You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:42:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: ExXxalted game  (Read 4918 times)

Offline DreadDTopic starter

ExXxalted game
« on: December 14, 2009, 01:21:57 AM »
Now, I apologize for the wishy-washiness of this request in advance.

Basically, I've been reading through the Exalted books lately, and been a little surprised at how incredibly sex-focused a large quantity of their text is, and, well...  I went "Hey, I know somewhere where we could actually do something with all that subtext."  The only problem is, I don't really have the experience with Exalted to think I can actually RUN the game.  I'm mostly wondering if I can find other people interested, and if we can put some sort of plot or find a GM who wants to run it together.

Anyone in for a little Higher than High Fantasy playing about?

Offline Cold Heritage

Re: ExXxalted game
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
Which edition, and which group were you interested in playing?

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 02:06:37 AM »
A fair question, the only edition I have access to any books of is...  Well let me go check...  2nd, at present, so I suppose that was the edition I was considering.  As for "Groups" I presume you mean Solars/Abyssals/Infernals/Et al.  What I would hope to see in the game would quite possibly be a mixed group for...  Optimal potential, though undead make me feel, er...  Awkward when it comes to certain kinds of RPing so I, at least, would not want to be involved with any deeds with Abyssals.  If a GM has an idea for a game that requires a unified group of one type, I'd be willing to work with that, but I can beg, borrow, and steal most of the books I'd need to find out stuff about the various types as needed, so I have no specific type in mind.

Though I must confess a preference for using the merit/flaws system from Scroll of Heroes (if that's the right name) in character creation.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »
I'd be interested in being the GM for this. I think I could come up with something that allows for a mixed group setting that allows for the erotic text to be applied. :)

Offline Yosho

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
If a GM has been found and this game gets off the ground, you could count me in.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »
Well, we seem to be off to a decent start, Empyrs.  Three players at least should be enough to at least start considering what all you want to do ^_^

Offline Raveled

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »
Exalted can be fun.  Might as well throw my hat in.

Also, I laugh at the idea that there is subtext in Exalted.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:17:51 PM by Ravelry »

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »
This does indeed look promising. So do you all have any idea of what you'd like to play yet? Keeping in mind that Abyssals are out as are Fair Folk. The rules for the Raksha are very confusing and headache-inducing I've found. Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragon-Blooded, and Infernals are all allowed and encouraged.  I won't stop you if you want to play a Heroic Mortal, Ghost, Demon, or one of the Blooded characters, but what I have in mind so far is something that might not be friendly to those types.  Also, the Flaws and Merits from the Scroll of Heroes is allowed, and if Alchemicals comes out before we start play I'll happily allow them in too. :)

Offline Raveled

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
Well, my default is Lunars.  Let me dig around in my stable, see what pops up for fresh air.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:33 AM »
Hrm, well, on some level I tend to try to get a feel for the setting and *then* design my character rather than vice-versa.  If nothing else, I'll see what everyone else wants to play and see if I can't fill in any party effectiveness gaps that might show up.

Though, to be fair, playing some sort of socialite in this game has some appeal, probably Solar/Lunar at that point, I suppose.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »
A Solar or Lunar socialite sounds awesome. :) I'm still working up the setting in my head but I don't imagine there being a lot of direct combat (unless that's what you all want). I hope to be able to give you a clearer idea by the end of today or tomorrow. :)

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
*Throwes himself down on his knees and grovels.* 

May I play? 

Would you like Chocolate the sexy night caste courtesean trying to take down the drug trade?  Yume the busty martial artist?  Someone else/  Anyone? 

Offline Raveled

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 03:28:14 PM »
I'm thinking either an enigmatic No Moon sorcerer/shaman, or else a Changing Moon monkey/thief.  So plan around those.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
An innocent version of Yume who had yet to have any experience in love would be to DIE for.

If possible, I'd like to try out an Infernal, using the Infernal hero style of fighting. The core sort of concept would be a sort of Blood Knight kind of guy (you know, a guy who just really, really loves to fight). I think he would probably be less a type who would have his own ambitions and goals, because the greatness he is destined for is defined by conflict . . .  any conflict, really.

I might need some help on charm selection and all of that so I don't end up being a paper tiger or otherwise functionless.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
All of you are welcome to play. ^_^

Muse: So hard to choose! Any possibility of a busty, sexy martial artist courtesan by any chance?  XD

Prurientelf: A naive and nubile Eclipse definitely works. ^_^

Plot Hooks: I've never heard of the Spawning of Monsters spell. Or seen Hypno-toad but I think I have an idea of what you'd like to do with Unspoken Word.

Cold Heritage: I would have no problem with such an Infernal.

Thank you all for your interest. :) As for the themes, so far I'm thinking that the themes will be those what sort of power and pleasure one can seek when you're suddenly granted great gifts. Also, the theme of the new against the old. As for the game's plot, here's my idea so far:

A group of outsider Exalts (an extremely naive ronin Chosen of Journeys who was never found and trained by the Bureau of Destiny, her Outcaste Wood Aspect lover, a Casteless Lunar with a grudge against the Guild, and a Night Caste Solar kleptomaniac) have banded together. Very recently, they've stumbled across a McGuffin known as the Eye of Autochthon, which is an exceptionally powerful artifact. PCs can be sent to retrieve it (if they belong to an organization like the Silver Pact) or they could just run into the group. The problem now becomes, how do you seduce, manipulate, or gain the allegiance of these four, and what do you do with Creation-changing power, and the chance to achieve unparalled pleasures in the face of those who would seduce or steal the power from you?

