You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:01:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 Homebrew [Male Player Character Needed]  (Read 693 times)

Offline CythieusTopic starter

D&D 3.5 Homebrew [Male Player Character Needed]
« on: December 13, 2009, 03:39:47 AM »
I am running a Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Homebrew game and we seem to have lost one of our PC's  :o.

Moreover we seem to only have one male player character and a whole group of females. So what I am looking for is someone of any gender, but I would like the character to be male. The character creation rules and regulations can be found here in case you want to look them over. I would like to say that if you have a long running or established character they are very welcome. The richer the story the better.

Offline Delta Echo

Re: D&D 3.5 Homebrew [Male Player Character Needed]
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 02:29:49 AM »
Count me in as interested. I'll see if I can get a character and background together in the morning. :)

Online TheVillain

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
I am too, similar circumstances. What's the class balance so far? I got a few ideas, need a bit of help with trimming.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
So far there is a Cleric/Scout (NPC), Bard, Paladin, Artificer, Ranger, Sorcerer, and Barbarian. Really can't be sure who all is playing since people seem to have slowed for the holidays.

Online TheVillain

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »
How attached are you to that Cleric NPC? I can probably be convinced to make a healer.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Pretty attached, there's nothing wrong with having two of the same type of character. But she was made to primarily heal because no one took Cleric and there's going to be a lot of undead and a lot of need to heal later. I had someone that wanted to play a Druid earlier, which might also come to be helpful healing.

Offline Delta Echo

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Would a Swashbuckler be OK for submitting? I have a sheet ready, just need to fix up his background.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
Swashbuckler would be fine actually. Have you seen the variant for it from Pathfinder?

Offline Delta Echo

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
Nope - I've got the Complete Warrior version. :)
I saw the Pathfinder Core Book (and Bestiary) in Borders today, but it was $50 I don't have. :(

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »
The Pathfinder Swashbuckler gets a class feature that's like sneak attack, its called thrust and it does 1d6 at first and grows to be like 4d6 in the end, it's not super strong but they also have FORT +2 and REF +2 to start.

Offline Katina Tarask

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »
Swashbuckler isn't in the core book anyways; it's in Tome of Secrets.

And most of what's in the core book is OGL, available on the Pathfinder SRD.  And you can download some free new classes that are in beta for the advanced player's guide; right now, Oracle, Cavalier, Summoner, and Witch.  The Summoner it totally worth a look and would be worth converting back to 3.5 for its sheer awesomenity.  Tentacle rapist as a character class.  Gotta love it.

Offline Delta Echo

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
@Katina: That does sound...ah...fun. :p And thanks for the link, I enjoy having dead trees to peruse but that can help me get a feel for  the system at least.

@Azrael: Sounds pretty cool. That's something I'll be reading up on when I can get it. But the real question is, do PF swashbucklers get proficency in the whip? It's always bugged me that (in 3.5) they don't have it, it's totally part of the package! ;)

As for my swashbuckler for here, how do I apply? by PM?

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
You can apply by PM sure, eventually you will need to post in the thread. And the whip I never thought about but I'm a huge fan of the Elvan Thinblade, I won't even make a Swash if I can't have that.

Offline Delta Echo

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
Gotcha. And of course. ;)

To me, Zorro is the archetypical swashbuckler, which means a sabre (or rapier...) and a whip. :D

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »
I think of the Three Musketeers.

Offline Vandren

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
Still need more PCs?  I'm considering joining a new game, probably D&D 3.5 since the last one I was in died out.