashion as mind control, but as social manipulation or simply charming. I understand you could full ballistic if you figure out I tried manipulate you (basically trick you with social fu) but would your char take similar aggressive offense if she feels my char is merely seducing her (and quite effectively) to his cause? You can resist seduction (and so do not build any commitment or intimacy) but you likely feel 'strong temptation' as sign from my attempts. If I would use manipulation you would feel 'you were attempted to be tricked' (which I understand would be a thing what you would take as a attack and so proceed for counter attack).

I do plan go through charisma+presence route than manipulation+presence (which in itself provokes more hostile response if it fails). using appearance+presence whenever my char wants seduce someone to his bed (if he would like build relationship he would use charisma+presence but he is not interested build close and personal love relationship with compassion what he is having).

Anycase whatever I will try 'inflict' with my social fu is not meant screw over your char concept nor wrest control off you but rather try make your char 'team up' with my char. Just wanted approach this goal through game mechanic method than just agree in OOC 'that will happen'.

So, sorry again if I offended you any manner with my suggestion. If you feel still eery about my char using social fu towards you (and not be party friendly method) I will then back off from idea and use social fu only against npc's. As it is one things needed discuss on table before exalted game begins is social fu allowed towards circle members and what way it is allowed. I just thinked use my social fu to form stronger bond between circle members (to create connections and common interests) than instead enslave whole circle under my reign :P.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:18:59 AM by Zaer Darkwail »

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »
Ok, so seduction is ok but as note the same charm combo can apply also to seduction which is field what presence applies. Seduction can be Cha or App based (or even manipulation if he tells untruthful flattery get into your pants). When I said I am not social fu expert it meant that I am not able speed wheels of goverment functions (which falls to bureucratic skills) or make good public speeches in parties (socialize) or inspire crowd into frenzy (performance) nor able use charms which outright forces you make actions.

So what my char is good at is one vs one interactions. Also note even if OOC you know reason why you need spend willpower it does not make you 'know' the reason IC. To IC when you burn willpower is simply put your own willpower resisting to fall into crazy ideas what people suggest to you. Also so far as I know you do not need burn willpower in cases where suggestions directly violate your motivation.

So, in essence if your char spends time and my char grows interest on you, then my char is to you a handsome man with very influential presence. Example it tooks years of interaction with Palpatine with Anakin Skywalker to make him turn Darth Vader and some circumstances were needed to happen to make possible break Anakin's primary motivation and also break his old loyalties. Palpatine did not use any force powers brainwash Anakin, he simply manipulated him with social skills and persuasion and with his charisma.

I say my char is not Palpatine even if he has capabillities to be one (high manipulation score) but effects would be similar but more through a seduction than lies. So what I am saying is that I will try do social fu in field what I am good at but I want make also clear that you understand OOC wise how/why do it (and your char understanding what is going on IC wise). I could very well take that your char after spending few passionate nights with my char realizes how 'dangerously influencing' my char is (you realize you have started build intimacy to a person who's dream is similar to yours but done in fashion what you do not approve) and so you can start question did he use charm change your views or are you under effect of a spell which manipulates your behavior (while in truth neither has occured and so you may realize that yourself  have started changed from interactions with my char). I plan avoid using charms to penetrate your mental defense to influence you.

And so drama occurs and then at that point there are possible endings how bubbling romance between two power hungry people may occur. I like keep the ending at moment open and so not 'spoil' the fun figure it out but this far I have planned the interaction between our chars Plot Hooks. I of course hope for a 'both parties favorable' ending.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
Hehe, well my char is background wise from Scavenger Lands, so way how he would rule as god-emperor would be exact same way how kingdoms work in Scavenger lands; All independly but all answer the call for combined arms of might (led reasonably by Lookshy in such operations) against threats coming outside their kingdom. In truth my char would be down right poor governor of whole world (a small island kingdom, like Blessed Isle, he could manage) so he would like leave all matters handled by invidual countries but likes to have enough power to 'force matters' when he wants do so. So his eventual goal could be perhaps accetable to you? It could be bit more public than you initially thought to do things but same really.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
Yeah, in general idea from him is that he would take over Blessed Isle and form it as center of his power. Also he would like keep dragon-bloods as members of his army (if not, kill bunch of them and raise new generation of DB to live happily as cannon fobber). Then any celestial exalt is welcome join his court....but none them will have official power outside the isle in other countries (besides himself). If some rogue celestial up start starts make a mess somewhere then it is reeled in or killed.

Basically; turn Blessed Isle 'exalt only' place to live. It is no place for mortals (expect mortal slaves but even then dragon-blood is prefered as slave than mortal who lives short lives).

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
Good in what way? Good to cause trouble, or good that you agree on such 'rulership' :P. But at moment my char has no idea of other exalts than DB's and solars. But basic gist is that to get all exalts one place and away from mortal matters (ruled in Blessed Isle). But also emperor can have power control other country matters with absolute authority (who would dare defy emperor who has army of exalts :P) but he would not control other lands that much. Also ofc if some threat comes up then exalts move out from blessed isle stop it.

Offline Terian

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
Is it too late to get in on this?

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 01:10:38 AM »
I think there is two caste spots left open in our solar circle :). I am Dawn, one was twilight sorceress, another a Zenith. So Night and Eclipse castes are unoccupied so far as I know.

Offline DreadDTopic starter

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 02:24:52 AM »
Sorry for not being around, Holidays and all, I should be posting more in depth tomorrow.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »
Ouch, sorry prurien, so we have ecplipse, dawn, zenith and some exalted sorceress (could been Lunar or twiligth).