What do you think guys and gals? I am willing to work with the group to create something all will find enjoyable to play.  :)

Offline Plot Hooks

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »
Heh, I can respect that.    I'm not really into preggo-play either, per say.     For me, it's a Bene Gesserit thing.    Creating an society with an Omni-sex demigod at the head of it all has an undeniable allure.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 11:14:40 PM »
It's probably the D&D in me, but when I see that game idea, my answer to the question is, "get the Unconquered Sun off the Games of Divinity, make the Solars worthy of his love again, and make Creation a better place."  :-[

What sort of chargen rules are we looking at?

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »
While I'd certainly be on for the story idea, if that's what people want, I feel as though focusing it on four other characters and an artifact of SUPER POWER might be a bit limiting to our potential for interaction, particularly if people are going to be playing young exalted.  By making it about "You have the artifact to RE SHAPE THE WORLD" we lose the potential for small, but still significant interactions with regular mortals of varying levels of import, and a good deal of intrigue as things become a much simpler "Us versus Them" when you get to that sort of power level, because you eliminate a lot of people from being important to the story when whatever they bring against us can just kind of be waved away with the power of SUPER ARTIFACT.

I may be assuming overmuch, though.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 01:19:51 AM »
Assume in my opinion goes in front of everything. I'm not going to type it out.

I'd rather use the power of a demigod to deal with high-rollers rather than mucking around with dirt farmers. I want Grand Theft Yeddim meets Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon meets Action Comics meets Weapons of the Gods.

Being an Exalt of any level should eliminate a lot of people from being important by virtue of being someone with a heroic destiny and the guarantee of changing the world and fate itself. We reshape the world with or without the Eye of Auchtochton. Once you Exalt, you stop being the victim of a crapsack world where everyone and everything owns you, and can trade you to whomever they please for half a cigarette. Once you Exalt, you now live in a world of cardboard and even the biggest, baddest baddy in badguytown can't treat you like an extra anymore.

The youngest Exalt can wave away anything a master swordsman of 50 years can bring to bear with their own power.

Or did I buy a bridge from White Wolf?

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 01:43:09 AM »
Ah, perhaps true on an *individual* basis with a lot of people, but it's a simple fact that due to the way the numbers and reality work out, if a group of fifty to 100 people want to kill an exalt or two, particularly a recent one, they very often *can* and because of this people with a lot of political thrust, numerous hired guards, and so on, still have to be dealt with, and one isn't free to run around and just destroy any town they come across, and so on.

Massive world shaping artifacts removes any need to even pretend to be polite to entire *cities* of people, if they're truly world shaping and so SUPER as to have so many people out after them, and while I like the idea of being the movers and shapers and so on in the world, I'd like to still have to interact with the people of the world and so on in the process rather than eclipsing them and being able to count the number of people that matter as other exalts, the Fair Folk, and powerful gods and demons, and not even all of them.

Additionally, ignoring potential stat penalties, a heroic mortal with 50 years of sword mastery and so on might actually be able to menace an Exalt, Mortals are permitted to be capable of quite a bit, so long as they're heroic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:44:39 AM by DreadD »

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 12:17:33 PM »
Nothing I said is exclusive to combat prowess.

Anyway, best of luck with this, everyone. I'll bow out since I want something different.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
I'm willing to drop the four other NPCs and the artifact if it's a problem for all and work up something more appealing.

As for chargen: All Second Edition books are welcome, and I will allows Merits and Flaws from Scroll of Heroes. I'll also allow the charms, spells, and artifacts from the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness, but not the new martial art introduced in it as it doesn't seem fleshed out to me. Characters can be made as per normal rules for a starting character of their type.

As I understand it so far, we have:

A Night Caste courtesan and/or a busty martial artist
A naive Eclipse
A No Moon shaman/sorcerer or a Changing Moon thief
A Twilight Caste sorcerer or a Zenith caste sorcerer/priest

Plot Hooks: I've considered the Spawning of Monsters spell, but I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable letting it into play. But in a similar vein, would a Lunar sorcerer-scientist dedicated to breeding new races and with a lot of shapeshifting knacks for the omni-sex demigod idea of yours work?

Prurientelf: I can certainly run a grittier game if that's desired. Creation has a lot of inequities to be explored, and sexual ones should not be left out here.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 08:47:58 PM »
Okay, hrm, I think I'll go with a Changing moon socialite and see how it works out...

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 05:06:21 AM »
i have no clue what themes to build for here, peeps. 

Will there be non-con in this game?  High adventure?  Or do i need to focus on my social fu?

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »
Well, I am interested join this game. As dawn actually. I would go to the traditional 'heavy armor and biggest daiklave I can find' approach. With familiar at rating 4-5 for a flying horse which is half-breed of a magical northern horse and air elemental (a demigod entity which he tamed self-handledly). Also add reputation, followers and even cult (so he had been target for wyld hunt or two but all cases wyld hunt had failed so far because houses sended scrubs which were decked in artifacts).

So, essentially a combat/war machine guy but not much in social nor sneaky type (but he is handsome and charming so he is not clutch either). I do plan play him as experienced exalt (to bring some veteran among young bloods) but what bonuses my char gets besides beginner ones (to measure how much more experienced he is).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:51:52 AM by Zaer Darkwail »